True to its name, the Bantam is small but has a lot of spirit.
- WPK (Wallet-Phone-Keys) bag for just your essentials
- Multiple carry options: shoulder / crossbody bag, sling / hip or belt bag
Small but formidable, the main compartment has one large interior pocket and two smaller pockets (the latter made from a mock-woven elastane fabric) to hold small things where you want. The rest is open space for your phone or pouches. An o-ring on the interior lies in wait for all your key strap needs.
Exterior Belt Passthrough Pocket
On the backside of the Bantam is a passthrough pocket measuring 2.5" / 60mm tall that fits most belts. On the top and bottom of the passthrough pocket are also two equal sized, narrow pockets that can be used to carry standard pens.
Ways to Carry the Bantam
We included an adjustable 5/8" Shoulder Strap, made from nylon webbing and with the same plastic clips as our Key Straps, to attach to the O-Rings on either side of the Bantam.
Waist Pack or Sling Bag
On the sides of the bag are unobtrusive webbing loops to which you can attach an optional 1" Gatekeeper Hip Belt, using our ubiquitous Gatekeeper clips. Wear the Bantam around your waist or hips, and you've got a sweet waist pack. Wear it crossbody with the bag on your back, and you've got a mini sling bag.
Slide your belt through, and the Bantam can sit nicely on your hip, in front of you, or behind you.
Clip the Handle Loop to one of the O-rings on either side of the Bantam and carry the whole affair in hand.
Clip one side of any of our Key Straps to the Bantam and then clip the other side to an O-ring inside one of our larger bags. That way, the Bantam stays tethered to your bag.
5/8" Shoulder Strap
A simple and light-duty shoulder strap made of 5/8" nylon webbing. It is adjustable and has plastic snaphooks at each end. It does not have extra padding.
8" Snaphook/Snaphook Key Strap
As with most of our bags, we've included a key strap. 8" long from tip-to-tip, a snaphook on either end. Good for attaching your keys to.
Gatekeeper Hip Belt
Attach this to the unobtrusive webbing loops on the sides of the Bantam if you want to wear this as a sling bag or waist pack.
- Carol B.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Craftsmanship, Compact, Sewn in USA, Versatile11 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Craftsmanship, Compact, Sewn in USA, VersatileRated 5 out of 5 starsAlmost dressy!
Well this is a dream come true. Tom Bihn durability, perfect tiny size to use most days and toss in a larger bag other days, and the inside-out fabric that gives it a dressy patent look! I love it. If I were designing it, I’d add an outside long phone pocket, maybe instead of the belt bag option, but that’s just personal preference and not worth deducting a star.
- AmyVerified ReviewerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Comfortable, High Quality Craftsmanship, Durable, Good Storage Size11 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Comfortable, High Quality Craftsmanship, Durable, Good Storage SizeRated 4 out of 5 starsGreat little bag for essentials
Just got my Bantam, and I already love it :) It's such a great little purse for when I just need my phone, headphones and other small essentials. My one small qualm is that the reverse X-Pac feels *slightly* cheap to me but that's not really a problem. It looks beautiful and will do what I need it to. Very excited to use this regularly!
- Christy H.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Craftsmanship, Sewn in USA, High Quality Finishings, Compact11 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Craftsmanship, Sewn in USA, High Quality Finishings, CompactRated 5 out of 5 starsThe little bag I didn’t know I needed
As per usual, this bag exceeds my expectations. The handy belt slide on the back fits the chest belt of my Synik. On my last trip, I didn’t have to rummage pockets or remove my pack to access my phone, keys or wallet. I love not having a cumbersome purse that just gets cluttered with junk. This bag is my new edc!
- Laura P.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts High Quality Craftsmanship, Sewn in USA, Durable, Unique, Versatile11 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts High Quality Craftsmanship, Sewn in USA, Durable, Unique, VersatileRated 5 out of 5 starsBeautiful Bag!
This is a beautiful bag. I loved the idea of a belt bag for walking the dog, workouts, while traveling, or just day to day. Other belt bags are so mass produced, everyone seems to have them and the neoprene they are made from isn’t practical. The material of this bag and the all black design makes it gorgeous and super functional. I first saw it in a pre-launch email and knew right away I had to have it. So far, I have this belt bag and the Synapse book bag and I’m hoping that Tom Bihn continues to make more practical bags for years to come, so I can get everyone I know on board:)
- Nick A.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Craftsmanship, Compact, Good Storage Size, Easily Adjustable11 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Craftsmanship, Compact, Good Storage Size, Easily AdjustableRated 5 out of 5 starsLove it
This has been my go to bag for running and hikes
Sewn in Seattle
Our bags are designed and sewn right here in Seattle, Washington, U.S.A.
That allows us to be control freaks in the best way possible; we have direct control and oversight of the quality of our materials, our products, and the jobs and working environment that we help create. It also offers us a unique spontaneity: when we have an idea for a new product or accessory, we can design it, figure out how to build it, add it to our website and be ready to ship it out our front door all within just a few weeks. How cool is that?
Intrigued? You can find out more about the unusual way we do business on our Company Philosophy page.
THE BIHN Guarantee
Everything you buy from us here at TOM BIHN is satisfaction guaranteed. We’ve been in business since 1972 and we stand behind what we make.
If something goes wrong and it's our fault, we'll fix it for free. Repairs due to normal wear and tear or due to other things that are not our fault will be performed, when possible, at a reasonable charge right here in our Seattle factory where your bag was made. Defects in materials or workmanship are uncommon and almost always evident while the product is still new. Keep in mind that bags and packs are often subject to extreme wear in everyday use: do not expect them to last forever. Only true love lasts forever! You can expect a TOM BIHN product to give years and years of hard service.