Slam your Ristretto male buckle in the car door? Lose the Gatekeeper clips for your Cadet? Need an extra set of Annex Clips for a second Brain Cell? Misplace your Aeronaut sternum strap? Or maybe you simply want extra parts (inspiration here and here; if you're going to do something DIY with them, be sure to share the results with us). On this page, you can order replacement or additional parts or components. If there's a part you need that isn't listed in the drop-down selection menu to the right, let us know, and if it's something we can offer, we'll add it as an option.
Here's a general guide to which parts go where:
- 1" Male Side-release Buckle: lower half of the front flap closure, Small Café; male half of 1" waist strap closure; Brain Bag side compression straps
- 1-1/2" Male Side-release Buckle: lower half of the front flap closure, Medium/Large Café; Maker's Bag; and all Ristretti; male half of 1-1/2" waist strap closure
- 2" Male Side-release Buckle: lower half of the front flap closure on the Empire Builder, ID, Ego, Super Ego, Imago
- 1-1/2" Metal Snaphook: as we use on our Absolute Shoulder Strap
- 1" Hydration Clip: attaches to the sternum strap rails on most of our packs, letting you keep your hydration bladder's hose handy
- 1" Annex Clips: to attach a Brain Cell inside various bags
- Sternum Strap Assembly: to replace the sternum strap assembly on any of our backpacks and convertible travel bags; works with many other brands as well
- 3/4" Side-release Buckle, dual-adjust, complete: as used on our sternum straps
- 1" Side-release Buckle, dual-adjust, complete: as used on our 1" waist belts
- 1-1/2" Side-release Buckle, dual-adjust, complete: as used on our 1-1/2" waist belts
- 2" Side-release Buckle, dual-adjust, complete: as used on our 2" waist belts
- 1" Single Gatekeeper: as previously used on our Checkpoint Flyer
- 1" Double Gatekeeper: as used on our 1" waist belts and too many other products to name
- 1.5" Double Gatekeeper: as used on our 1.5" waist belts
- 1" Triangle Metal Hook: as used as a yarn guide in the Yarn Stuff Sacks
- 1-1/2" Triangle Metal Hook: as used on the front of the Brain Bag
- 1 1/2" Tri-Glides (pair): Adjustment part
- 1 1/2" Tri-Glides (pair): Adjustment part used on the Absolute and Standard Shoulder Straps.
- Gatekeeper Rail Clips (pair) - Comes with the Cache, allowing it to attach to many of our bags
- 1" Waist Belt Extender: 12" extender for waist belts that use the 1" side-release buckle (most prominently, our gatekeeper waist belt)
- 1-1/2" Waist Belt Extender: 12" extender for waist belts that use the 1-1/2" side-release buckle (most prominently, our Le Grande Derriere and Brain Bag hip belt)
- Anna P.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Craftsmanship, Durable, Unique, Versatile1 year agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Craftsmanship, Durable, Unique, VersatileRated 5 out of 5 starsThey're parts
I really appreciate that TB allows customers to buy parts so that they can hack they own bags. Thanks TB!
- John N.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Sewn in USA, High Quality Finishings1 year agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Sewn in USA, High Quality FinishingsRated 5 out of 5 starsGreat support to their products!
You gotta love a company that supports their products! I have a bag that has to be over 15 years old, and Tom Bihn was able to replace the buckle I broke while traveling. Kat in customer service had a replacement to me in less than a week.
- Derrick B.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts High Quality Craftsmanship1 year agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts High Quality CraftsmanshipRated 5 out of 5 stars1-1/2" Waist Belt Extender used for Le Grande Derriere
I'm a big dude, and wearing the LGD across my back just kind of ended up feeling like a really weak person was trying to choke me all day. It literally gave me a headache from pressure on the side of my neck. So I ordered the extension strap pretty quickly, and it was 100% worth it. The LGD is my favorite Tom Bihn product so far (I've got five different bags from them at this point, and I love them all), and this strap made that possible.
I'm sure this thing is useful in other situations, but if you're a person with broad shoulders and a big chest (I'm 6'2" 275lbs), and you want to the wear the LGD across your back, this strap is necessary and great. I always worry about adding extra points of failure to anything, so having an extra buckle that could eventually give out would generally be unappealing. But I know Tom Bihn's commitment to using high quality components, and I know they'll stand behind it if something eventually breaks.
- Paul L.Verified BuyerBought For Myself1 year agoBought For MyselfRated 5 out of 5 starsAnnex clips
I use them to prop up a new cache in old Western Flyers and Tri Stars (with the Annex loops) by clipping them onto the cache straps. This way it keeps the cache from touching the ground.
- Tse Yang L.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts High Quality Craftsmanship10 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts High Quality CraftsmanshipRated 5 out of 5 starsDoes the job
Really appreciate availability of specific replacement parts for any broken bits of your bags. Really helps their lifespan.
Sewn in Seattle
Our bags are designed and sewn right here in Seattle, Washington, U.S.A.
That allows us to be control freaks in the best way possible; we have direct control and oversight of the quality of our materials, our products, and the jobs and working environment that we help create. It also offers us a unique spontaneity: when we have an idea for a new product or accessory, we can design it, figure out how to build it, add it to our website and be ready to ship it out our front door all within just a few weeks. How cool is that?
Intrigued? You can find out more about the unusual way we do business on our Company Philosophy page.
THE BIHN Guarantee
Everything you buy from us here at TOM BIHN is satisfaction guaranteed. We’ve been in business since 1972 and we stand behind what we make.
If something goes wrong and it's our fault, we'll fix it for free. Repairs due to normal wear and tear or due to other things that are not our fault will be performed, when possible, at a reasonable charge right here in our Seattle factory where your bag was made. Defects in materials or workmanship are uncommon and almost always evident while the product is still new. Keep in mind that bags and packs are often subject to extreme wear in everyday use: do not expect them to last forever. Only true love lasts forever! You can expect a TOM BIHN product to give years and years of hard service.