The Ultrasuede® Shoulder Strap Wrap is designed as an optional accessory for our Small and Medium Café Bags or any bag with a 1-1/2" webbing shoulder strap. Our two smaller sizes of Café Bag come with an unpadded strap. Some customers found this strap not cushy enough and they requested a softer, cushier shoulder strap pad. Our Ultrasuede® Shoulder Strap Wrap is a sophisticated response to this simple request. It's made of ultrasoft Ultrasuede® laminated to soft Ensolite foam. The Ultrasuede® Shoulder Strap Wrap wraps around the shoulder strap and attaches back on itself with hook and loop and snaps: it's easy to add it "after market," as they say. The Ensolite foam provides a tacky surface to keep the webbing from slipping so the pad stays where you put it (the foam is not exposed except to the strap webbing).
|How to install the Ultrasuede® Shoulder Strap Wrap
Ensure the strap is 1-1/2" or 38 / 40 mm webbing — the Ultrasuede® Shoulder Strap Wrap (USSW) won't work on 2" straps. To install the USSW on your Café Bag or similar bag:
Slide the existing pad out of the way to one end of the strap or the other (if one exists). Simply wrap the USSW around the strap in the center of the length of the strap, fastening the hook and loop and the snaps at either end of the pad. Make sure the snaps end up on the top of the strap so the underside is free of anything that might not feel so good against your shoulder. The pad will mold to both your strap and your shoulder over time, but it should feel comfortable right away.
- RyanVerified BuyerBought For Myself1 year agoBought For MyselfRated 4 out of 5 starsGreat Pad for the Price
At $13 it's attractive, comfortable, and keeps a low profile. That said, after a year of hard daily use with the Pilot bag, its padding has declined significantly and some of the foam is flaking off. The pad's description recommends it for use with smaller cafe bags - and I imagine for that use it's great. If you're looking for a heavy-duty, work-horse pad, stick with the less-attractive Absolute Strap.
- Darren J.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Comfortable, Sewn in USA, High Quality Craftsmanship, High Quality Finishings10 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Comfortable, Sewn in USA, High Quality Craftsmanship, High Quality FinishingsRated 5 out of 5 starsElevates Crossbody Carry
The fabric feels great, looks really nice. It gives an upmarket touch to whichever bag it’s supporting. It stays in place very well. Comfortable padding. My favorite elements? The hook and loop fastener combined with two snaps customized with Tom Bihn branding. The hook and loop strip secures the wrap to the shoulder strap and the two snaps look amazing.
- Ricca Lauren C.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Craftsmanship, Durable, Unique, High Quality Finishings1 year agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Craftsmanship, Durable, Unique, High Quality FinishingsRated 5 out of 5 starsTom Bihn goodness in all the details
The shoulder strap is for the medium cafe bag that I ordered some months earlier. I have been using the small cafe bag for the past six years and it has become a trusted traveling companion -- whether out an about on any given day, or to far flung destinations. The medium cafe bag is my other go-to carry my life and all the myriad details with a little more comfort and space. Tom Bihn makes doing life and living better, more efficient, consistent and stylish too. Style is always a good detail to embellish any endeavor when possible.
- MIchelle F.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Comfortable, Easily Adjustable11 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Comfortable, Easily AdjustableRated 5 out of 5 starsComfort!
Haven’t actually used it yet, but I have an older Medium Cafe bag I plan to use this for. Easy on, easy off and more comfortable than the other shoulder strap piece.
- Mark E.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Comfortable, High Quality Craftsmanship, Sewn in USA1 year agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Comfortable, High Quality Craftsmanship, Sewn in USARated 5 out of 5 starsGreat strap pad!
This is a must for the medium cafe bag!
Sewn in Seattle
Our bags are designed and sewn right here in Seattle, Washington, U.S.A.
That allows us to be control freaks in the best way possible; we have direct control and oversight of the quality of our materials, our products, and the jobs and working environment that we help create. It also offers us a unique spontaneity: when we have an idea for a new product or accessory, we can design it, figure out how to build it, add it to our website and be ready to ship it out our front door all within just a few weeks. How cool is that?
Intrigued? You can find out more about the unusual way we do business on our Company Philosophy page.
THE BIHN Guarantee
Everything you buy from us here at TOM BIHN is satisfaction guaranteed. We’ve been in business since 1972 and we stand behind what we make.
If something goes wrong and it's our fault, we'll fix it for free. Repairs due to normal wear and tear or due to other things that are not our fault will be performed, when possible, at a reasonable charge right here in our Seattle factory where your bag was made. Defects in materials or workmanship are uncommon and almost always evident while the product is still new. Keep in mind that bags and packs are often subject to extreme wear in everyday use: do not expect them to last forever. Only true love lasts forever! You can expect a TOM BIHN product to give years and years of hard service.