Your choice of clear or fabric bottom + lots of colors keeps your projects organized.
The Yarn Stuff Sack is a drawstring-closure stuff sack made out of our ultratough and ultralight.
Yarn Stuff Sacks are available in two sizes:
Small: 4.9" tall, 4.5" in diameter
Medium: 5.9" tall, 6.3" in diameter
Medium Yarn Stuff Sacks are available in two versions: All Fabric and Clear Bottom. (Small is available in All Fabric only.) The Yarn Stuff Sack in All Fabric is opaque and made entirely out of fabric. The Yarn Stuff Sack in Clear Bottom has a clear plastic urethane bottom that allows you to easily see the contents of the Yarn Stuff Sack.
Inside the Yarn Stuff Sack is an openable triangular yarn guide designed to allow knitters to feed yarn through. On the exterior is a snaphook that allows you to clip the Yarn Stuff Sack to the O-rings inside most other TOM BIHN bags, including the Swift.
Though originally designed for knitters, the Yarn Stuff Sack also makes a great organizational stuff sack — use it for storing a down vest or jacket, or various small accessories. And if you're looking for an organizational stuff sack but don't need the yarn guide or exterior snaphook, check out our Travel Stuff Sack.
- Mary H.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts High Quality Craftsmanship, Good Storage Size, Durable8 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts High Quality Craftsmanship, Good Storage Size, DurableRated 5 starsPerfect for knitters!
I loved my stuff sack and, of course, it is to separate yarn for an upcoming project - keeping one project in the wings helps me complete the current work!
Sorry, but the current Texas heartbreak is interfering with my train of thought. I send my best wishes to parents and family - I can't concentrate on my review at this time. Sorry.
- Anneke G.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Craftsmanship, Versatile9 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Craftsmanship, VersatileRated 5 starsMultipurpose
So far I have used this as a stuff sack within my swift and as a standalone for small projects on the go. I like that I can see what is inside without opening the top. The yarn guide is a handy feature. I’m very pleased!
- Judy O.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Craftsmanship, Sewn in USA, High Quality Finishings, Durable9 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Craftsmanship, Sewn in USA, High Quality Finishings, DurableRated 5 starsPerfect!
Perfect project bag.
- Mabel H.Verified Buyer9 months agoRated 5 starsreasonable system for a difficult time
I understand that it is difficult right now with COVID staffing distancing and supply chain issues for making the bags that it is difficult to keep all the different Tom Bihn bags in stock. The pre-order + ship in-stock items system is a reasonable compromise, where I can preorder the bags I want when you're ready to make a batch then once they get made you can ship those plus any other in stock bags I'd like to also get all in one go. I'm bummed that not all the bags I might want to buy at any one time are always available when I think to look them up but I understand why you had to move to the pre-order system and love that if I manage to get a pre-order in then I definitely can get a bag. Also, getting the email notifications about the preorders means I can get in on the preorder once it's available. Over all, like I said above, a reasonable system for a difficult time.
- Julie D.Verified BuyerBought For GiftProduct Standouts Sewn in USA, High Quality Craftsmanship, Compact, Durable, Unique9 months agoBought For GiftProduct Standouts Sewn in USA, High Quality Craftsmanship, Compact, Durable, UniqueRated 5 starsPerfect for projects
I am a knitter on the go and I have bought these for myself and received them as gifts. I have sooo many but never enough. I love them. The clear bottom helps you see which project you want to work on and the loop for the yarn on the inside is a game changer. I can fit so many into my Swift bag and still have room for teh new yarn that I purchase while shopping. Loveeeeeeeee!!!!
Sewn in Seattle
Our bags are designed and sewn right here in Seattle, Washington, U.S.A.
That allows us to be control freaks in the best way possible; we have direct control and oversight of the quality of our materials, our products, and the jobs and working environment that we help create. It also offers us a unique spontaneity: when we have an idea for a new product or accessory, we can design it, figure out how to build it, add it to our website and be ready to ship it out our front door all within just a few weeks. How cool is that?
Intrigued? You can find out more about the unusual way we do business on our Company Philosophy page.
THE BIHN Guarantee
Everything you buy from us here at TOM BIHN is satisfaction guaranteed. We’ve been in business since 1972 and we stand behind what we make.
If something goes wrong and it's our fault, we'll fix it for free. Repairs due to normal wear and tear or due to other things that are not our fault will be performed, when possible, at a reasonable charge right here in our Seattle factory where your bag was made. Defects in materials or workmanship are uncommon and almost always evident while the product is still new. Keep in mind that bags and packs are often subject to extreme wear in everyday use: do not expect them to last forever. Only true love lasts forever! You can expect a TOM BIHN product to give years and years of hard service.