Our little origami-style Crane is crafted from scrap fabric by our Seattle factory crew. Though it’s small (about 3” / 80mm), our Crane reflects our larger desire to do a good thing: when you buy a Crane, we’ll donate the entire $20 to a non-profit organization.
In the drop-down menu to the right, choose from the following non-profit organizations:
Seattle Veteran Center (Homeless Veterans Program)
Providing services for veterans in the Seattle area. Donations are earmarked for homeless veterans.
WildEarth Guardians protects and restores the wildlife, wild places, wild rivers, and health of the American West.
The mission of the NAACP is to ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights of all persons and to eliminate race-based discrimination.
An international human rights organization dedicated to action for the civil, political, economic and social rights of girls and women.
The Ally Coalition
The Ally Coalition works with members of the music, fashion, and entertainment worlds to raise awareness and funds in support of LGBTQ equality.
UNICEF works to protect and defend the rights of every child.
Electronic Frontier Foundation
Works to defend civil liberties in the digital world.
1 in 8 people struggle with hunger in the U.S. Feeding America is a hunger organization with a nationwide network of food banks feeding the hungry.
Anne Frank Center for Mutual Respect
The Anne Frank Center for Mutual Respect honors Anne Frank and the continuing relevance of her diary to educate young people and communities in the US about the dangers of intolerance, anti-Semitism, racism, and discrimination, and to inspire every generation to build a world based on mutual respect.
Asian Counseling and Referral Service (ACRS)
CRS promotes social justice and the well-being and empowerment of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders and other underserved communities – including immigrants, refugees, and American-born – by developing, providing and advocating for innovative, effective and efficient community-based multilingual and multicultural services.
- Made in Seattle, Washington, USA
- Shipping is on us! USPS First Class Mail (delivery within 3 - 10 business days within the U.S. or 5 - 14 business days outside of the U.S.)
- Made of ultralight Aether fabric in colors Wasabi, Ultraviolet, and Carbon
- If ordered with other bags or accessories, the Crane will ship right away with those items. Cranes ordered on their own may take between 1 - 3 business days to ship.
- You’re purchasing a Donation Crane from us and we’re making a donation of the entire $20 to the non-profit of your choice. Because the donation is submitted to the non-profit organization by us, you will not be able to claim a tax deduction for your purchase of the Crane. (Transparency: we, TOM BIHN Inc., would be able to claim the tax deduction.) If you’re inspired to make a large donation to any of the non-profit organizations we’ve highlighted (good for you!) we recommend going directly to their websites and submitting the donation personally.
- We have the production capacity in our Seattle factory to make 1,000 cranes per month.
Sewn in Seattle
Our bags are designed and sewn right here in Seattle, Washington, U.S.A.
That allows us to be control freaks in the best way possible; we have direct control and oversight of the quality of our materials, our products, and the jobs and working environment that we help create. It also offers us a unique spontaneity: when we have an idea for a new product or accessory, we can design it, figure out how to build it, add it to our website and be ready to ship it out our front door all within just a few weeks. How cool is that?
Intrigued? You can find out more about the unusual way we do business on our Company Philosophy page.
THE BIHN Guarantee
Everything you buy from us here at TOM BIHN is satisfaction guaranteed. We’ve been in business since 1972 and we stand behind what we make.
If something goes wrong and it's our fault, we'll fix it for free. Repairs due to normal wear and tear or due to other things that are not our fault will be performed, when possible, at a reasonable charge right here in our Seattle factory where your bag was made. Defects in materials or workmanship are uncommon and almost always evident while the product is still new. Keep in mind that bags and packs are often subject to extreme wear in everyday use: do not expect them to last forever. Only true love lasts forever! You can expect a TOM BIHN product to give years and years of hard service.