Hip Belts, padded and unpadded, for various bags.
Most of our backpacks and come with the Gatekeeper Hip Belt and many others can use it.
Most of our backpacks can use the 1" Padded Hip Belt. This includes our Synapse line, Synik line, Aeronaut line, and Techonaut line.
For the Addax 22, Addax 30, and Brain Bag, use the 1.5" Padded Hip Belt.
For the Shadow Guide, use the Shadow Guide Hip Belt.
For Aeronauts made before 2022, use the Pre-2022 Aeronaut Padded Hip Belt.
Waist Belt Extenders are 12" extenders.
If you're unsure of which hip belt will best suit your needs or need a different size? email@example.com and we're happy to see what we can come up with!
- AmyVerified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts High Quality Craftsmanship, Durable, Unique, Easily Adjustable, Versatile11 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts High Quality Craftsmanship, Durable, Unique, Easily Adjustable, VersatileRated 2 out of 5 starsNeeds to be longer for broad and fat folks
I got the gatekeeper belt along with a Side Effect and in anticipation of ordering a Bantam. While the straps *do* go over my shoulder, they are not long enough to have the attached bag go past a certain point on my chest. I have a larger chest and am also fat, this means that most slings do not fit me. I want to use my Side Effects and future bags as slings, I can't be the only one who feels this way. Please TB, this belt would be brilliant if the straps were longerTBTOM BIHN11 months ago
Hi Amy, Thanks for taking a few minutes to leave this review! I'm sorry this Padded Waist Belt isn't working for you! There are a couple of options to make this work better for you and I'll follow up this message with an email directly to you. We are able to make longer waist straps pretty easily and will happily do that if you need it. Just firstname.lastname@example.org to set that up!
- Robert B.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Comfortable, High Quality Finishings, Durable, Easily Adjustable, High Quality Craftsmanship7 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Comfortable, High Quality Finishings, Durable, Easily Adjustable, High Quality CraftsmanshipRated 5 out of 5 starsAeronaut 45 hip belts
These hip belts are great! I got them for my Aeronaut 45 before a trip to Yosemite and they helped tremendously to make the bag feel right at home on my hips. I highly recommend them to anyone who wants the max comfort when carrying a heavy bag.
- Zachary W.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Comfortable, Compact, Unique, Versatile8 minutes agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Comfortable, Compact, Unique, VersatileRated 5 out of 5 starsNovel designs deserve recognition.
I can’t really report on the comfort of this item yet as my wife has yet to use it, but we are both optimistic that it will help limit the amount of back pain she may receive from her Side Kick, though the risk for that is already small considering its size. However, we both appreciate the thoughtfulness that brought about this strap’s creation and its potential for usage. Since we both used proper messenger bags in college, we are both familiar with cross body style carry and appreciate the greater stability from that carry method. The modularity of the bag design to allow for the use of this strap or a regular shoulder strap is quite novel and appreciated.
- Lisa M.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Comfortable, High Quality Craftsmanship, Sewn in USA, Easily Adjustable1 month agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Comfortable, High Quality Craftsmanship, Sewn in USA, Easily AdjustableRated 5 out of 5 starsDiscreet hip belt for side effect
I love that I have the option to use the side effect as a fanny pack and the hip belt is discreet enough so that I can wear it under my jacket.
- Susan W.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Sewn in USA, Durable, Compact3 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Sewn in USA, Durable, CompactRated 2 out of 5 starsSlippery slope
I couldn’t get this tight enough when bag was full. Kept slipping looser and sliding down. Maybe a thicker belt would help. LOVE the bag though
Sewn in Seattle
Our bags are designed and sewn right here in Seattle, Washington, U.S.A.
That allows us to be control freaks in the best way possible; we have direct control and oversight of the quality of our materials, our products, and the jobs and working environment that we help create. It also offers us a unique spontaneity: when we have an idea for a new product or accessory, we can design it, figure out how to build it, add it to our website and be ready to ship it out our front door all within just a few weeks. How cool is that?
Intrigued? You can find out more about the unusual way we do business on our Company Philosophy page.
THE BIHN Guarantee
Everything you buy from us here at TOM BIHN is satisfaction guaranteed. We’ve been in business since 1972 and we stand behind what we make.
If something goes wrong and it's our fault, we'll fix it for free. Repairs due to normal wear and tear or due to other things that are not our fault will be performed, when possible, at a reasonable charge right here in our Seattle factory where your bag was made. Defects in materials or workmanship are uncommon and almost always evident while the product is still new. Keep in mind that bags and packs are often subject to extreme wear in everyday use: do not expect them to last forever. Only true love lasts forever! You can expect a TOM BIHN product to give years and years of hard service.