Secure your keys to your bag; or, tether Organizer Pouches or other accessories.
A Key Strap is a strip of webbing with plastic snaphooks or a plastic snaphook and O-ring at each end. An 8” Key Strap in Black is included in most of our larger bags. That was, for many, the gateway to a world of organization via Key Straps and Organizer Pouches. All the members of the Key Strap family are intended to make locating things in your bag easier and more instinctive. Pulling out a small item or pouch tethered to a strap is easier than rooting around aimlessly in the depths of your pack; you can also rest assured that anything hooked to a strap is much less likely to fall out or otherwise be left behind. A variety of Key Straps with different attachments and in different colors can become an irreplaceable part of your travel or everyday carry kit. And oh yeah—they're still a great way to keep track of your keys.
Key Strap, Snaphook/Snaphook
One end of the Key Strap clips to an O-ring and the other clips to your keys, pocket watch, knife, multiuse tool, pedometer, or work or school ID. Using a Key Strap to keep track of these small items ensures you won't waste your valuable time reaching down to — and digging around in — the bottom of your bag to find them. Instead, simply reach in, and give the Key Strap a tug to retrieve your item. Cool thing to do with the Key Strap, Snaphooks: clip our 3D Clear Organizer Cube to the Key Strap, creating a TSA 3-1-1 liquids bag on a tether — ensuring that, though you've removed the 3D Clear Organizer Cube from your bag, it remains attached so you won't lose the Cube when going through the airport security line.
Key Strap, Snaphook/O-Ring
A small variation on our classic Key Strap, which has snaphooks on both ends. The Key Strap, Snaphook/O-Ring has—you guessed it—a snaphook on one end and an O-ring on the other. It’s something you’ve long asked for and we’ve finally made it real. Its obvious use is as an extension to tether Organizer Pouches to your bag, but there are many other possibilities for this handy strap. For instance, you can attach several Organizer Pouches to the O-ring end, making it easy to locate related sets of items. You can daisy chain a few straps together to create one that's as long as you need, without adding extra bulk. And of course, the O-ring provides a handy loop to attach non-TOM BIHN accessories or tools to a fixed point in your bag. You've probably come up with a number of other ways to use it in the time you've read this paragraph.
Key Straps are available in a variety of colors. Key Straps in colors are a great way to use color coding as an organizational technique; e.g., always attach your keys to your Key Strap in Coyote and you'll know exactly which Key Strap to yank on to retrieve them. If you choose a bag with a more muted interior lining, like Steel, bright Key Straps in Iberian and Wasabi will be more visible.
Sewn in Seattle
Our bags are designed and sewn right here in Seattle, Washington, U.S.A.
That allows us to be control freaks in the best way possible; we have direct control and oversight of the quality of our materials, our products, and the jobs and working environment that we help create. It also offers us a unique spontaneity: when we have an idea for a new product or accessory, we can design it, figure out how to build it, add it to our website and be ready to ship it out our front door all within just a few weeks. How cool is that?
Intrigued? You can find out more about the unusual way we do business on our Company Philosophy page.
THE BIHN Guarantee
Everything you buy from us here at TOM BIHN is satisfaction guaranteed. We’ve been in business since 1972 and we stand behind what we make.
If something goes wrong and it's our fault, we'll fix it for free. Repairs due to normal wear and tear or due to other things that are not our fault will be performed, when possible, at a reasonable charge right here in our Seattle factory where your bag was made. Defects in materials or workmanship are uncommon and almost always evident while the product is still new. Keep in mind that bags and packs are often subject to extreme wear in everyday use: do not expect them to last forever. Only true love lasts forever! You can expect a TOM BIHN product to give years and years of hard service.
- Leslie S.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Versatile8 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts VersatileRated 5 starsCane Hack
The wrist strap on my brand new cane broke. Luckily, I was carrying an abundance of key straps. Voila!
- Nathan K.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Sewn in USA, High Quality Craftsmanship, Versatile3 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Sewn in USA, High Quality Craftsmanship, VersatileRated 5 starsWonderful
- Laurel B.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Craftsmanship, Sewn in USA, Durable, High Quality Finishings5 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Craftsmanship, Sewn in USA, Durable, High Quality FinishingsRated 5 starsI have a lot of these!
I like to color code with ghost whale pouches, cubelets, and keys.
- Sally P.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Craftsmanship, Good Storage Size, Compact1 month agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Craftsmanship, Good Storage Size, CompactRated 5 starsWork bwell with my Tom Bihn bag and makes retrieving things much easier
They make life easier
- Ryan D.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Versatile3 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, VersatileRated 5 starsNever lose my wallet again
Keeps me from losing things at the airport, but long enough that I don't have to struggle to use my wallet or passport keeper.