As I’ve mentioned before, I’ve grown very fond of square sketchbooks. I think because they don’t confine me to a particular perspective: I often turn a sketch 90 or 180 degrees mid-process and discover a new way of seeing things.
I found a manufacturer able to make me pretty much my dream sketchbook: square, small enough to be very portable and yet still very utilitarian. Only problem was that to get it just like I wanted it, we needed to have them make far more of these than I’ll likely use in this lifetime. So we figured we’d offer it to our customers and fans: if you appreciate it half as much as I do, I’ll be happy.
The front is printed, as you see, with a simple line graphic that makes the sketchbook look like one of our Organizer Pouches. That’s just for fun. The notebook is Made in U.S.A. out of recycled material.
Included is my favorite pen: it’s the mini version of the ubiquitous Bic blue and white writes-in-four-colors pen, printed with our airplane logo. Use each color to delineate layers, processes, ordinal priority, whatever makes sense at the moment. Made in France.
Sewn in Seattle
Our bags are designed and sewn right here in Seattle, Washington, U.S.A.
That allows us to be control freaks in the best way possible; we have direct control and oversight of the quality of our materials, our products, and the jobs and working environment that we help create. It also offers us a unique spontaneity: when we have an idea for a new product or accessory, we can design it, figure out how to build it, add it to our website and be ready to ship it out our front door all within just a few weeks. How cool is that?
Intrigued? You can find out more about the unusual way we do business on our Company Philosophy page.
THE BIHN Guarantee
Everything you buy from us here at TOM BIHN is satisfaction guaranteed. We’ve been in business since 1972 and we stand behind what we make.
If something goes wrong and it's our fault, we'll fix it for free. Repairs due to normal wear and tear or due to other things that are not our fault will be performed, when possible, at a reasonable charge right here in our Seattle factory where your bag was made. Defects in materials or workmanship are uncommon and almost always evident while the product is still new. Keep in mind that bags and packs are often subject to extreme wear in everyday use: do not expect them to last forever. Only true love lasts forever! You can expect a TOM BIHN product to give years and years of hard service.
- Caroline1 year agoRated 5 starsGreat
It's like a grown up blue's clues notebook in the best way possible.
- Tony S.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Unique3 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts UniqueRated 5 starsNice pen and notepad
Stumbled across this while browsing the site, great little pad and the pen is a bit smaller than the one i used to use as a kid.
- Michael G.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Unique, Great Gift, Compact9 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Unique, Great Gift, CompactRated 5 starsBuy extras for the kids
4 color pen just like we played with in grade school! You know you want this. But not as much as your kids do.
- Frances W.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Compact5 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts CompactRated 5 starsSketchbook and pen
Like the pen. The sketchbook is good for notes and a sketch in a pinch.
- Luther R.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts High Quality Craftsmanship, Thoughtful Design, Compact4 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts High Quality Craftsmanship, Thoughtful Design, CompactRated 5 starsGreat notebook
I like these notebooks a lot. Great size for my small desk, good paper, and I like that it’s easy to rip pages out when you want to.