The Large Café Bag is our timeless crossbody bag with a distinctive asymmetrical flap that is designed to help you carry and organize your everyday gear. Like the name says, this bag is perfect for any trips to the café, whether for work or just to chill with a cup of coffee, but this bag is also ideal for daily use and travel.
- Perfect for an iPad Pro or a 12" laptop, water bottle, and notebooks
- Main compartment with 5 organizer pockets and 3 O-rings
- Front zippered pocket with 1 O-ring
- Slanted open-top pocket in the back for quick-access items
- Option to add removable waist strap
Under the asymmetrical flap is an open-top main compartment. It's a good space for a large tablet, e-reader, books, water bottle, or foldable jacket.
On the front interior wall, you'll find five organizer pockets — one large pocket sized to fit your iPhone or a Nik's Minimalist Wallet, one medium pocket sized a thin tube of sunblock or hand sanitizer, two narrow pockets sized for pens, and one small pocket sized for 3.5 x 2.5 cards.
The main compartment has three O-rings, with an 8" Key Strap attached to one. The Key Strap is useful for tethering on your house or car keys as well as our organizers, such as the Cubelet or Ghost Whale Organizer Pouch.
Front Zippered Pocket
On the front exterior of the main compartment, there is a zippered pocket that spans the width and height of the bag. Inside you will find one O-ring. It's an ideal pocket for storing items that you want to keep extra secure, like your wallet, passport, or other small items. It closes with a #8 YKK zipper.
Slanted Slip Pocket in the Back
The back of the Large Café Bag has a slanted slip pocket, under a handy grab handle. It allows for easy storage and quick access to papers, phone, a small notebook, and anything that is relatively flat.
How to Carry the Large Café Bag
The Large Café Bag is designed to be carried as an over-the-shoulder crossbody bag. It comes with a 1.5" shoulder strap made of high quality U.S. webbing produced specifically for us. Unlike the Small and Medium Café Bags, the strap isn't sewn on but rather attached to a D-ring on each end of the bag. If you anticipate carrying a heavier load, you can always swap out the included strap for a heavier duty shoulder strap.
A removable waist strap is attached to unobtrusive webbing loops on the left and right sides of the Large Café Bag to stabilize the bag against your body while you're riding a bike.
8" Snaphook/Snaphook Key Strap
As with most of our bags, we've included a key strap. 8" long from tip-to-tip, a snaphook on either end. Good for attaching your keys to.
Gatekeeper Hip Belt
Attach this to the unobtrusive webbing loops on the back side of the Large Café Bag to stabilize the bag against your body when you're riding a bike.
Love organizing and want even more pockets? The Makers/Swift Bag Freudian Slip has eight organizational pockets. One side has a horizontal zippered pocket that can fit a phone lengthwise, as well as four narrower pockets designed for pencils, pens, or a thin flashlight. There's also a pocket that can fit a phone or similar object vertically. The other side has a diagonal mesh pocket and behind that, a zippered pocket. Both can fit an iPad Pro / 10" tablet, either by itself or in a Cache.
Sized for iPad Airs / Pros. Put it inside the Freudian Slip or directly into the Large Café Bag.
- Susan V.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Compact, Good Storage Size, Thoughtful Design, Comfortable1 year agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Compact, Good Storage Size, Thoughtful Design, ComfortableRated 5 out of 5 starsLove this bag!
As a newbie to TB, I was eagerly awaiting the restock of the LCB and I ordered it the second it became available. For a little background, I am a nurse who travels to a few different hospitals and I have certain things I have to drag around with me. For me, this bag holds the small Ghost Whale Pouch Organizer for my Minimalist Wallet and a few other small items, the A5 GWPO for my stethoscope, a non TB tiny pouch for pens, and a Side Effect for all my other essentials. There is still room for a water bottle, but with that everything Just Fits. I waffled between the LCB and the Makers Bag, but had a hard time justifying spending the $$ for the MB. I do feel like since everything fits so well into this bag, there really isn't room if I need to put anything else like a sack lunch, so the MB will make a better choice for all my work stuff. For now, I am using the LCB and I love it but I may end up transitioning to something just a little bigger for work.
- Chris D.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts High Quality Craftsmanship, High Quality Finishings1 year agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts High Quality Craftsmanship, High Quality FinishingsRated 3 out of 5 starsHigh quality, but maybe impractically floppy.
This does give more space than the Medium, but it lacks some kind of stiffness or structure that the Medium has, which makes it difficult to retrieve things, especially without looking: even a large water bottle can disappear into the folding fabric. The shoulder strap was also too short to adjust for my body (I'm 5'9"), but I love that I could swap it out.
So I dunno. I want to love it. Is it too big? Would I like it with a sheet of plastic in the outside pocket to stiffen it? I'm keeping it, but I'm not sure how to make it work better.
- Tan PN L.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts High Quality Craftsmanship, Thoughtful Design, Sewn in USA, High Quality Finishings, Good Storage Size1 year agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts High Quality Craftsmanship, Thoughtful Design, Sewn in USA, High Quality Finishings, Good Storage SizeRated 5 out of 5 starsPLEASE DON'T STOP MAKING THESE!
- Marianne R.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Comfortable, High Quality Craftsmanship, Sewn in USA, High Quality Finishings1 year agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Comfortable, High Quality Craftsmanship, Sewn in USA, High Quality FinishingsRated 5 out of 5 starsOutstanding Bag!
I can't believe this bag was previously discontinued. I am so glad they are offering it again. Best personal travel bag I have used. Often simple is better and this bag fills the bill as my personal carry-on for air travel. Not too large at all. Now I only carry my Large Cafe Bag and Aeronaut 45 when traveling internationally. Thanks TB!!!
- Ethan F.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Sewn in USA, Versatile, Good Storage Size, Comfortable, Durable1 year agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Sewn in USA, Versatile, Good Storage Size, Comfortable, DurableRated 5 out of 5 starsStill a great bag!
I bought the smaller cafe bag some years back and absolutely love it? Use it every work day and it still looks new. I wanted to have a larger version so I purchased the “large cafe” bag. It is also great but not as nice as the smaller version. I like the pocket better on the smaller version. Smaller version had a padded divider i liked for my ipad. Exterior felt thicker on smaller one and interior fabric was nicer. Despite those things, this is still an excellent and well made bag. Can fit a small lap top. Love the swivel straps. The small handle is nice but not as nice as the padded version handle on the smaller cafe bag.
Sewn in Seattle
Our bags are designed and sewn right here in Seattle, Washington, U.S.A.
That allows us to be control freaks in the best way possible; we have direct control and oversight of the quality of our materials, our products, and the jobs and working environment that we help create. It also offers us a unique spontaneity: when we have an idea for a new product or accessory, we can design it, figure out how to build it, add it to our website and be ready to ship it out our front door all within just a few weeks. How cool is that?
Intrigued? You can find out more about the unusual way we do business on our Company Philosophy page.
THE BIHN Guarantee
Everything you buy from us here at TOM BIHN is satisfaction guaranteed. We’ve been in business since 1972 and we stand behind what we make.
If something goes wrong and it's our fault, we'll fix it for free. Repairs due to normal wear and tear or due to other things that are not our fault will be performed, when possible, at a reasonable charge right here in our Seattle factory where your bag was made. Defects in materials or workmanship are uncommon and almost always evident while the product is still new. Keep in mind that bags and packs are often subject to extreme wear in everyday use: do not expect them to last forever. Only true love lasts forever! You can expect a TOM BIHN product to give years and years of hard service.