The Small Café Bag is designed to help you carry and organize your everyday gear. Wear it cross-body or over the shoulder.
The main, open-top compartment and front, zippered pocket of the Small Café Bag are covered by a distinctive asymmetrical flap that closes with an offset Duraflex® Warrior buckle. The zippered pocket, which has one O-ring, spans the width of the bag. It's ideal for securing your wallet, checkbook, or other small items. It closes with a #8 YKK zipper. The back of the Small Café Bag has a slanted, open-top pocket. It's ideal — easy storage, quick access — for anything that's relatively flat.
Inside the main compartment of the Small Café Bag, you'll find four organizer pockets. One of the pockets is sized for your iPhone or a small wallet and three are sized for pens. There's room for a couple of hardbacks in this main compartment.
The main compartment has two O-rings, with an 8" Key Strap attached to one. (Additional and extended-length Black or Color Key Straps can be purchased separately.) The Key Strap is useful for keeping track of your keys (many folks leave their keys attached to the Key Strap) and can also be used to clip a pocket watch or Swiss Army knife to the bag.
The Small Café Bag rides on your shoulder with a 1-1/2" shoulder strap made of high quality U.S. webbing produced specifically for us. It features a low-profile shoulder pad with a grippy underside. On the top back of the bag is a webbing grab handle. Small, unobtrusive webbing loops on the right and left of the bag allow you to add an optional removable waist strap to the Small Café Bag, to stabilize the bag against your body while you're riding a bike.
Think the Small Café Bag is too small for you? You're in luck! The Café Bag is also available in size Medium. And if you're wondering which size is "the one", here's our guide to choosing the right size of Cafe bag.
Sewn in Seattle
Our bags are designed and sewn right here in Seattle, Washington, U.S.A.
That allows us to be control freaks in the best way possible; we have direct control and oversight of the quality of our materials, our products, and the jobs and working environment that we help create. It also offers us a unique spontaneity: when we have an idea for a new product or accessory, we can design it, figure out how to build it, add it to our website and be ready to ship it out our front door all within just a few weeks. How cool is that?
Intrigued? You can find out more about the unusual way we do business on our Company Philosophy page.
THE BIHN Guarantee
Everything you buy from us here at TOM BIHN is satisfaction guaranteed. We’ve been in business since 1972 and we stand behind what we make.
If something goes wrong and it's our fault, we'll fix it for free. Repairs due to normal wear and tear or due to other things that are not our fault will be performed, when possible, at a reasonable charge right here in our Seattle factory where your bag was made. Defects in materials or workmanship are uncommon and almost always evident while the product is still new. Keep in mind that bags and packs are often subject to extreme wear in everyday use: do not expect them to last forever. Only true love lasts forever! You can expect a TOM BIHN product to give years and years of hard service.
- Ruth D.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Craftsmanship, Durable8 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Craftsmanship, DurableRated 5 starsSmall Cafe Bag
Worked well for a recent 10-day international trip. My only modification was to remove the shoulder strap's grippy pad - it was a bit heavy, and really not needed for this small bag. Sadly the only way to remove it was to cut it off. I really liked the key strap which I used to hook to a small zippered pouch I used to hold my passport, cash, and credit cards, and the other ring which I used to clip on another pouch that held my earbuds. I could access both items without separating them from the bag which added some security. The bag ended up covered in sea salt but it washed up well after I got home.
- Sara M.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Comfortable, Compact6 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Comfortable, CompactRated 5 starsPerfect size!
I really like this little bag - even when I have it loaded down heavy it doesn't feel heavy on my shoulder, and it has exactly the right amount of organization. I don't like TOO much organization and this is just right.
- Beth F.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Comfortable, High Quality Craftsmanship, Sewn in USA, Compact, Durable3 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Comfortable, High Quality Craftsmanship, Sewn in USA, Compact, DurableRated 5 starsMy new fav satchel
My teenager and I needed a satchel for an upcoming trip. I needed something that would be durable, practical and keep masks, wipes, and all the rest readily available. The small cafe bag was PERFECT!!
Now we take it with us when hiking with our dogs, to kick around town, and the teen uses it as an overnight carry.
- Kim A.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts High Quality Craftsmanship, Made in USA, Good Storage Size8 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts High Quality Craftsmanship, Made in USA, Good Storage SizeRated 5 starsWell made little bag
Very handy little bag, great way to organize painting supplies for sketching outdoors.
- Lauren S.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Comfortable, High Quality Craftsmanship, Good Storage Size, Versatile8 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Comfortable, High Quality Craftsmanship, Good Storage Size, VersatileRated 5 starsWonderful
Excellent quality materials and construction. I've always had small bags, not wanting a big purse. This is the prefect medium-size. Easily fits my tiny wallet, iPhone, and mask. I can also stuff in a hat and/or gloves, 3 pairs of sunglasses, a bar, lip gloss, etc.