The Size 1 Handy Little Thing (HLT) is a sweet clamshell organizer pouch.
- 1 exterior zippered pocket with an included 8" Key Strap
- 2 small interior zippered pockets
- 1 mesh zippered pocket
- 6 O-rings
- 10 interior elastic and webbing loops to retain your cords and tools
- 2 Medium Swivel Double Carabiners clipped to the thumb loops on the exterior
- 4 exterior loops to hook pens/flashlights/tools
- Hidden slot under the mesh zippered pouch through which you can tuck a notebook cover
- Attachment points for a 1" Gatekeeper Waist Belt or 1" Shoulder Strap
The HLT is available in two sizes: Size 1 and Size 2.
The Size 1 Handy Little Thing (HLT) is designed to accessorize your bigger TOM BIHN bag or work on its own. This bag is a dream for the ultra-organized or will be the inspiration you needed to realize your organizing potential.
Here's a little background story: When Nik was designing the Synik, Darcy envisioned creating a new style of ultra organizer pouch that would work with the Synik (but also any of our other bags) and would be useful in a variety of ways and scenarios. And like the Synik, it would clamshell open. Nik thought she must have been joking because he was pretty busy with the Synik 22 and 30. Months later, and after several protoypes and much testing, we can now say that vision has become reality... or rather, a thing.
Use It As A Main Compartment Organizer
On the exterior of the HLT are two Medium Swivel Double Carabiners on the thumb loops. Simply clip the Carabiners on the O-rings inside the main compartment of the Synik.
Once your HLT is clipped in your Synik, you can either leave it zipped shut or zipped open — in the latter case, you'd use it as a sort-of Freudian Slip.
When you need to access items out of that open-top pocket in the Synik, slide the HLT (still connected to the O-rings) up and out of the top of the Synik.
Tuck In The Bottom External Pocket Of The Synik
Carry As A Minimal Waist Pack, Sling, Or Shoulder Bag
Clip To The Seat Pocket On The Airplane
You can also clip the included Swivel Double Carabiners to the back seat pocket on the airplane seat in front of you; this way, your in-flight items — earbuds, snacks, sleeping mask, utility cloth, pen, notebook, cables, wallet, phone — are easily within reach throughout your flights.
Use As A Write-In Notebook Holder Or Work-Out-Of-Tool Pouch
Slide your hand through the webbing handle loop on the back and tuck your thumb in one of the thumb loops and you have a notebook holder that rests securely in one hand* so you can take notes, write, or draw with the other hand. The notebook function works for both left-handed and right-handed people.
The HLT 1 fits smaller notebooks like the doane paper or Field Notes 3-1/2" x 5-1/2" (89 mm x 140 mm) size.
*Since the Size 1 HLT is a small pouch overall, people with larger hands may only be able to get three fingers through the handle, but it will still work as a write-in notebook holder regardless.
Sewn in Seattle
Our bags are designed and sewn right here in Seattle, Washington, U.S.A.
That allows us to be control freaks in the best way possible; we have direct control and oversight of the quality of our materials, our products, and the jobs and working environment that we help create. It also offers us a unique spontaneity: when we have an idea for a new product or accessory, we can design it, figure out how to build it, add it to our website and be ready to ship it out our front door all within just a few weeks. How cool is that?
Intrigued? You can find out more about the unusual way we do business on our Company Philosophy page.
THE BIHN Guarantee
Everything you buy from us here at TOM BIHN is satisfaction guaranteed. We’ve been in business since 1972 and we stand behind what we make.
If something goes wrong and it's our fault, we'll fix it for free. Repairs due to normal wear and tear or due to other things that are not our fault will be performed, when possible, at a reasonable charge right here in our Seattle factory where your bag was made. Defects in materials or workmanship are uncommon and almost always evident while the product is still new. Keep in mind that bags and packs are often subject to extreme wear in everyday use: do not expect them to last forever. Only true love lasts forever! You can expect a TOM BIHN product to give years and years of hard service.
- Ann S.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Craftsmanship, High Quality Finishings, Compact, Good Storage Size6 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Craftsmanship, High Quality Finishings, Compact, Good Storage SizeRated 5 starsHLT for Brain Bag front pocket
After using my Brain Bag for 5 years and just stuffing things in the front pockets, I read on the blog a list of smaller organizers that fit the pockets. (Didn't think to look, so thanks blog!). Bought a Size 1 HLT for one side, it gets filled with personal stuff and doubles as a cross-body. It's got pockets and loops that fit all my pen and stain pen, chap stick, small notebook, and all the little gewgaws. The other side got a First Aid pack for the travel medical stuff. Both fit perfectly and have made the Brain Bag even more useful.
- Megan K.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Good Storage Size, Versatile4 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Good Storage Size, VersatileRated 5 starsGreat cord containment
HLT 1 was the perfect bag to hold all my cords and chargers on my recent trip. The small zippered pockets contained 2 cords each. Larger zip held 2 blocks and 3 more cords. I also had room for my portable charger in the center. Easy to grab from my carry on. Could have stuffed it with more.
- SARA T.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Craftsmanship, Made in USA, Good Storage Size8 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Craftsmanship, Made in USA, Good Storage SizeRated 5 starsLove the name of this
I love this thing. It is amazing for the toiletries I keep in my purse and for when I travel too. It’s just so convenient. I plan on getting the larger size too.
- James J.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Craftsmanship, Made in USA, Good Storage Size, Versatile7 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Craftsmanship, Made in USA, Good Storage Size, VersatileRated 5 starsYou get what you pay for…
It’s a pricey little thing but pure function. Small size makes it very packable and keeps my cables neat and organized.
- Glenn F.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Craftsmanship, Compact, Good Storage Size, Versatile9 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Craftsmanship, Compact, Good Storage Size, VersatileRated 5 starsPerfect Size
Fits perfectly in the lower compartment of my Synik 19 to hold my charger, cables and extra camera batteries.