Our Packing Cubes are designed to help you most efficiently utilize the space inside your travel bag and keep your clothes neat and organized.
Packing Cubes are designed to serve as additional compartments inside of your travel bag. They contain and keep tidy your shoes or rolled, folded, or bundled clothes. Made out of ultra-light top quality Mesh and Piscine fabric from South Korea, our Packing Cubes help you efficiently utilize the space inside your Synik 30 and keep your clothes neat and organized.
(Though there are a lot of good reasons to use Packing Cubes, we also like to make sure to mention that they’re totally optional: Tom designs all of our bags with enough built-in organization to serve most folks well.)
Here are two sample packing strategies using our Synik 30 Packing Cubes:
#1: “Just a couple of Packing Cubes”
One Small Packing Cube (underwear, socks or rolled t-shirts). Fold the rest of your clothes and use the included tie-down straps.
#2: “Totally Organized”
Two Small Packing Cubes (underwear, socks, rolled t-shirts, gym clothes or swimwear) in the main compartment stacked on top of one Large Packing Cube (skirts, slacks, shirts, dresses, jackets).
The Synik 30 Packing Cubes were originally designed for our Western Flyer bag but the size works well for the Synik 30 so we re-named them to match that. Of course, we offer various sizes of Packing Cubes that allow you to come up with your own packing strategy. If you want to dive even deeper into the world of packing organization, see our blog post Packing Cubes: Frequently Asked Questions.
- Greg H.Verified Buyer1 year agoRated 5 out of 5 starsPerfect for the WF & TriStar
I’ve tried several approaches to organizing my various bags: bundling without packing cubes, and various packing cubes from Eagle Creek, Lewis N. Clark, Gonex, Red Oxx, Qube, and Tom Bihn, and many others. There are things to like about all of these makers’ products, and there are times when bundling is superior to any packing cube, e.g., clothing prone to wrinkles, such as suits or blazers, that can’t be worn in transit. I like bundling as preached by Doug Dyment, but I’ve found that I prefer packing cubes on both sides of my WF. I did a test comparison of folding vs. rolling vs. Army-rolling my 10-day clothing budget—all Merino tops, bottoms, underwear & socks, along with a Montbell rain shell and Patagonia Nano Puff jacket—inside these Tom Bihn cubes, Eagle Creek Spectre Cubes [compression, non-compression, and structured compression], Lewis N. Clark Electrolight compression cubes, Gonex compression cubes, and Red Oxx packing cubes. I learned several (to me) important things:
1. Surprisingly, the TB cubes are the lightest of all of these, including the EC Spectre and LNC Electrolight; and it’s not that close. I suspect the reason is all that mesh.
2. Surprisingly, packing method did not matter; folding benefitted slightly more from compression, but not enough to matter. Whether folded or rolled, all the clothing fit inside a combination of a TriStar Small  and what TB calls the WF Small . The difference completely disappears with Army-rolling, which…
- rv c.Verified BuyerBought For Myself5 months agoBought For MyselfRated 2 out of 5 starsFine but not worth the money
Overpriced packing cubes. Makes sense to pay more when the product integrates into the tb ecosystem with orings or straps but this is a regular packing cube. Find one with similar dimensions on amazon.
- Sara M.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Compact, Sewn in USA9 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Compact, Sewn in USARated 5 out of 5 starsIt's the sizing!
Honestly, this is just a packing cube. It packs, it's a cube. It may even be a little flimsy. The reason I bought it, and the reason it's great, is that it fits my bag EXACTLY. Suddenly it feels like I can put so much more in this bag, which is a big deal when trying to travel so light, because now there's no wasted space at all. It's also a big deal to me that these are made in the US.
- Louise L.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Sewn in USA, Versatile, High Quality Craftsmanship, Good Storage Size, Thoughtful Design10 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Sewn in USA, Versatile, High Quality Craftsmanship, Good Storage Size, Thoughtful DesignRated 5 out of 5 starsSynic 30 Parcking Cubes
How do I love them? Let me count the ways.
I love that they fit perfectly into the main compartment of the Synci 30.
I lam am an extremely minimalist traveler, so the Synic is my suitcase. I love that when I get to a place, I can take the packing cubes out filled with clothes and other items, and put them directly into a drawer.
I love the loop handles that make it easy to put them in and out of my Synic.
I love that I can see whatʻs inside them because of the partial mesh exterior.
Mahalo, Tom Bihn and everyone who works there for your excellent ideas and solutions.
- Kurt C.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts High Quality Craftsmanship, Sewn in USA, Durable, Good Storage Size, Compact8 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts High Quality Craftsmanship, Sewn in USA, Durable, Good Storage Size, CompactRated 5 out of 5 starsPerfect companion for the Synik 30
I have one large and two small, and together they fit perfectly in the Synik 30. This arrangement (along with lightweight wool shirts) has made it possible for me to be a one-bag traveler, for any trip less than 4-5 days. Highly recommended if you're planning to travel with only your Synik 30.
Sewn in Seattle
Our bags are designed and sewn right here in Seattle, Washington, U.S.A.
That allows us to be control freaks in the best way possible; we have direct control and oversight of the quality of our materials, our products, and the jobs and working environment that we help create. It also offers us a unique spontaneity: when we have an idea for a new product or accessory, we can design it, figure out how to build it, add it to our website and be ready to ship it out our front door all within just a few weeks. How cool is that?
Intrigued? You can find out more about the unusual way we do business on our Company Philosophy page.
THE BIHN Guarantee
Everything you buy from us here at TOM BIHN is satisfaction guaranteed. We’ve been in business since 1972 and we stand behind what we make.
If something goes wrong and it's our fault, we'll fix it for free. Repairs due to normal wear and tear or due to other things that are not our fault will be performed, when possible, at a reasonable charge right here in our Seattle factory where your bag was made. Defects in materials or workmanship are uncommon and almost always evident while the product is still new. Keep in mind that bags and packs are often subject to extreme wear in everyday use: do not expect them to last forever. Only true love lasts forever! You can expect a TOM BIHN product to give years and years of hard service.