The Monster Truck is the biggest multipurpose tote that we think is reasonable for someone to carry. It's a great tote for when the universe tasks you with carrying a lot of stuff.
- Thoughtful design: With three open-top compartments, loading and organizing your essentials becomes a breeze. Center compartment boasts a sewn-in plastic stiffener for stability and shape retention
- Smart storage: The Monster Truck doesn't compromise on storage. Front and back pockets provide dedicated spaces for stowing away your tablet, book, or other quick-access items
- Comfortable carry: Equipped with handles made with PORON® foam padding for extra comfort
3 Open-Top Compartments
The Monster Truck has three open-top compartments. They are easy and intuitive to load up and will likely swallow more than you expect.
The center compartment is stabilized by a sewn-in piece of plastic stiffener. We recommend storing your heaviest items in this compartment, such as jugs of milk or other chunky items from your grocery run. If you're using this as a laundry bag, we think the Monster Truck could absorb a week's worth of laundry. The side compartments are almost equally as capacious as the center compartment. If you're using the Monster Truck as your gym bag, this is a perfect place to fit a large pair of shoes.
There are two O-rings, one of which includes a Key Strap, located in the center compartment and one O-ring in each side compartment. For additional organization, you can add our pouches onto any of these four O-rings.
Exterior Open-Top Front and Back Pockets
Situated on either side of the center compartment, the front and back pockets are perfect for storing a larger tablet or book. You could also slip an average 13" laptop or the big iPad Pro in either pocket as well, though whether that's a good idea or not (there's no padding or secure closure) is up to you.
PORON® Foam-Padded Handles
Like our other carryall tote bags, the Monster Truck has comfortable PORON® foam-padded handles. The handles remain the same length as the Truck so you can still carry it over your shoulder, or directly in your hand if you're on the taller side.
8" Snaphook/Snaphook Key Strap
As with most of our bags, we've included a key strap. 8" long from tip-to-tip, a snaphook on either end. Good for attaching your keys to.
Since the Monster Truck is a large open tote with simple compartments, it's the perfect bag for adding your own modular organization, if you want. We recommend taking a look at our collection of organizational bags.
- RyanVerified BuyerBought For Myself1 year agoBought For MyselfRated 3 out of 5 starsSuggestion!
I love Tom Bihn. I have spent more money than anyone reasonably should. I have far more bags than I reasonably need. I want to love this so badly and I do at some level. But the handle is a tweener. there should be an over the shoulder handle as well as a shorter handle for holding it in the palm. Just like the famed blue ikea bag! Please hear me out on this one!
- Roy L.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Craftsmanship, Good Storage Size, Made in USA1 year agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Craftsmanship, Good Storage Size, Made in USARated 5 out of 5 starsMonster indeed
This thing is cavernous albeit an admittedly overbuilt grocery getter —but it solves a lot of problems.
First of all, it’s nigh impossible to tip over. Load it up - even illogically - and it refuses to let you down. Smash a corner with the groceries in the back hatch because you forgot they are back there for a fleeting moment - nope. Reliably secure.
Second, it’s designed in such a way that is deceptively brilliant. Right when you think you’ve reached its limit - a small adjustment allows still more items.
Third, with rare exception you buy a few of these you’re never opting for plastic or paper bags ever again. I would be surprised if this bag - in my use case - didn’t outlast me ;).
In the end, it looks expensive. Use it - and you will realize it’s a bargain.
- Bryan P.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts High Quality Craftsmanship, Durable, Good Storage Size12 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts High Quality Craftsmanship, Durable, Good Storage SizeRated 5 out of 5 starsAbsolute Monster
Makes life easier. Always impresses. Keep it in the car. Took it to the beach. This thing does it all. An absolute workhorse that’s worth twice the price!
- Adam B.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Good Storage Size, Versatile1 year agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Good Storage Size, VersatileRated 5 out of 5 starsVery big but dividers make it work
The issue with most large bags is that they can never be loaded without being mound of stuff in the middle. Having the bag split into three parts allows the load be split to even it out and protect fragile items. It is very easy to overload it but when it is heavily loaded I carry it otherwise my wife can manage it.
- Mimi B.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Craftsmanship, Durable, Good Storage Size1 year agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Craftsmanship, Durable, Good Storage SizeRated 5 out of 5 starsGreat tote!
I love this tote!! I clean cabin rentals and it is just what I needed for holding my supplies. Very sturdy handles. Planning on buying another one.
Sewn in Seattle
Our bags are designed and sewn right here in Seattle, Washington, U.S.A.
That allows us to be control freaks in the best way possible; we have direct control and oversight of the quality of our materials, our products, and the jobs and working environment that we help create. It also offers us a unique spontaneity: when we have an idea for a new product or accessory, we can design it, figure out how to build it, add it to our website and be ready to ship it out our front door all within just a few weeks. How cool is that?
Intrigued? You can find out more about the unusual way we do business on our Company Philosophy page.
THE BIHN Guarantee
Everything you buy from us here at TOM BIHN is satisfaction guaranteed. We’ve been in business since 1972 and we stand behind what we make.
If something goes wrong and it's our fault, we'll fix it for free. Repairs due to normal wear and tear or due to other things that are not our fault will be performed, when possible, at a reasonable charge right here in our Seattle factory where your bag was made. Defects in materials or workmanship are uncommon and almost always evident while the product is still new. Keep in mind that bags and packs are often subject to extreme wear in everyday use: do not expect them to last forever. Only true love lasts forever! You can expect a TOM BIHN product to give years and years of hard service.