The Medium is the original size of Cafe Bag, one of our most enduring designs. It is designed to help you carry and organize your everyday gear. Wear it cross-body or over the shoulder.
The main, open-top compartment and front, zippered pocket of the Medium Café Bag are covered by an asymmetrical flap that closes with our distinctive offset Duraflex® Warrior buckle. The zippered pocket, which has one O-ring, spans the width of the bag. It's ideal for securing your wallet, checkbook, or other small items. It closes with a #8 YKK zipper. The back of the Medium Café Bag has a slanted, open-top pocket. It's great for storing papers, files, a magazine, or a newspaper.
Inside the main compartment of the Medium Café Bag, you'll find four organizer pockets. Two of the pockets are sized for your cell phone/iPod or a small wallet, and two are sized for pens. The main compartment also has three O-rings, with an 8" Key Strap attached to one. (Additional and extended-length Black and Color Key Straps can be purchased separately.) The Key Strap is useful for keeping track of your keys (many folks leave their keys attached to the Key Strap).
The Medium Café Bag rides on your shoulder with a 1-1/2" shoulder strap made of high quality nylon webbing. It features a low-profile shoulder pad with a grippy underside.
The Medium Café Bag can also be carried by a webbing handle that is on the top/back of the bag. Available as an optional accessory is a removable waist strap so you can wear the Medium Café Bag bike-messenger style.
Think the Medium Café Bag is too big? You're in luck! The Café Bag is also available in size Small. And if you're wondering which size is "the one", here's our guide to choosing the right size of Cafe Bag.
Sewn in Seattle
Our bags are designed and sewn right here in Seattle, Washington, U.S.A.
That allows us to be control freaks in the best way possible; we have direct control and oversight of the quality of our materials, our products, and the jobs and working environment that we help create. It also offers us a unique spontaneity: when we have an idea for a new product or accessory, we can design it, figure out how to build it, add it to our website and be ready to ship it out our front door all within just a few weeks. How cool is that?
Intrigued? You can find out more about the unusual way we do business on our Company Philosophy page.
THE BIHN Guarantee
Everything you buy from us here at TOM BIHN is satisfaction guaranteed. We’ve been in business since 1972 and we stand behind what we make.
If something goes wrong and it's our fault, we'll fix it for free. Repairs due to normal wear and tear or due to other things that are not our fault will be performed, when possible, at a reasonable charge right here in our Seattle factory where your bag was made. Defects in materials or workmanship are uncommon and almost always evident while the product is still new. Keep in mind that bags and packs are often subject to extreme wear in everyday use: do not expect them to last forever. Only true love lasts forever! You can expect a TOM BIHN product to give years and years of hard service.
- Jaimie C.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Made in USA, High Quality Finishings, Good Storage Size, Unique9 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Made in USA, High Quality Finishings, Good Storage Size, UniqueRated 5 starsUrban Sketchers Dream Bag
Wow! This is an absolute dream bag for all of my sketching gear. My sketchbook, iPad Pro and all of my pencils, pens, paint…..everything fits in this bag! I paired mine with the Freudian slip, clear pouch and a small cubelet. I feel so organized while I’m sketching
- Brandon M.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Sewn in USA, High Quality Finishings, High Quality Craftsmanship, Thoughtful Design7 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Sewn in USA, High Quality Finishings, High Quality Craftsmanship, Thoughtful DesignRated 5 starsI love this bag!
I am in love with this bag. It’s made of high quality materials and is the perfect size for my EDC. I also love the color I chose, logic blue.
- Elizabeth C.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts High Quality Craftsmanship, Sewn in USA, High Quality Finishings, Durable, Versatile1 month agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts High Quality Craftsmanship, Sewn in USA, High Quality Finishings, Durable, VersatileRated 5 starsLove my Cafe Bag!
I bought this medium Cafe Bag to use as a small project knitting bag. My small Cafe Bag is too small to use as a project bag. Love it! It's roomy and sturdy and the color is gorgeous!
- Linda W.Verified BuyerBought For Myself10 hours agoBought For MyselfRated 5 starsPerfect for the gigging musician
The Medium Cafe Bag works perfectly for carrying my 12" iPad (with downloaded music scores), electronic page turner, plus wallet/etc. Thank you!
- Mariah K.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Comfortable, High Quality Craftsmanship, Durable, Good Storage Size, Great Gift6 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Comfortable, High Quality Craftsmanship, Durable, Good Storage Size, Great GiftRated 5 starsDurable and Sleek
This medium bag holds just the right amount for a daily excursion, whether out painting or visiting coffee shops. I wish it was slightly bigger (as the large is currently not in production), but I'm just a heavy packer. The strap is strong and appears durable, the interior is sleek and has just enough pockets allowing the majority of the space to hold other things. Currently stuffed with a Size 2 Handy Little Thing, a couple journals, a small water cup, and various small supplies.