Our Wheelchair or Stroller Straps allows one to hang any TOM BIHN bag with 1-1/2" d-ring shoulder strap attachment points on to the back of a stroller or wheelchair.
Wheelchair or Stroller Loops attach to our bags through the bag’s plastic triangular “D-ring” part. The Loops don't clip into the circular hole where you’d normally attach a shoulder strap’s snaphook, but rather slips through the slot where the webbing, which affixes the plastic triangle to the bag, passes. This is cool because you needn’t choose between shoulder strap or the loops – you can leave the loops on if you find yourself utilizing them often, and remove the shoulder strap if and when that seems right.
Of course, some of our larger travel bags are likely to prove too unwieldy if used this way: below is a list of recommended bags that will accept the loops. The Wheelchair or Stroller Straps should work great with most strollers or wheelchairs, but we haven't tested every stroller or wheelchair out there, so your mileage may vary.
We’re working on photos and videos that demonstrate this new accessory in use with both strollers and wheelchairs: stay tuned!
These bags have 1-1/2" d-ring shoulder strap attachment points and thus can use the Wheelchair or Stroller Straps:
- Jane D.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Compact, Durable, Unique, Versatile1 year agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Compact, Durable, Unique, VersatileRated 5 out of 5 starsSuper versatile strappy bits
I have these on hand in my bike tool kit because I never know when I'm going to need to strap a this to a that. These straps are short enough to pass through bag handles and around carrying racks, and long enough that when clipped to each other make an excellent cinch strap to hold a wobbling container still.
- Stefany C.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts High Quality Craftsmanship1 year agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts High Quality CraftsmanshipRated 4 out of 5 starsWork well but difficult to install
The straps work very well, once they're on. I use them with my Parental Unit on my son's stroller. They were very difficult to install. First, you have to thread the nylon webbing through the buckles, which is a very tight fit. Second, the pictures showing how to do that are a bit lacking, so I did one in the wrong direction and had to take it out and re-do it. But they work great now that they're together.
- Dana K.Verified BuyerBought For Gift1 year agoBought For GiftRated 5 out of 5 starsSometimes stroller straps turn into a wheelchair straps
I bought a Parental Unit with Stroller Straps for a friend who had just had a baby and was struggling with finding a good-sized bag that wasn't gigantic and wasn't clearly a diaper bag. They loved it. A year after the baby was born my friend's mom ended up having emergency surgery and suddenly she found herself carrying her toddler in a carrier and using the parental unit with a wheelchair. I'd received a thank you when she'd received the bag and had seen her using it. I can't even describe her gratitude when she realized the stroller bag could easily convert to a wheelchair bag while her parents needed it. I can't recommend these straps enough!
- David M.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Sewn in USA, High Quality Craftsmanship, Unique, Easily Adjustable1 year agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Sewn in USA, High Quality Craftsmanship, Unique, Easily AdjustableRated 5 out of 5 starsWell built, good, but didn’t work for me.
I bought these hoping to hang a non Tom Bihn fanny pack from my Babyzen Yo-yo 2 stroller handle. The straps are very fairly priced and very good quality and very easy to adjust. Also easy to clip on and off. Sadly, they did not work for my needs, though it’s not Tom Bihn’s fault. My stroller handle is like an upside down “u” that points down, so when I clip the funny pack on using the Tom Bihn straps the fanny pack wants to just slide down. Still, these are a great price and well made.
- Jonathan B.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts High Quality Craftsmanship, Durable, Compact, Easily Adjustable10 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts High Quality Craftsmanship, Durable, Compact, Easily AdjustableRated 5 out of 5 starsThey is what they is.!
I use to secure, not or stroller.
Sewn in Seattle
Our bags are designed and sewn right here in Seattle, Washington, U.S.A.
That allows us to be control freaks in the best way possible; we have direct control and oversight of the quality of our materials, our products, and the jobs and working environment that we help create. It also offers us a unique spontaneity: when we have an idea for a new product or accessory, we can design it, figure out how to build it, add it to our website and be ready to ship it out our front door all within just a few weeks. How cool is that?
Intrigued? You can find out more about the unusual way we do business on our Company Philosophy page.
THE BIHN Guarantee
Everything you buy from us here at TOM BIHN is satisfaction guaranteed. We’ve been in business since 1972 and we stand behind what we make.
If something goes wrong and it's our fault, we'll fix it for free. Repairs due to normal wear and tear or due to other things that are not our fault will be performed, when possible, at a reasonable charge right here in our Seattle factory where your bag was made. Defects in materials or workmanship are uncommon and almost always evident while the product is still new. Keep in mind that bags and packs are often subject to extreme wear in everyday use: do not expect them to last forever. Only true love lasts forever! You can expect a TOM BIHN product to give years and years of hard service.