The classic bum bag/sling bag is back for a minimalist scoot around town or your next skate along the beach!
Walk through the features of the Bummer.
The belt extends from 23" at the shortest to 45" at its longest. It features two adjuster locks (tri-glides) to keep the straps in place while you're wearing it and held close to the bag, as well as some integrated strap keepers to further manage your straps. Don't like the tri-glides or strap keepers? No prob, pull the strap from the tri-glides, slide the buckle off, then slide the tri-glide and/or strap keepers off.
Put it around your waist or wear it cross-body. Or don't and wear it some other way; we're not the bag cops.
A front pocket for your phone, some pens, keys, your wallet, Ring Pops, or whatever else you want to put in there.
In front of both of the hip belts are little grab loops.
Grab it! Hang it! Clip it!
You know 'em, you love 'em. 3 o-rings -- two in the main compartment and one in the front compartment. Clip things to 'em with a key strap and never dig for your wallet, keys, or Tamagotchi again.
- Cameron R.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts High Quality Craftsmanship, Durable, Easily Adjustable, Good Storage Size1 year agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts High Quality Craftsmanship, Durable, Easily Adjustable, Good Storage SizeRated 4 out of 5 starsGood, but could be better
The build quality, as usual, is amazing. The size of the sling is OK (not quite perfect) for the little personal affects that I take onto a plane and want to have close by (ie. ear buds, eye mask, battery bank, etc, etc). It is also a great size for using as a sling for day trips.
I have some of the TB see-through organizer pouches to help organize some of the wires, passport etc.
The one thing I WISH it had was a zippered pocket on the back of the bag. I think this would be an AMAZING place to put Passports, cash, and other flat items so that the main compartment can be dedicated to other "bulkier" items.
I'm not sure how to get the idea to at TB (Nik maybe???), but I would love to see that pocket added to future iterations of this product. I would re-buy if that pocket were added.
- Ginger S.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Sewn in USA, Comfortable, High Quality Craftsmanship, Good Storage Size1 year agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Sewn in USA, Comfortable, High Quality Craftsmanship, Good Storage SizeRated 5 out of 5 starsSo far great bag
First off I’m on vacation and using it. We’re on a 30-day cross country. My positive experience began before I even received my/our bag/bags. I left a note hoping to get these in time. I had a personal note from Cody in my pkg saying to enjoy the bags and vacation. Please give him our thanks. We are 4 days into use and they’re working great. My husband commented not 1 hour ago how much he liked it and how much it held. Just so people know this, is what I’m carrying and still have room. Pen, pencil, key fob, iPhone 11 Pro in front compartment. Small wallet, sunglass case, hand wipes, bandaids, mask, lipstick, Advil, travel toothbrush, misc. cards, and Kleenex. I feel it’s important to list all this because as a woman…well you know we carry lots. Also very comfortable to wear with the large webbing.
- Dan D.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts High Quality Craftsmanship, High Quality Finishings, Durable, Thoughtful Design1 year agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts High Quality Craftsmanship, High Quality Finishings, Durable, Thoughtful DesignRated 5 out of 5 starspremium fanny pack
i dont know if it's worth $75, but it's an excellent fanny pack. i love the plastic snap lock, feels very strong. the stretchy bands to tuck the excess strap is great too, as i am super thin and have to tighten the straps quite a bit.
- CarolineVerified BuyerBought For GiftProduct Standouts High Quality Craftsmanship, Compact, Durable, Versatile, Great Gift11 months agoBought For GiftProduct Standouts High Quality Craftsmanship, Compact, Durable, Versatile, Great GiftRated 4 out of 5 starsSuggestions for v2 tweaks
This bag is great for the essentials, it even holds a kindle paperwhite which is great! But as a smaller human I'd appreciate a thinner belt - 1/2 inch would help the bag not feel as bulky and would feel more stylish. The back panel also has a layer of foam padding, but I find it unnecessary and it makes the bag too blocky if underpacked, so if it was removable that would be great. Overall it's classic great quality tom bihn design, the zippers are smooth and the o rings are so helpful, but the small tweaks would turn this bag into a holy grail for me.
- Marina M.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Comfortable, High Quality Craftsmanship, Good Storage Size, Easily Adjustable1 year agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Comfortable, High Quality Craftsmanship, Good Storage Size, Easily AdjustableRated 5 out of 5 starsDefinitely not a "bummer"
For some reason I've been holding off getting a hip pouch, but I'm glad I waited so I could find this bag! This is a great, plenty-big-enough bag to fit all your essentials (even your phone). As a parent to a toddler, this has been extremely useful and much more comfortable to manage. The clasp mechanism is easy to fasten/unfasten, waist strap easy to adjust, and that little loop on the strap is super handy.
This is an excellent bag and I look forward to using it for years to come!
Sewn in Seattle
Our bags are designed and sewn right here in Seattle, Washington, U.S.A.
That allows us to be control freaks in the best way possible; we have direct control and oversight of the quality of our materials, our products, and the jobs and working environment that we help create. It also offers us a unique spontaneity: when we have an idea for a new product or accessory, we can design it, figure out how to build it, add it to our website and be ready to ship it out our front door all within just a few weeks. How cool is that?
Intrigued? You can find out more about the unusual way we do business on our Company Philosophy page.
THE BIHN Guarantee
Everything you buy from us here at TOM BIHN is satisfaction guaranteed. We’ve been in business since 1972 and we stand behind what we make.
If something goes wrong and it's our fault, we'll fix it for free. Repairs due to normal wear and tear or due to other things that are not our fault will be performed, when possible, at a reasonable charge right here in our Seattle factory where your bag was made. Defects in materials or workmanship are uncommon and almost always evident while the product is still new. Keep in mind that bags and packs are often subject to extreme wear in everyday use: do not expect them to last forever. Only true love lasts forever! You can expect a TOM BIHN product to give years and years of hard service.