Think of The Grab Bag as “Snake Charmer meets 3D Cube”. It can be used as an organizer inside of a larger bag and/or you can clip a shoulder strap to its d-rings and use it as a mini shoulder bag. We're certain you'll find plenty of other uses for it as well; we can confirm it’ll fit a large burrito. And, of course, it has grab handles.
The fabrics you'll find in the Grab Bags are ecclectic. Most Grab Bags contain at least some panels of current materials. Some Grab Bags contain scraps and roll-ends of retired fabrics. Some even contain fabrics that we tested and decided not to use in our regular production, but still have partial rolls of. It's generally a mix of materials, and that's part of what makes it fun!
A rundown of the bag:
- It's truly a mystery — we aren't offering a choice on which you get past size. Every bag is a surprise!
- A single, open main compartment
- 2 o-rings in the main compartment
- Handles on top
- Handles on the sides
- D-rings for an optional shoulder strap (the 1" Shoulder Strap is a good choice in our opinion)
- Janice H.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Versatile, Good Storage Size1 year agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Versatile, Good Storage SizeRated 5 out of 5 starsDeceptively practical
Beautiful bag! I love my plum and olive color combo. This bag is holds way more than I was expecting it to. I added a shoulder strap and will be using it as my personal item on the plane for an upcoming trip and then will use it as a crossbody purse during the days out exploring.
- Julie D.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Good Storage Size, Versatile, Thoughtful Design, Sewn in USA1 year agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Good Storage Size, Versatile, Thoughtful Design, Sewn in USARated 5 out of 5 starsJust what I needed
The Grab Bag is the perfect size for my mobile phone accessories -- holds my wall charger & cord, power bank, USB drive, flexible phone stand, and over-the-ear comfort headphones. (some people are minimalists ;-) -- obviously I am not) When in my Maker's Bag, it gets tethered in by one of the shoulder strap rings. Handles on the top & ends so that whether it rides in a bag vertically or horizontally it's just as easy to pull out. Just enough structure to provide a bit of protection for the headphones. So much better than when the phone accessories were in bag pockets. Top handles can go over a doorknob, hook, etc. to keep things handy. The deep color looks sharp and blends in with my main bag colors. Love this purchase!
- Brad P.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Sewn in USA, Good Storage Size, Versatile, High Quality Craftsmanship, Compact1 year agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Sewn in USA, Good Storage Size, Versatile, High Quality Craftsmanship, CompactRated 5 out of 5 starsTravel CPAP Bag
Perfect fit for my ResMed Air Mini. I searched long and hard for a bag that would hold everything without wasting any space and this one nails it. Of course it's very well made as well - it's a Tom Bihn product. The simple design suits me well and I may collect more for other purposes as other colors become available.
- DanielVerified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Comfortable, Made in USA, High Quality Craftsmanship, Unique2 years agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Comfortable, Made in USA, High Quality Craftsmanship, UniqueRated 5 out of 5 starsAwesome little bags
I bought two of these (boreal and parapack) not really knowing what I’d do with them, but I found that the size and shape is perfect for holding all the smaller tools I would usually keep in the “everything” drawer. I have a normal sized tool bag filled with hammers and wrenches and such, but that is usually overkill for little tasks around the house. The handles make all the difference! Really a great design.
For a recent move, I used a parapack grab bag for holding a bunch of ropes for tying furniture down in the truck and afterwards filled it with snacks for the drive. The boreal stuff feels stiffer and better suited for tools, while the parapack feels more like a general purpose material that can be used for random stuff like food or clothes.
- AdamVerified Buyer2 years agoRated 5 out of 5 starsSimple Things Done Well
Sometimes Tom Bihn bags have every bell & whistle they've developed in their decades of making bags. And then they do something as simple and perfect as the Grab Bag. That's when you realize bells & whistles only matter when they're put there by designers with an exquisite grasp of the fundamentals. The way the handles gravitate toward each other so they're easier to grab, or the way the internal volume seems maximized because of its proportions, or the way the rounded ends make it easy to extract the Grab Bag from inside a duffle or suitcase, it's truly evidence of a refined eye. Right now I'm using mine to carry a vintage Polaroid One Step and extra film but the Grab Bag should be seriously considered by anyone looking for an alternative to lay-flat style packing cubes that double as shoulder bags, as it would be easier to get 3 or 4 of these into a smaller pack without creating lost space. Florid prose aside, this is a deceptively simple bag that will lend itself to versatility.
Sewn in Seattle
Our bags are designed and sewn right here in Seattle, Washington, U.S.A.
That allows us to be control freaks in the best way possible; we have direct control and oversight of the quality of our materials, our products, and the jobs and working environment that we help create. It also offers us a unique spontaneity: when we have an idea for a new product or accessory, we can design it, figure out how to build it, add it to our website and be ready to ship it out our front door all within just a few weeks. How cool is that?
Intrigued? You can find out more about the unusual way we do business on our Company Philosophy page.
THE BIHN Guarantee
Everything you buy from us here at TOM BIHN is satisfaction guaranteed. We’ve been in business since 1972 and we stand behind what we make.
If something goes wrong and it's our fault, we'll fix it for free. Repairs due to normal wear and tear or due to other things that are not our fault will be performed, when possible, at a reasonable charge right here in our Seattle factory where your bag was made. Defects in materials or workmanship are uncommon and almost always evident while the product is still new. Keep in mind that bags and packs are often subject to extreme wear in everyday use: do not expect them to last forever. Only true love lasts forever! You can expect a TOM BIHN product to give years and years of hard service.