The Medium Café Bag is our timeless crossbody bag with a distinctive asymmetrical flap that is designed to help you carry and organize your everyday gear. Like the name says, this bag is perfect for any trips to the café, whether for work or just to chill with a cup of coffee, but this bag is also ideal for daily use and travel.
- Perfect for an iPad Air, water bottle, and small journals and books
- Main compartment with 4 organizer pockets and 3 O-rings
- Front zippered pocket to secure important items
- Slanted open-top pocket in the back for quick-access items
Under the asymmetrical flap is an open-top main compartment. It's a good space for a medium-size tablet, e-reader, books, water bottle, or foldable jacket.
On the front interior wall, you'll find four organizer pockets. One of the pockets is sized to fit your iPhone or a Nik's Minimalist Wallet and the three other pockets are sized for pens.
The main compartment has three O-rings, with an 8" Key Strap attached to one. The Key Strap is useful for tethering on your house or car keys as well as our organizers, such as the Cubelet or Ghost Whale Organizer Pouch.
Front Zippered Pocket
On the front exterior of the main compartment, behind the asymmetrical flap, there is a zippered pocket that spans the width and height of the bag. Inside you will find one O-ring. It's an ideal pocket for storing items that you want to keep extra secure, like your wallet, passport, or other small items. It closes with a #8 YKK zipper.
Slanted Slip Pocket in the Back
The back of the Medium Café Bag has a slanted slip pocket, under a handy grab handle. It allows for easy storage and quick access to papers, phone, a small notebook, and anything that is relatively flat.
How to Carry the Medium Café Bag
The Medium Café Bag is designed to be carried as an over-the-shoulder crossbody bag. It comes with a sewn-on 1.5" shoulder strap made of high quality U.S. webbing produced specifically for us.
Please note: Because it is sewn on, the strap cannot be swapped out for another shoulder strap. From our experience, the 1.5" shoulder strap is sufficient for a bag of this capacity.
Small, unobtrusive webbing loops on the left and right sides of the bag allow you to add an optional removable waist strap to the Medium Café Bag to stabilize the bag against your body while you're riding a bike.
8" Snaphook/Snaphook Key Strap
As with most of our bags, we've included a key strap. 8" long from tip-to-tip, a snaphook on either end. Good for attaching your keys to.
Love organizing and want even more pockets? The Medium Café Bag Freudian Slip can add 11 additional organizational pockets to your bag. One side of the Freudian Slip has a zippered pocket and two open-top pockets, one in expandable mesh; magazines, an iPad or iPad Air, papers or notebooks fit great in those pockets (they’re a bit small for file folders). The other side has two open-top mesh pockets that can fit bulky stuff: snacks, power supplies, and charging cords. Above the mesh pockets are four pen slots and one tools/flashlight pocket; there’s also a pocket for a phone, big or small.
The 10A Cache is sized for iPad Airs / Pros and will provide your tablet with extra protection. Put it inside the Freudian Slip or directly into the Medium Café Bag.
Gatekeeper Hip Belt
Attach a hip belt to the unobtrusive webbing loops on the back side of the Medium Café Bag to stabilize the bag against your body when you're riding a bike.
- SEAN B.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Good Storage Size, Compact, Versatile9 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Good Storage Size, Compact, VersatileRated 4 out of 5 starsGreat bag, but the strap...
- Fits my 12.3" tablet, even with the cache. Its stored in "landscape" mode, which works out for me as I can open the cache and charge the tablet without having to fully remove it. Good for a more minimalist EDC.
- The interior "well" is wide enough (about 3") for a small water bottle or tumbler. Its hard to keep it upright because of the soft material, but depending on how you carry across your body, you can use the internal "eyes" to hook onto it somehow.
- Interior pockets are good size. Good to keep a charger, cable, a mouse, and maybe a snack.
- Exterior pockets can keep a steno-sized notebook, or a "large" Moleskine 8x5s.
- The strap. Its sewn onto the bag on one side and the the other side is looped through the buckle. In this configuration, you cannot extend or replace the strap without somehow cutting a stich somewhere. If there were strap "eyes" like the Maker's Bag where you could clip on a strap, it would be perfect.
- Jaimie C.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Made in USA, High Quality Finishings, Good Storage Size, Unique1 year agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Made in USA, High Quality Finishings, Good Storage Size, UniqueRated 5 out of 5 starsUrban Sketchers Dream Bag
Wow! This is an absolute dream bag for all of my sketching gear. My sketchbook, iPad Pro and all of my pencils, pens, paint…..everything fits in this bag! I paired mine with the Freudian slip, clear pouch and a small cubelet. I feel so organized while I’m sketching
- Melanie H.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Comfortable, Versatile, Easily Adjustable, Unique8 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Comfortable, Versatile, Easily Adjustable, UniqueRated 5 out of 5 starsSpacious everyday bag
Slim profile, comfortable strap, quality workmanship, holds A LOT. A really versatile everyday or travel bag. Shown below:
-Photos 1-2: Side and overhead view when fully packed
-Photos 3-6: Packed with a standard letter size folder, an iPad Pro 11" 4th gen, and a Tom Bihn Vertical Packing Cubelet (1.5L) laying horizontally, a TB Double Organizer Pouch, size medium, in front pocket, and a S'Well 15 ounce water bottle (photo 6, only top is visible)
-Last photo: everything that's packed inside from the 1st 2 photos (TB Vertical Packing Cubelet + its contents, TB Side Effect + its contents, A5 journal, TB Double Organizer Pouch size medium, iPad Pro, TB Nik's Wallet, Eagle Creek mini Pack-it cube + contents, foldable shopping tote, pen pouch, Athleta mask pouch, S'Well 15 ounce bottle)
- Kim L.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Comfortable, High Quality Craftsmanship, Made in USA1 year agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Comfortable, High Quality Craftsmanship, Made in USARated 4 out of 5 starsClose to perfect
I love my new Cafe bag. It is perfect for my trip to the coffee shop. The reason it got 4 stars instead of 5 is I wish it had a zipper on the main pocket.
- Brandon M.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Sewn in USA, High Quality Finishings, High Quality Craftsmanship, Thoughtful Design1 year agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Sewn in USA, High Quality Finishings, High Quality Craftsmanship, Thoughtful DesignRated 5 out of 5 starsI love this bag!
I am in love with this bag. It’s made of high quality materials and is the perfect size for my EDC. I also love the color I chose, logic blue.
Sewn in Seattle
Our bags are designed and sewn right here in Seattle, Washington, U.S.A.
That allows us to be control freaks in the best way possible; we have direct control and oversight of the quality of our materials, our products, and the jobs and working environment that we help create. It also offers us a unique spontaneity: when we have an idea for a new product or accessory, we can design it, figure out how to build it, add it to our website and be ready to ship it out our front door all within just a few weeks. How cool is that?
Intrigued? You can find out more about the unusual way we do business on our Company Philosophy page.
THE BIHN Guarantee
Everything you buy from us here at TOM BIHN is satisfaction guaranteed. We’ve been in business since 1972 and we stand behind what we make.
If something goes wrong and it's our fault, we'll fix it for free. Repairs due to normal wear and tear or due to other things that are not our fault will be performed, when possible, at a reasonable charge right here in our Seattle factory where your bag was made. Defects in materials or workmanship are uncommon and almost always evident while the product is still new. Keep in mind that bags and packs are often subject to extreme wear in everyday use: do not expect them to last forever. Only true love lasts forever! You can expect a TOM BIHN product to give years and years of hard service.