From the less-is-more school: a minimalist briefcase for those who desire a classic, ultralight, and utilitarian briefcase.
- 4 compartments: 2 front exterior pockets, 1 back pocket, and 1 main compartment
- Large enough to fit most 13" laptops
- Sewn-on loops to attach an optional Cache to protect your laptop
- Packs flat and easily rollable for stowing inside larger travel bags
- 6 O-rings to hook on optional pouches and accessories
Sturdy, minimalist webbing handles meet at the top of this bag, making it easy to hand carry. In addition, d-ring attachment points make it easy to sling over your shoulder with the included Simple Shoulder Strap.
A slanted pocket sized to fit a small (~7") tablet or a large phone, deep enough to accomodate a Cache if wanted. Above that, a larger zippered pocket that spans the width of the bag, divided down the middle, and big enough to hold a paperback, kindle, power supply, or a pen pouch. Two o-rings live in each of the front pockets.
This pocket is well sized for files, a magazine, or even a rain shell or light jacket.
Inside is an open-top pocket with an elastic top, great for holding bulkier items without the pocket bellowing out. Loops for our Cache laptop sleeve are just inside this pocket, accomodating up to a 13A Cache. 4 o-rings are speckled throughout.
Choosing an Exterior Fabric
You like choices and we like to give you choices! That's why the Daylight Briefcase is typically available* in two different exterior fabrics. Our Materials Glossary explains each fabric in great detail, but here are some quick facts that may help you decide which to choose. And we're always here if you have questions: email@example.com
- plain weave with 1/4” / 6mm ripstop
- 400 denier type 6 filament nylon (base fabric); 420 denier ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene ripstop grid
- light urethane
- Made In
Choose this fabric if
- You want a lighter weight alternative to traditional nylon fabrics that has remarkable tear strength and good abrasion resistance.
- You're looking for a fabric with a modern, "technical" appearance.
- You have pets: 400d Halcyon doesn't collect pet hair, reducing your monthly lint roller costs.
525d High Tenacity Ballistic Nylon
- 2x2 “ballistic” weave
- 525 denier type 6,6 (high tenacity) filament nylon, twisted
- heavy urethane
- Made In
- South Korea with Canadian Yarn
Choose this fabric if
- You want your bag to be soft and supple yet tough as nails.
- You want a fabric that's stately enough to be at home at work, the mountains, or a nice hotel.
- You don't want your bag to collect pet hair or abrade your clothing.
- CC C.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Comfortable, High Quality Craftsmanship, Sewn in USA, High Quality Finishings1 year agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Comfortable, High Quality Craftsmanship, Sewn in USA, High Quality FinishingsRated 5 out of 5 starsFits a 2021 Macbook Pro 14" Perfectly
Paired with a Cache - 13C (2021 14" Macbook Pro), exactly what I was looking for. The Cache slides easily in and out with the provided strap hardware.
Long horizontal front zippered pocket is big enough for the power supply with the Apply 3-prong 3-foot Power Adapter Extension.
The top zippered vertical pocket is split into two equal sized pockets internally and does a nice job organizing small odds and ends.
- Curt G.2 years agoRated 5 out of 5 starsVersatile of Purpose
I overlooked this bag in TB’s catalog for a long time, but I’m so glad I finally tried it out. It’s the most versatile bag I’ve ever had. It works great as titled, as a briefcase. But it’s also excellent as an all-around, casual daily carry bag. I’ve also occasionally put a camera insert in the main compartment to make a great discreet camera bag...in fact, unlike most dedicated camera bags, this one continues to excel as a daily bag even while carrying a camera. Finally, it’s a marvelous travel bag: it can be squished in a larger bag, or used at your seat on the plane, and as a small secure carry at your destination. One of my favorite parts of this bag are the light but always available handles. Paired with the Synik 30 or the Aeronauts, this bag is a great cross-body companion.
It’s nearly perfect as is...if I were to have one wish, it’s that it had a couple more organization pockets for pens and a thing or two, maybe on the back wall of the main compartment, or inside the back pocket. But not big deal, just a nice-to-have. Either way this will continue to be my go-to bag for just about everything.
- Kathy M.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Durable, High Quality Finishings, Great Gift, Sewn in USA1 year agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Durable, High Quality Finishings, Great Gift, Sewn in USARated 5 out of 5 starsMagic for a carry-on bad
I took this on a plane and with organizers, it held everything I needed including the Amazon Fire in the front pocket. I love it and am so glad I bought it! I will use it everywhere.
- Constantine V.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Compact11 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, CompactRated 5 out of 5 starsGood lightweight bag for airline “personal item” and EDC use
I was looking for something that would easily fit under an airline seat, fit a slightly larger tablet/laptop than a Co-Pilot, and be slimmer and smaller than a Pilot. The Daylight Briefcase fit my requirements nicely. It’s well-made and well-priced, and still has plenty of pockets to help organize things.
- Christina A.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Compact, High Quality Craftsmanship, Sewn in USA1 year agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Compact, High Quality Craftsmanship, Sewn in USARated 4 out of 5 starsFine Piece of Gear
Needs a pencil slot. I get the lightweight design goal, but I think handles padding would be worth it. Otherwise standard Tom Bihn excellent quality!
Sewn in Seattle
Our bags are designed and sewn right here in Seattle, Washington, U.S.A.
That allows us to be control freaks in the best way possible; we have direct control and oversight of the quality of our materials, our products, and the jobs and working environment that we help create. It also offers us a unique spontaneity: when we have an idea for a new product or accessory, we can design it, figure out how to build it, add it to our website and be ready to ship it out our front door all within just a few weeks. How cool is that?
Intrigued? You can find out more about the unusual way we do business on our Company Philosophy page.
THE BIHN Guarantee
Everything you buy from us here at TOM BIHN is satisfaction guaranteed. We’ve been in business since 1972 and we stand behind what we make.
If something goes wrong and it's our fault, we'll fix it for free. Repairs due to normal wear and tear or due to other things that are not our fault will be performed, when possible, at a reasonable charge right here in our Seattle factory where your bag was made. Defects in materials or workmanship are uncommon and almost always evident while the product is still new. Keep in mind that bags and packs are often subject to extreme wear in everyday use: do not expect them to last forever. Only true love lasts forever! You can expect a TOM BIHN product to give years and years of hard service.