If your everyday carry includes lunch, a water bottle, or 12" laptop or large tablet, this is the size of Cafe Bag for you.
The Large Café Bag can be worn cross-body or over the shoulder and is designed to help you carry and organize your everyday gear.
The main, open-top compartment and front, zippered pocket of the Large Café Bag are covered by an asymmetrical flap that closes with the distinctive offset Duraflex® Warrior buckle. The zippered pocket, which has one O-ring, spans the width of the bag. It's ideal for securing your wallet, ereader, power supply, and other small items. It closes with a #8 YKK zipper. The back of the bag has a slanted, open-top pocket ideal for storing papers, files, a magazine, or a newspaper.
Inside the main compartment of the Large Café Bag, five organizer pockets allow you to keep small items like pens, wallets, and smartphones in order. The main compartment has three O-rings, one with an included 8" Key Strap attached to it.
The Large Café Bag rides on your shoulder with our Standard Shoulder Strap, a 1-1/2" strap made of high quality nylon webbing and a low-profile shoulder pad with a grippy underside. On the back/top of the Large Café Bag is a webbing grab handle. Included with the Large Café Bag is a removable waist strap so you can wear the Large Café Bag bike-messenger style.
Think the Large Café Bag is too big? You're in luck! The Café Bag is also available in sizes Small and Medium. And if you're wondering which size is "the one", here's our guide to choosing the right size of Cafe bag.
Sewn in Seattle
Our bags are designed and sewn right here in Seattle, Washington, U.S.A.
That allows us to be control freaks in the best way possible; we have direct control and oversight of the quality of our materials, our products, and the jobs and working environment that we help create. It also offers us a unique spontaneity: when we have an idea for a new product or accessory, we can design it, figure out how to build it, add it to our website and be ready to ship it out our front door all within just a few weeks. How cool is that?
Intrigued? You can find out more about the unusual way we do business on our Company Philosophy page.
THE BIHN Guarantee
Everything you buy from us here at TOM BIHN is satisfaction guaranteed. We’ve been in business since 1972 and we stand behind what we make.
If something goes wrong and it's our fault, we'll fix it for free. Repairs due to normal wear and tear or due to other things that are not our fault will be performed, when possible, at a reasonable charge right here in our Seattle factory where your bag was made. Defects in materials or workmanship are uncommon and almost always evident while the product is still new. Keep in mind that bags and packs are often subject to extreme wear in everyday use: do not expect them to last forever. Only true love lasts forever! You can expect a TOM BIHN product to give years and years of hard service.
- Tan PN L.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts High Quality Craftsmanship, Thoughtful Design, Sewn in USA, High Quality Finishings, Good Storage Size6 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts High Quality Craftsmanship, Thoughtful Design, Sewn in USA, High Quality Finishings, Good Storage SizeRated 5 starsPLEASE DON'T STOP MAKING THESE!
- Wendell I.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Easily Adjustable, Compact, High Quality Craftsmanship, Comfortable, Good Storage Size6 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Easily Adjustable, Compact, High Quality Craftsmanship, Comfortable, Good Storage SizeRated 5 starsFills a gap
Perfect size, between other models, for those occasions demanding just a little more lugged around, without being awkward or becoming a nuisance to others. Enjoying the flexibility provided by removable shoulder strap and attachment points. I think this will get a lot of use for a long time, and given my experience with other Bihn bags, it'll stand up to it all.
- Erik D.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts High Quality Craftsmanship, Good Storage Size, Durable6 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts High Quality Craftsmanship, Good Storage Size, DurableRated 4 starsGreat bag! Love the size and features.
Love this bag! I have 2 of the medium Cafe Bags and this is a great size up for more storage without feeling like it's overly bulky at all. My only real complaint is that it picks up any kind of fuzz from my clothes around me and it's not the easiest to get that fuzz off.
- Chris D.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts High Quality Craftsmanship, High Quality Finishings7 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts High Quality Craftsmanship, High Quality FinishingsRated 3 starsHigh quality, but maybe impractically floppy.
This does give more space than the Medium, but it lacks some kind of stiffness or structure that the Medium has, which makes it difficult to retrieve things, especially without looking: even a large water bottle can disappear into the folding fabric. The shoulder strap was also too short to adjust for my body (I'm 5'9"), but I love that I could swap it out.
So I dunno. I want to love it. Is it too big? Would I like it with a sheet of plastic in the outside pocket to stiffen it? I'm keeping it, but I'm not sure how to make it work better.
- Evelyn A.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Comfortable, High Quality Craftsmanship, Versatile6 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Comfortable, High Quality Craftsmanship, VersatileRated 5 starsPerfect summer dog-walking bag!
I already own a couple of medium cafe bags, and love them. However, nice weather means longer walks with my dog, and also the need to bring water bottles (for her and me), maybe a light jacket if the weather turns, etc. A little more than I could fit into a medium bag that already has other dog-walking necessities. I've tried messenger-sized bags for summer walks but they are too big and bulky; this bag is perfect.