The Ultrasuede® Shoulder Strap Wrap is designed as an optional accessory for our Small and Medium Café Bags or any bag with a 1-1/2" webbing shoulder strap. Our two smaller sizes of Café Bag come standard with a small, low-profile, molded plastic pad with a grippy underside. Some customers found this plastic pad not cushy enough and the plastic uncomfortable on bare summer shoulders, and they requested a softer, cushier shoulder strap pad. Our Ultrasuede® Shoulder Strap Wrap is a sophisticated response to this simple request. It's made of ultrasoft Ultrasuede® laminated to soft Ensolite foam. The Ultrasuede® Shoulder Strap Wrap wraps around the shoulder strap and attaches back on itself with hook and loop and snaps: it's easy to add it "after market," as they say. The Ensolite foam provides a tacky surface to keep the webbing from slipping so the pad stays where you put it (the foam is not exposed except to the strap webbing).
- Ricca Lauren C.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Craftsmanship, Durable, Unique, High Quality Finishings6 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Craftsmanship, Durable, Unique, High Quality FinishingsRated 5 out of 5 starsTom Bihn goodness in all the details
The shoulder strap is for the medium cafe bag that I ordered some months earlier. I have been using the small cafe bag for the past six years and it has become a trusted traveling companion -- whether out an about on any given day, or to far flung destinations. The medium cafe bag is my other go-to carry my life and all the myriad details with a little more comfort and space. Tom Bihn makes doing life and living better, more efficient, consistent and stylish too. Style is always a good detail to embellish any endeavor when possible.
- Darren J.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Comfortable, Sewn in USA, High Quality Craftsmanship, High Quality Finishings22 minutes agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Comfortable, Sewn in USA, High Quality Craftsmanship, High Quality FinishingsRated 5 out of 5 starsElevates Crossbody Carry
The fabric feels great, looks really nice. It gives an upmarket touch to whichever bag it’s supporting. It stays in place very well. Comfortable padding. My favorite elements? The hook and loop fastener combined with two snaps customized with Tom Bihn branding. The hook and loop strip secures the wrap to the shoulder strap and the two snaps look amazing.
- Bradford L.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Sewn in USA, Comfortable, High Quality Finishings, High Quality Craftsmanship6 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Sewn in USA, Comfortable, High Quality Finishings, High Quality CraftsmanshipRated 5 out of 5 starsJust what I needed
I had been looking for a shoulder pad to add to my Uke case and this does the job very well. It's priced very competitively for the quality of stitching and materials. I only wish there were some 2" versions for my fiddle! It fits my sidekick bag strap well too of course, but it was overkill for my use case there.
- Andrew A.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Comfortable, Thoughtful Design, High Quality Craftsmanship, Sewn in USA3 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Comfortable, Thoughtful Design, High Quality Craftsmanship, Sewn in USARated 5 out of 5 starsbetter than the spiky thing
I cut out the stock rubber/plastic shoulder grip (very uncomfortable). this is orders of magnitude improvement in function and comfort.
- MIchelle F.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Comfortable, Easily Adjustable1 month agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Comfortable, Easily AdjustableRated 5 out of 5 starsComfort!
Haven’t actually used it yet, but I have an older Medium Cafe bag I plan to use this for. Easy on, easy off and more comfortable than the other shoulder strap piece.
Sewn in Seattle
Our bags are designed and sewn right here in Seattle, Washington, U.S.A.
That allows us to be control freaks in the best way possible; we have direct control and oversight of the quality of our materials, our products, and the jobs and working environment that we help create. It also offers us a unique spontaneity: when we have an idea for a new product or accessory, we can design it, figure out how to build it, add it to our website and be ready to ship it out our front door all within just a few weeks. How cool is that?
Intrigued? You can find out more about the unusual way we do business on our Company Philosophy page.
THE BIHN Guarantee
Everything you buy from us here at TOM BIHN is satisfaction guaranteed. We’ve been in business since 1972 and we stand behind what we make.
If something goes wrong and it's our fault, we'll fix it for free. Repairs due to normal wear and tear or due to other things that are not our fault will be performed, when possible, at a reasonable charge right here in our Seattle factory where your bag was made. Defects in materials or workmanship are uncommon and almost always evident while the product is still new. Keep in mind that bags and packs are often subject to extreme wear in everyday use: do not expect them to last forever. Only true love lasts forever! You can expect a TOM BIHN product to give years and years of hard service.