The Size 1 Handy Little Thing (HLT) is a sweet clamshell organizer pouch.
- 1 exterior zippered pocket with an included 8" Key Strap
- 2 small interior zippered pockets
- 1 mesh zippered pocket
- 6 O-rings
- 10 interior elastic and webbing loops to retain your cords and tools
- 2 Medium Swivel Double Carabiners clipped to the thumb loops on the exterior
- 4 exterior loops to hook pens/flashlights/tools
- Hidden slot under the mesh zippered pouch through which you can tuck a notebook cover
- Attachment points for a 1" Gatekeeper Hip Belt or 1" Shoulder Strap
The HLT is available in two sizes: Size 1 and Size 2.
The Size 1 Handy Little Thing (HLT) is designed to accessorize your bigger TOM BIHN bag or work on its own. This bag is a dream for the ultra-organized or will be the inspiration you needed to realize your organizing potential.
Here's a little background story: When Nik was designing the Synik, Darcy envisioned creating a new style of ultra organizer pouch that would work with the Synik (but also any of our other bags) and would be useful in a variety of ways and scenarios. And like the Synik, it would clamshell open. Nik thought she must have been joking because he was pretty busy with the Synik 22 and 30. Months later, and after several protoypes and much testing, we can now say that vision has become reality... or rather, a thing.
Use It As A Main Compartment Organizer
On the exterior of the HLT are two Medium Swivel Double Carabiners on the thumb loops. Simply clip the Carabiners on the O-rings inside the main compartment of the Synik.
Once your HLT is clipped in your Synik, you can either leave it zipped shut or zipped open — in the latter case, you'd use it as a sort-of Freudian Slip.
When you need to access items out of that open-top pocket in the Synik, slide the HLT (still connected to the O-rings) up and out of the top of the Synik.
Tuck In The Bottom External Pocket Of The Synik
Carry As A Minimal Waist Pack, Sling, Or Shoulder Bag
Clip To The Seat Pocket On The Airplane
You can also clip the included Swivel Double Carabiners to the back seat pocket on the airplane seat in front of you; this way, your in-flight items — earbuds, snacks, sleeping mask, utility cloth, pen, notebook, cables, wallet, phone — are easily within reach throughout your flights.
Use As A Write-In Notebook Holder Or Work-Out-Of-Tool Pouch
Slide your hand through the webbing handle loop on the back and tuck your thumb in one of the thumb loops and you have a notebook holder that rests securely in one hand* so you can take notes, write, or draw with the other hand. The notebook function works for both left-handed and right-handed people.
The HLT 1 fits smaller notebooks like the doane paper or Field Notes 3-1/2" x 5-1/2" (89 mm x 140 mm) size.
*Since the Size 1 HLT is a small pouch overall, people with larger hands may only be able to get three fingers through the handle, but it will still work as a write-in notebook holder regardless.
- Tonya2 years agoRated 4 out of 5 starsLove it but...
I have the HLT size 2 and am about to pull the trigger on an HLT size 1 because I find it such a useful little pouch. It's exactly what the name suggests. However, I wish Bihn had made all the interior loops elastic. Some don't stretch and are fine if you insert something with a clip - like a knife or pen. But if you need any sort of elasticized holding power, these loops are useless. I get why Bihn did this... Molle loops aren't elastic. However, I don't want any Molle attachments inside a tiny minimalist carrier pouch. Instead, I'd prefer something with some gripping power. If Bihn would change this feature and make all the loops elastic, I'd be tempted to buy about 10 of these things for all avenues and areas of my life.
- Julian G.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts High Quality Craftsmanship, Compact, Good Storage Size, Versatile, Unique5 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts High Quality Craftsmanship, Compact, Good Storage Size, Versatile, UniqueRated 4 out of 5 starsSame same but different
Just as wonderful as the larger one but in a more compact size. The only qualm I have is that this one does not have the inside pocket behind the mesh that the larger one has.
- Robert S.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Made in USA, Compact, Versatile, High Quality Craftsmanship1 year agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Made in USA, Compact, Versatile, High Quality CraftsmanshipRated 5 out of 5 starsHandy little electronics organizer
This is a perfect little size for building out my device / electronics kit. I use if for iPhone and iPad chargers, headphones, cables, external drive, and a device stand. Anyplace I go, I can take this with me and be ready for everything.
- Melanie H.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Compact, Unique, Versatile, High Quality Craftsmanship9 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Compact, Unique, Versatile, High Quality CraftsmanshipRated 5 out of 5 starsSpacious, versatile - Amazing organization in a small package
It's surprising how much fits into this bag. Every nook and cranny was clearly carefully thought out to maximize organization and functionality. At first glance it might appear as just another organization pouch, but upon use the subtle design elements really stand out, making this a highly functional and useful addition to your travel and everyday bag collection.
Shown here attached with the included swivel carabiners to a Yeti Camino 35 (similar to how it will hang on an airplane seat back). Color is Fjord in Halcyon fabric, which feels a bit more flexible and forgiving than the ballistic fabric (minimal difference, so I think fabric is mainly a personal preference decision).
- eliza m.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts High Quality Craftsmanship, High Quality Finishings, Compact, Durable1 year agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts High Quality Craftsmanship, High Quality Finishings, Compact, DurableRated 4 out of 5 starsalmost great--
if a bit bigger, i could have stashed
all art materials for flight
love the hooks for hanging from seat pocket
elastics for brushes/pens too loose
pockets just shy of paintbrushlength
as a collagist, i carry a small vessel of matte medium & would like a spot to hold it still
instead of tucking it inside, vulnerable to falling out
Sewn in Seattle
Our bags are designed and sewn right here in Seattle, Washington, U.S.A.
That allows us to be control freaks in the best way possible; we have direct control and oversight of the quality of our materials, our products, and the jobs and working environment that we help create. It also offers us a unique spontaneity: when we have an idea for a new product or accessory, we can design it, figure out how to build it, add it to our website and be ready to ship it out our front door all within just a few weeks. How cool is that?
Intrigued? You can find out more about the unusual way we do business on our Company Philosophy page.
THE BIHN Guarantee
Everything you buy from us here at TOM BIHN is satisfaction guaranteed. We’ve been in business since 1972 and we stand behind what we make.
If something goes wrong and it's our fault, we'll fix it for free. Repairs due to normal wear and tear or due to other things that are not our fault will be performed, when possible, at a reasonable charge right here in our Seattle factory where your bag was made. Defects in materials or workmanship are uncommon and almost always evident while the product is still new. Keep in mind that bags and packs are often subject to extreme wear in everyday use: do not expect them to last forever. Only true love lasts forever! You can expect a TOM BIHN product to give years and years of hard service.