It’s been a very busy year for our team here at TOM BIHN! With new hires, new designs, and revamps of existing bags, we are grateful to have shared the journey with you! Here’s a recap of all the great things we accomplished in 2023:
We grew our team...
- We added eleven new members to our Production Crew this year! We are able to continue designing and handcrafting 100% of our bags in-house in Seattle thanks to your support.
We welcomed some new designs…
- February: We started the year off with the release of the Bantam.
- April: We introduced a new design, the Side Hustle! With three quick sellouts in a row, it became a fan favorite overnight.
- June: We said hello to the Mystery Organizer Pouch, and you loved it so much that you have helped repurpose 173 lbs of fabric!
- September: After 5 years in the making, we released the Trinity, and Tom has shared the design story with us over an interview.
- November: The Paragon 2.0 and Rogue Sacoche made their debut during the 2023 Holiday Launch.
We brought some things back…
- January: The Parental Unit made a comeback with 16 colorways!
- January: Iberian and Ultraviolet 200D accessories hit the shelves in a surprise restock.
- April: We also released Bantams for a limited time in our 400D Halcyon colors!
- April: The Yarn Stuff Sacks came back for a limited restock!
- June: The Pickup Truck and Large Cafe Bag made a return to our lineup!
- July: Marked our largest preorder in TOM BIHN history thanks to the Night Flight Travel Duffel.
- September: We brought the Bantam back in a limited release in two new colors, Coyote 210 Ballistic and Navy 420d Parapack.
- November: Our Firewood Carrier came back for a limited restock just in time for the holidays!
- November: The long-awaited return of the Zip-Top Shop Bag made a colorful debut in Halcyon and Cerylon colors for the first time in two years.
- December: We made so many travel trays Travel Trays, making it our number #1 accessory this holiday season with seven sold out back-to-back batches!
We also had to say goodbye to some….
- January: We bid farewell to the Night Walk 400D.
- March: We retired the Icon to make way for new designs.
- December: We also bid adieu to the Zeitgeist.
We switched some things up…
- July: We introduced C0 DWR finish to our 630D Ballistic, improving sustainability in our bags.
- November: New Zipper pulls, the Pull Du Jour, were introduced alongside the Paragon 2.0! (Don't worry, the old Cord Zipper Pulls are still available, if you prefer these)
We made our palette a little more colorful…
- January: We kicked off the year with Dusk, Moss, and Marigold Cerylon fabrics.
- March: We said hello again to Wasabi, as it made its return to the lineup.
- April: Zest and Tidal also returned, adding vibrancy to our color palette.
- June: Cerise and Seafoam made a bold entrance just in time for summer.
- July: Marine X-Pac joined the lineup for a limited time.
- December: Sakura and Wisteria 200D Halcyon closed the year with two floral-inspired shades.
We gave back…
- Repurposed 173 lbs of scrap fabric this year through our Mystery Organizer Pouch Program
- 600 lbs of materials donated through our Employee Scrap Giveaway Program
- 940 lbs of bags and pouches donated through our Employee Bag Giveaway Program
- 5500 yards of fabric donated to local organizations
- 311 lbs of electronic recycling
- Supported local, minority-owned small businesses through our monthly employee lunches
And we celebrated a bit…
- June: We hit 25k followers on Instagram and celebrated your journeys with TOM BIHN through our Where We’ve Been Contest!
- August: We marked our calendars (and our stomachs) for our Annual End of Summer Ice Cream Party at the TOM BIHN factory.
- September: We celebrated the Mid-Autumn Moon Festival with our incredible team.
- December: Our Holiday party and Employee Bag Giveaway wraps up the year of celebrations.
We’re very thankful for the year we had and are excited for what 2024 has in store! We would like to extend a sincere thank you to our dedicated team and to you - our customers - for making 2023 a truly memorable year. We look forward to continuing to offer products that bring you joy and convenience. We appreciate your continued support and look forward to what the coming year has to offer!
Cheers to 2024!