The Gatekeeper Waist Strap can be added to many of our bags; it offers extra stability when you're hiking, riding your bike (push or motor), or running to catch the bus. Attaches with Gatekeepers and closes with a side-release buckle that adjusts on both sides.
Available in one size that extends to 37" / 94 cm. Made of 1" webbing.
Bags that have webbing loops for — but don't come with — a Gatekeeper Waist Strap include the Aeronaut 45, Aeronaut 30, Tri-Star, Western Flyer, Small Café Bag, Medium Café Bag, Side Kick, and Side Effect.
Bags that have webbing loops for and do come with a Gatekeeper Waist Strap include the Synapse 25, Synapse 19, Synik 30, Synik 22, Brain Bag (a special 1.5" Gatekeeper Waist Strap), Guide's Pack (in Coyote), Luminary 12, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Maker's Bag, Ristretto, and the Aeronaut 30 Packing Cube Backpack.
Sewn in Seattle
Our bags are designed and sewn right here in Seattle, Washington, U.S.A.
That allows us to be control freaks in the best way possible; we have direct control and oversight of the quality of our materials, our products, and the jobs and working environment that we help create. It also offers us a unique spontaneity: when we have an idea for a new product or accessory, we can design it, figure out how to build it, add it to our website and be ready to ship it out our front door all within just a few weeks. How cool is that?
Intrigued? You can find out more about the unusual way we do business on our Company Philosophy page.
THE BIHN Guarantee
Everything you buy from us here at TOM BIHN is satisfaction guaranteed. We’ve been in business since 1972 and we stand behind what we make.
If something goes wrong and it's our fault, we'll fix it for free. Repairs due to normal wear and tear or due to other things that are not our fault will be performed, when possible, at a reasonable charge right here in our Seattle factory where your bag was made. Defects in materials or workmanship are uncommon and almost always evident while the product is still new. Keep in mind that bags and packs are often subject to extreme wear in everyday use: do not expect them to last forever. Only true love lasts forever! You can expect a TOM BIHN product to give years and years of hard service.
- Benjamin B.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Comfortable, Durable, Easily Adjustable, Versatile1 month agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Comfortable, Durable, Easily Adjustable, VersatileRated 5 starsGreat quality for such a simple item
Great quality for such a simple itemWas this helpful?
- dawn g.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Comfortable, High Quality Craftsmanship, High Quality Finishings, Easily Adjustable2 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Comfortable, High Quality Craftsmanship, High Quality Finishings, Easily AdjustableRated 5 starseasy to use
perfect to use, not bulkyWas this helpful?
- David M.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Versatile4 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts VersatileRated 4 starsGood quality.
Everything to be expected in a waist strap; nothing less, nothing more. Well, except that it detaches. It loses a star because it wasn’t included with the waist pack.Was this helpful?
- Alison H.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Versatile1 month agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts VersatileRated 5 starsNot a fannypack gal
But I am still finding ways to use this as a hip belt to pouchesWas this helpful?
- Kate T.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts High Quality Craftsmanship, Easily Adjustable, High Quality Finishings1 month agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts High Quality Craftsmanship, Easily Adjustable, High Quality FinishingsRated 4 starsGood strap, wish it was wider
Works great and fits me fine. I just wish it was wider.Was this helpful?