The Smart Alec, Lower Modular Pocket adds an extra 3+ liters of volume to the Smart Alec. Fits two 1-liter water bottles, or one water bottle and other stuff, or just a lot of other stuff. Inside are two O-rings and an open-top organizer pocket sized for a wallet.
- Michael R.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Good Storage Size, Unique, Durable, Comfortable, Thoughtful Design3 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Good Storage Size, Unique, Durable, Comfortable, Thoughtful DesignRated 5 starsFits like a glove
Love this to extend bag capacity but it is time consuming to affix to the front of the bag.
- Dylan W.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Craftsmanship, Good Storage Size, Unique3 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Craftsmanship, Good Storage Size, UniqueRated 5 starsSneaky good
This has been great to carry extra water/bowels/food for my dogs while hiking.
- Albert L.Verified BuyerBought For Myself4 months agoBought For MyselfRated 5 starsThanks for reviving the Smart Alec!
Great complement to the Smart Alec I bought years ago. At the time I picked up my black SA, there were no matching modular pockets left, so was thrilled when TB included the pockets in this restock!
- Kye H.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Craftsmanship, Sewn in USA, High Quality Finishings, Durable4 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Craftsmanship, Sewn in USA, High Quality Finishings, DurableRated 5 starsSmart Alec Enhancement!
I had the upper pocket but didn’t order the lower pocket until recently. Really enhances the bag when you need to carry a maximum load. Glad Tom Bihn brought back the Smart Alec, it’s my favorite pack!
- Jay L.Verified BuyerBought For Myself3 months agoBought For MyselfRated 5 starsNecessary Accessory
Great product for expanding storage for the Smart Alec. The lower modular pocket holds a lot more than it looks.
Sewn in Seattle
Our bags are designed and sewn right here in Seattle, Washington, U.S.A.
That allows us to be control freaks in the best way possible; we have direct control and oversight of the quality of our materials, our products, and the jobs and working environment that we help create. It also offers us a unique spontaneity: when we have an idea for a new product or accessory, we can design it, figure out how to build it, add it to our website and be ready to ship it out our front door all within just a few weeks. How cool is that?
Intrigued? You can find out more about the unusual way we do business on our Company Philosophy page.
THE BIHN Guarantee
Everything you buy from us here at TOM BIHN is satisfaction guaranteed. We’ve been in business since 1972 and we stand behind what we make.
If something goes wrong and it's our fault, we'll fix it for free. Repairs due to normal wear and tear or due to other things that are not our fault will be performed, when possible, at a reasonable charge right here in our Seattle factory where your bag was made. Defects in materials or workmanship are uncommon and almost always evident while the product is still new. Keep in mind that bags and packs are often subject to extreme wear in everyday use: do not expect them to last forever. Only true love lasts forever! You can expect a TOM BIHN product to give years and years of hard service.