Nik's Minimalist Wallets can only fit the essentials: a few credit cards and folded cash bills, driver's license, and health insurance and library cards. The simple and slim design leaves no extra room for the unnecessary receipts, meaning that these wallets will slide into your pockets with ease.
Each wallet includes two interior pockets and an elastic band to keep it shut. It's also reversible so that the inner pockets can be on the outside.
These wallets are for you if:
- You want something minimalist
- You appreciate clean design and look
- You only want or need to carry 6-10 cards and a few folded cash bills
On the other hand, Nik's Minimalist Wallets might not be for you if:
- You want to carry standard-sized business cards (they're just a little too big to fit in these wallets without the corners getting dog-eared)
- You carry a significant amount of cash
- You prefer a wallet with a zipper. Check out our Clear Organizer Wallet
What makes all four versions of Nik's Minimalist Wallets unique is how truly minimalist they are.
Upon delivery, the empty wallet will appear soft and somewhat unstructured. Why add a piece of unnecessary stiffener material, Nik thought, when users' ID, credit cards, etc. could serve as the stiffener? Each version has two interior pockets and a simple elastic band to keep the wallet shut. Something else that's pretty cool: you can fold the wallet in reverse, so that the "interior" pockets are on the outside.
Put your cards in the wallet, use the elastic band to keep it closed, and you'll find that within a day or so your wallet will form a slight crease down its spine: after that happens, both sides of the wallet will naturally close together whether or not you use the elastic band.
We use nylon to make these wallets since it's typically thinner and lighter than leather. The design of the nearly seamless look was achieved by Nik through a process similar to that of origami. He had to imagine and conceive of a series of internal folds that would — after the final action of turning the wallet inside out post-construction process — create pockets for cards/cash and achieve that seamless look. The wallets are also slim enough to fit comfortably in your front or back pockets.
Nik's original wallet and the most minimalist of them all. Two interior fabric pockets. No exterior pockets.
Two interior pockets: one is fabric, the other is clear urethane. And this time, there's one exterior pocket.
Wallet #4 is exactly the same as Wallet #3 except for one key difference: a small webbing loop through which gives you the ability to securely and conveniently tether this wallet to any TOM BIHN bag with O-rings. You'll need a Key Strap to do this, but given that all of our larger bags come with one 8" Key Strap in Black, you probably already have one. If you don't: see our various styles, lengths, and colors of Key Straps here.
Two interior fabric pockets and one exterior pocket. Basically, it's a Wallet #3 with a fabric pocket instead of a clear urethane one.
- AlgVerified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Compact, Good Storage Size1 year agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Compact, Good Storage SizeRated 5 out of 5 starsCuter than I expected!
I don’t want my review title to dissuade those who are looking for a more “rugged” look because I think the color really influences the look. I imagine this item is intended for those of a more masculine persuasion, but I like to carry a very small wallet with only essentials in my handbag. This takes up so much less room then a similar one I had from Kate Spade (in leather). The blue color I chose is fun and not too garish. The only mild frustration is that, as clearly stated in the item’s description, it is not designed to hold US size business cards. I only carry two with me so I’ve just trimmed them to fit (you don’t want to be without your Boba tea loyalty card!). Really just tells me that the US needs to get with the rest of the world regarding business card sizing. ha
- Erica M.Verified BuyerBought For GiftProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Comfortable, High Quality Craftsmanship, Compact, Great Gift1 year agoBought For GiftProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Comfortable, High Quality Craftsmanship, Compact, Great GiftRated 5 out of 5 starsCompact and durable
I purchased this wallet for my partner, who has already put it to the ultimate test of washing it in the washing machine after leaving it in his pants pocket. It came out marvelously with no signs of wear-and-rear. We have also found that an Apple AirTag fits great in the pocket alongside the credit cards and is still slim and nice to carry. This is a great product, like all Tom Bihn products, and I might be buying myself one soon as well.
- TomVerified ReviewerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Compact, Comfortable, Thoughtful Design6 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Compact, Comfortable, Thoughtful DesignRated 3 out of 5 starsPretty good, but elastic doesn’t last
I bought this in August 2020. Great little wallet, been using it everyday. Only complaint is that the outside elastic that holds it closed stretched to the point of uselessness after about a year, and is now comically large — at some point I’m just going to cut it off. Kinda wish it would’ve lasted longer. Other than that, does the job!
- Remdell Q.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Craftsmanship, Compact, Good Storage Size, Versatile1 year agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Craftsmanship, Compact, Good Storage Size, VersatileRated 5 out of 5 starsBest thinnest wallet for fitting a ton of stuff
This is by far the best wallet I've owned. The best part about this wallet is how small and durable it is for what it can carry. You can carry at least 3-5 cards in each pocket, and you can technically stuff more money/cards down the middle or outer areas and have the elastic band holding everything — this is absolutely great for craigslist or when you need to separate the cash you plan to spend vs the cash you plan to stash away.
The coyote color is also better in-person. Less bright and pretty classy. The #5 wallet was awesome, I bought their #4 with the transparent pocket for travels (showing my ID quickly, chaining it around my neck/belt loop, and such)
- RAYMOND F.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Finishings, Compact, Good Storage Size9 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Finishings, Compact, Good Storage SizeRated 5 out of 5 starsIt’s a winner
Finally found a wallet that has the best combination of the small footprint and ability to carry my usual cards and cash.
Inside clear slot: 5 cards and 5 bills folded into 1/4
Inside solid slot: 2 cards
Outside slot: 3 cards
Sewn in Seattle
Our bags are designed and sewn right here in Seattle, Washington, U.S.A.
That allows us to be control freaks in the best way possible; we have direct control and oversight of the quality of our materials, our products, and the jobs and working environment that we help create. It also offers us a unique spontaneity: when we have an idea for a new product or accessory, we can design it, figure out how to build it, add it to our website and be ready to ship it out our front door all within just a few weeks. How cool is that?
Intrigued? You can find out more about the unusual way we do business on our Company Philosophy page.
THE BIHN Guarantee
Everything you buy from us here at TOM BIHN is satisfaction guaranteed. We’ve been in business since 1972 and we stand behind what we make.
If something goes wrong and it's our fault, we'll fix it for free. Repairs due to normal wear and tear or due to other things that are not our fault will be performed, when possible, at a reasonable charge right here in our Seattle factory where your bag was made. Defects in materials or workmanship are uncommon and almost always evident while the product is still new. Keep in mind that bags and packs are often subject to extreme wear in everyday use: do not expect them to last forever. Only true love lasts forever! You can expect a TOM BIHN product to give years and years of hard service.