Our take on the toiletries kit. In two versions: Standard and Deluxe.
The Spiff Kit is the TB take on the ubiquitous toiletries kit. Though we suppose that a spartan few will live off the land and use whatever the hotel washroom offers up, most of us seem to prefer our unique collection of personal essentials for even the shortest of trips. For some of us that’s our favorite flavor of toothpaste or Dr. Bronner's soap (and, well, if Dr. Bronner’s is your favorite toothpaste, we're not sure what to say...); for others it's a refined collection of vitamins or cosmetics. Whatever it is, most of us have our daily deal.
We make the Spiff Kit in two sizes/versions: the Standard and the Deluxe. Both feature a divided mesh organizer pouch that will nicely fit most "trial" or "travel" size shampoos, conditioners and liquid soaps, as well as compact travel razors and toothbrushes. The center division of this pouch keeps things organized, yet doesn't overly limit exactly what you can carry. Opposite that (or above it, when the Spiff is unfolded), both versions feature a large-ish, undivided mesh pouch that will take your other miscellaneous toiletries/pharma, or perhaps a small travel towel.
A simple plastic hook allows you to hang the whole affair onto a towel bar or similar, particularly useful if you've got limited counter space (or none at all — yes, we've stayed in hostels too). Hanging it up also exposes a small acrylic mirror: even if your accommodations are of the rough-and-tumble sort, you'll still be able to look your best — or at least not be too surprised. The mirror is removable/replaceable, and arrives to you with a protective adhesive cover you'll need to remove before use.
The Deluxe version of the Spiff Kit features everything the Standard version does (everything above), as well as adding a clever shelf that holds four small (1 oz / 30ml) polypropylene Nalgene® jars (four jars included). The shelf is faced with loop material (like Velcro®), and the jars stick to the shelf because they have hook (again, like Velcro®) "donuts" on their bottoms. The shelf support un-snaps so the shelf can lie flat, in case you tend to use it the Spiff Kit laying down instead of hanging. Because the Deluxe Spiff Kit is a bit taller, that largish undivided mesh pouch is a bit bigger as well.
Note that neither version of the Spiff Kit is particularly 3-1-1 compatible. If you need a pouch that is 3-1-1 compatible, we suggest you check out our 3D Clear Organizer Cube.
- Nancy S.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Craftsmanship, Durable, Good Storage Size, Compact1 year agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Craftsmanship, Durable, Good Storage Size, CompactRated 5 out of 5 starsJust Right
Just right size, especially when partnered with the clear cube for when I fly. Flexible organization, o rings, hanging hook - everything I was looking for & love that everything matches. Durable enough for out in the woods or in the hotel.
- Juanita T.Verified BuyerBought For GiftProduct Standouts Made in USA, Great Gift, Good Storage Size1 year agoBought For GiftProduct Standouts Made in USA, Great Gift, Good Storage SizeRated 5 out of 5 starsBought for truck driver husband.
He loves it. He was using a ziplock bag for his toiletries. I surprised him with the spiff kit on one of his weekends home. He even said he loves that it has a mirror.
- Dustin R.Verified BuyerBought For Myself8 months agoBought For MyselfRated 3 out of 5 starsLacking in usefulness.
I bought this without even realizing that it did not have a quart sized compartment for liquids -- totally my fault for not paying attention. However, I am not sure what the best use is, if you can't really use this for travel on a plane? At least not optimally. It's attractive and well made, but also annoyingly limited.
- John K.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Craftsmanship, Good Storage Size, Made in USA, High Quality Finishings1 year agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Craftsmanship, Good Storage Size, Made in USA, High Quality FinishingsRated 5 out of 5 starsJust the right size, well constructed
My previous toiletries kit was ok, but the fabric failed at a seam. The fabric is too thin to repair.
I haven't traveled with this kit yet, but it appears to be built to last.
- Wendy A.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Good Storage Size, Unique, Thoughtful Design, Compact, Durable7 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Good Storage Size, Unique, Thoughtful Design, Compact, DurableRated 5 out of 5 starsSpiff kit
Loving it perfect size for me
Sewn in Seattle
Our bags are designed and sewn right here in Seattle, Washington, U.S.A.
That allows us to be control freaks in the best way possible; we have direct control and oversight of the quality of our materials, our products, and the jobs and working environment that we help create. It also offers us a unique spontaneity: when we have an idea for a new product or accessory, we can design it, figure out how to build it, add it to our website and be ready to ship it out our front door all within just a few weeks. How cool is that?
Intrigued? You can find out more about the unusual way we do business on our Company Philosophy page.
THE BIHN Guarantee
Everything you buy from us here at TOM BIHN is satisfaction guaranteed. We’ve been in business since 1972 and we stand behind what we make.
If something goes wrong and it's our fault, we'll fix it for free. Repairs due to normal wear and tear or due to other things that are not our fault will be performed, when possible, at a reasonable charge right here in our Seattle factory where your bag was made. Defects in materials or workmanship are uncommon and almost always evident while the product is still new. Keep in mind that bags and packs are often subject to extreme wear in everyday use: do not expect them to last forever. Only true love lasts forever! You can expect a TOM BIHN product to give years and years of hard service.