Just like our other Key Straps but with a rectangular attachment point on one end.
The Utility Strap has an acetal snaphook on one end (designed to clip to the O-rings inside our larger bags) and an acetal rectangular attachment point at the other end. The rectangular attachment point (think of a D ring except square rather than round) is designed to accept items with a belt clip, such as a flashlight, multitool, or knife. We're sure you'll find other uses for it as well.
Sewn in Seattle
Our bags are designed and sewn right here in Seattle, Washington, U.S.A.
That allows us to be control freaks in the best way possible; we have direct control and oversight of the quality of our materials, our products, and the jobs and working environment that we help create. It also offers us a unique spontaneity: when we have an idea for a new product or accessory, we can design it, figure out how to build it, add it to our website and be ready to ship it out our front door all within just a few weeks. How cool is that?
Intrigued? You can find out more about the unusual way we do business on our Company Philosophy page.
THE BIHN Guarantee
Everything you buy from us here at TOM BIHN is satisfaction guaranteed. We’ve been in business since 1972 and we stand behind what we make.
If something goes wrong and it's our fault, we'll fix it for free. Repairs due to normal wear and tear or due to other things that are not our fault will be performed, when possible, at a reasonable charge right here in our Seattle factory where your bag was made. Defects in materials or workmanship are uncommon and almost always evident while the product is still new. Keep in mind that bags and packs are often subject to extreme wear in everyday use: do not expect them to last forever. Only true love lasts forever! You can expect a TOM BIHN product to give years and years of hard service.
- David M.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Craftsmanship, Sewn in USA3 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Craftsmanship, Sewn in USARated 5 starsPerfect as always!
Not much can be said - the Tom Bihn straps are always perfect, exactly what is needed, perfectly and fairly priced, and made in USA. I’m using this to connect a padded Tom Bihn pouch to a backpack.
Minor feedback - the website should do a better job of explaining the differences and different uses for this utility strap and the key straps.Was this helpful?
- David W.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Made in USA, High Quality Craftsmanship, Durable, Versatile5 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Made in USA, High Quality Craftsmanship, Durable, VersatileRated 5 starsSoap on a Rope maybe
Great as are all the straps. Using this for my edc flashlight, easy to grab the strap and pull it up from wherever it may have landed after I didn't clip it last time. The length is perfect for the light to shine anywhere in my pack or even to use the light (and NOT lose it) while still wearing the pack.Was this helpful?
- Diane N.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Craftsmanship, Sewn in USA, Durable, Versatile2 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Craftsmanship, Sewn in USA, Durable, VersatileRated 5 starsBudget Key Straps
These work just as well as the key straps with snap hook and o-ring attachments for most things, and additionally provide the option of hooking to a clip. I don’t have any items with a clip, so cannot comment about that functionality. But they’ve been useful for so many other things. They accept one or even two of the smallest swivel carabiners. There are two sizes to choose from. The only negative for me is that they don’t come in all of the lovely colors that the regular key straps come in. But consider that you can get five of these while you can get two of the regular ones for $10.00. I like to use them in my non-TB bags that I’ve retrofitted with o-rings. I highly recommend these utility straps.Was this helpful?
- Bob S.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Craftsmanship, Sewn in USA, Unique, Versatile4 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Craftsmanship, Sewn in USA, Unique, VersatileRated 5 starsPerfect for the TSA approved Leatherman
Easy to find and detach for that trip through security and it's always handy when you need it!Was this helpful?
- Christopher C.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design7 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful DesignRated 5 starsGreat addition
Great addition to keystrapsWas this helpful?