A clever riff on our usual Organizer Pouch; has depth to fit bulkier items.
One day, Kieu (our Bartack Operator — see her work) surprised June and Darcy with two of these small pouches. Its shape is reminiscent of the Kit, a retired design, but the Q-Kit is much smaller. June and Darcy liked their Q-Kits so much that they thought we should make more and let you guys give 'em a try. Clever and awesome (just like Kieu!), the Q-Kit is great for keeping track of very small stuff: coins, keys, phone adapters, as well as charms, hair things, and gewgaws of all kinds.
Just like our Organizer Pouches, the Q-Kit has a small-but-tough plastic snaphook, which allows you to attach it to any of the O-rings inside our travel bags, backpacks, briefcases, shoulder bags, laptop bags, and knitting bags. We know as well as you do that some folks are going to snap it on to their keyring, and we're OK with that. If you have a non-TOM BIHN bag, that's ok — you'll likely find another use for the little plastic snaphook on the pouch, or you can break it off.
The Q-Kit zips with a #3 YKK coil zipper with a plastic slider, which is less likely to damage sensitive electronic gizmos.
Sewn in Seattle
Our bags are designed and sewn right here in Seattle, Washington, U.S.A.
That allows us to be control freaks in the best way possible; we have direct control and oversight of the quality of our materials, our products, and the jobs and working environment that we help create. It also offers us a unique spontaneity: when we have an idea for a new product or accessory, we can design it, figure out how to build it, add it to our website and be ready to ship it out our front door all within just a few weeks. How cool is that?
Intrigued? You can find out more about the unusual way we do business on our Company Philosophy page.
THE BIHN Guarantee
Everything you buy from us here at TOM BIHN is satisfaction guaranteed. We’ve been in business since 1972 and we stand behind what we make.
If something goes wrong and it's our fault, we'll fix it for free. Repairs due to normal wear and tear or due to other things that are not our fault will be performed, when possible, at a reasonable charge right here in our Seattle factory where your bag was made. Defects in materials or workmanship are uncommon and almost always evident while the product is still new. Keep in mind that bags and packs are often subject to extreme wear in everyday use: do not expect them to last forever. Only true love lasts forever! You can expect a TOM BIHN product to give years and years of hard service.
- Alex F.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts High Quality Craftsmanship, Good Storage Size, Thoughtful Design3 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts High Quality Craftsmanship, Good Storage Size, Thoughtful DesignRated 5 starsBetter than expected!
I knew the Q-Kit's look & feel would be top-notch like my other Tom Bihn bags, but I've been pleasantly surprised by its utility, too! What I love most is the flat-bottom shape which stands upright on its own and makes it easy to find tiny items inside, even when it's nearly full.
I use my small Q-Kit to carry things like nail clippers, floss, earplugs, bandaids, and wet wipes—stuff I like to have with me anytime I'm carrying a larger bag—and just toss it in whatever backpack or bag I'm using at the time. The fact that it clips into the O-rings on other Tom Bihn bags is convenient, but it's a great size for stuffing into smaller pockets/pouches in other bags, too.
The Q-Kit definitely started me on the road to becoming a "pouches" person :)
- Diane H.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Good Storage Size, Durable, High Quality Craftsmanship4 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Good Storage Size, Durable, High Quality CraftsmanshipRated 5 starsNotions Bag
I bought this to go inside my Swift Knitting Bag. It’s the perfect size to hold my knitting notions and the flat bottom allows for easy access.
- Ryan D.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Compact, Good Storage Size, Versatile, High Quality Craftsmanship3 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Compact, Good Storage Size, Versatile, High Quality CraftsmanshipRated 5 starsI've completely bought into the Tom Bihn ecosystem.
Tom Bihn obviously puts a ton of thought into each of their bags, but what is less obvious, at least at first glance, is the thought that they put into their entire bag ecosystem. All of the organization pouches, straps, and o-rings you can buy give almost limitless possibilities for modifying your pack or bag, especially how you need it. The Q-Kit epitomizes all of this extra thought and effort. I use one in my Snake Charmer to organize all of my little cables and adapters so that I can keep the main compartment clean and organized. It's a perfect size and fits into the Snake Charmer like they were meant for each other.
- David N.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Craftsmanship, Compact, Good Storage Size, Durable6 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Craftsmanship, Compact, Good Storage Size, DurableRated 5 starsHandy pouch.
Great size for odd shapes or a few essentials that don’t fit elsewhere. Keeps them secure when attached to a strap or o-ring .
- Michelle H.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts High Quality Finishings, Compact, Good Storage Size5 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts High Quality Finishings, Compact, Good Storage SizeRated 5 starsGreat Little Bag
Love the Q-Kit for keeping little things organized. It has a nice wide opening so it is very easy to find things inside.