It’s been a very exciting year for our team here at TOM BIHN! While we have been fortunate to maintain many good things that make TOM BIHN what it is today, we’re also searching every day to see how we can improve our processes to create a better experience for you! Here's a recap of all the great things we've accomplished in 2022:
We reintroduced a lot of throwback designs…
- January: Yeoman Duffel Pre-order
- Yeoman proved so popular that we had to close the pre-order early because we almost didn't have enough snaps for the bags!
- February: Knitting Goods Pre-order
- The star of the show was the Aubergine / Wasabi Swift
- April: Smart Alec Pre-order
- May: Road Buddy Duffel 36, Road Buddy Duffel 60 Pre-order
- September: Aeronaut (with slightly updated construction)
- November: Field Journal Notebook, Skookum Dog's The Summit Bed, Skookum Dog Bungee leash
We also released a lot of new designs this year!
- January: Le Petit Derriere
- April: Paramour
- June: Bummer
- July: Cambiata
- November: Addax 31, Addax 26, Vertical Packing Cubelet, Mesh Travel Laundry Stuff Sack, and Small Grab Bag
We said goodbye (for now) to a few designs.
We said hello to new colors and fabrics!
- Kicked off January with the all-new Moab 200d Halcyon.
- We restocked Zest in June for the first time in years! Let's just say we were blown away by the excitement. See what zesty goodness is still available.
- Introduced X-Pac RX30 in November!
- Welcomed Acai to the 200d Halcyon color lineup in December
The great 200d Halcyon Shortage of 2022
The great 200d Halcyon shortage of 2021 (thanks to a certain pandemic) extended into 2022.
It's too early to say what the supply chain dynamics will look like in 2023, but we hope to get back to a more regular production and shipping schedule with our supplier. Hopefully, this means no more 8- to 12-month lead times for fabric. As a reminder, our goal has always been to keep some core liner colors available while bringing in a rotating lineup of other choices!
Halcyon colors that are continually available:
Halcyon colors offered this year that you might see again next year, or not, as we make room for new colors
Our policy is to not reveal a new color or material until it’s actually onsite here at the factory. Most of the time, we wait until Production is done making the bags before we publicly announce the color or material. But if you find yourself visiting the Seattle showroom, you may be able to take an early peek. We just ask that you keep the secret.
A Year of Giving Back
- Achieved 100% carbon neutrality through our partnerships with UPS Carbon Neutral Program and BEF
- Donated an est. 300 products to 1% FTP Organizations including:
- Twende Solar
- Blue Endeavors
- Front and Centered
- SEE Turtles
- Earth Corps
- Cascade Bicycle Club
- Donated an est. 6.5k masks to those in need.
- Some other cool organizations we worked with:
Other cool things we did this year:
We’re already excited for 2023 and the bright future ahead! We would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to you – our customers – for helping to make 2022 a successful year. We appreciate your continued support and look forward to continuing to offer products that bring you joy and convenience in the coming year!
Here’s to 2023!