The Medium is the original size of Cafe Bag, one of our most enduring designs. It is designed to help you carry and organize your everyday gear. Wear it cross-body or over the shoulder.
The main, open-top compartment and front, zippered pocket of the Medium Café Bag are covered by an asymmetrical flap that closes with our distinctive offset Duraflex® Warrior buckle. The zippered pocket, which has one O-ring, spans the width of the bag. It's ideal for securing your wallet, checkbook, or other small items. It closes with a #8 YKK zipper. The back of the Medium Café Bag has a slanted, open-top pocket. It's great for storing papers, files, a magazine, or a newspaper.
Inside the main compartment of the Medium Café Bag, you'll find four organizer pockets. Two of the pockets are sized for your cell phone/iPod or a small wallet, and two are sized for pens. The main compartment also has three O-rings, with an 8" Key Strap attached to one. (Additional and extended-length Black and Color Key Straps can be purchased separately.) The Key Strap is useful for keeping track of your keys (many folks leave their keys attached to the Key Strap).
The Medium Café Bag rides on your shoulder with a 1-1/2" shoulder strap made of high quality nylon webbing. It features a low-profile shoulder pad with a grippy underside.
The Medium Café Bag can also be carried by a webbing handle that is on the top/back of the bag. Available as an optional accessory is a removable waist strap so you can wear the Medium Café Bag bike-messenger style.
Think the Medium Café Bag is too big? You're in luck! The Café Bag is also available in size Small. And if you're wondering which size is "the one", here's our guide to choosing the right size of Cafe Bag.
- Jaimie C.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Made in USA, High Quality Finishings, Good Storage Size, Unique11 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Made in USA, High Quality Finishings, Good Storage Size, UniqueRated 5 out of 5 starsUrban Sketchers Dream Bag
Wow! This is an absolute dream bag for all of my sketching gear. My sketchbook, iPad Pro and all of my pencils, pens, paint…..everything fits in this bag! I paired mine with the Freudian slip, clear pouch and a small cubelet. I feel so organized while I’m sketching
- Brandon M.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Sewn in USA, High Quality Finishings, High Quality Craftsmanship, Thoughtful Design9 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Sewn in USA, High Quality Finishings, High Quality Craftsmanship, Thoughtful DesignRated 5 out of 5 starsI love this bag!
I am in love with this bag. It’s made of high quality materials and is the perfect size for my EDC. I also love the color I chose, logic blue.
- SEAN B.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Good Storage Size, Compact, Versatile1 month agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Good Storage Size, Compact, VersatileRated 4 out of 5 starsGreat bag, but the strap...
- Fits my 12.3" tablet, even with the cache. Its stored in "landscape" mode, which works out for me as I can open the cache and charge the tablet without having to fully remove it. Good for a more minimalist EDC.
- The interior "well" is wide enough (about 3") for a small water bottle or tumbler. Its hard to keep it upright because of the soft material, but depending on how you carry across your body, you can use the internal "eyes" to hook onto it somehow.
- Interior pockets are good size. Good to keep a charger, cable, a mouse, and maybe a snack.
- Exterior pockets can keep a steno-sized notebook, or a "large" Moleskine 8x5s.
- The strap. Its sewn onto the bag on one side and the the other side is looped through the buckle. In this configuration, you cannot extend or replace the strap without somehow cutting a stich somewhere. If there were strap "eyes" like the Maker's Bag where you could clip on a strap, it would be perfect.
- Elizabeth C.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts High Quality Craftsmanship, Sewn in USA, High Quality Finishings, Durable, Versatile3 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts High Quality Craftsmanship, Sewn in USA, High Quality Finishings, Durable, VersatileRated 5 out of 5 starsLove my Cafe Bag!
I bought this medium Cafe Bag to use as a small project knitting bag. My small Cafe Bag is too small to use as a project bag. Love it! It's roomy and sturdy and the color is gorgeous!
- Linda W.Verified BuyerBought For Myself2 months agoBought For MyselfRated 5 out of 5 starsPerfect for the gigging musician
The Medium Cafe Bag works perfectly for carrying my 12" iPad (with downloaded music scores), electronic page turner, plus wallet/etc. Thank you!
Sewn in Seattle
Our bags are designed and sewn right here in Seattle, Washington, U.S.A.
That allows us to be control freaks in the best way possible; we have direct control and oversight of the quality of our materials, our products, and the jobs and working environment that we help create. It also offers us a unique spontaneity: when we have an idea for a new product or accessory, we can design it, figure out how to build it, add it to our website and be ready to ship it out our front door all within just a few weeks. How cool is that?
Intrigued? You can find out more about the unusual way we do business on our Company Philosophy page.
THE BIHN Guarantee
Everything you buy from us here at TOM BIHN is satisfaction guaranteed. We’ve been in business since 1972 and we stand behind what we make.
If something goes wrong and it's our fault, we'll fix it for free. Repairs due to normal wear and tear or due to other things that are not our fault will be performed, when possible, at a reasonable charge right here in our Seattle factory where your bag was made. Defects in materials or workmanship are uncommon and almost always evident while the product is still new. Keep in mind that bags and packs are often subject to extreme wear in everyday use: do not expect them to last forever. Only true love lasts forever! You can expect a TOM BIHN product to give years and years of hard service.