Note: when limited quantity colors sell out, they're gone for good. Read the description below for more on that!
Think of The Grab Bag as “Snake Charmer meets 3D Cube”. It can be used as an organizer inside of a larger bag and/or you can clip a shoulder strap to its d-rings and use it as a mini shoulder bag. We're certain you'll find plenty of other uses for it as well; we can confirm it’ll fit a large burrito. And, of course, it has grab handles.
That might all be enough fun, but we decided to up our game a bit. Around the factory we have small rolls of rare, retired, or never-before-released colors and fabrics (sample rolls from our suppliers, mostly) sitting on a couple of shelves. These are handsome (and often pricey) fabrics — it seemed a shame to let them languish and never become bags. How about we die-cut the side panels of this new pouch from these rare fabrics? More labor intensive than our usual cutting process, but better than letting these HTF (hard to find) fabrics go to waste!
We high-graded the shelves, putting aside anything we didn’t think would be worthy of your attention, and looked at what we had left. Some of the rolls of fabrics are very small — perhaps only yielding as few as 4-6 Grab Bags total — and others are large enough that we’d be able to keep the Grab Bag stocked for a while at least. Our plan is to release a new set of Grab Bag fabrics/colors each month, until the shelves are bare. It’s going to be a real team effort: the production floor will decide which color of center piece (the part with the zipper) is paired with which die-cut, rare fabric, side panels, and the customer service crew will take and upload photos of all these crazy color combination Grab Bags.
Sewn in Seattle
Our bags are designed and sewn right here in Seattle, Washington, U.S.A.
That allows us to be control freaks in the best way possible; we have direct control and oversight of the quality of our materials, our products, and the jobs and working environment that we help create. It also offers us a unique spontaneity: when we have an idea for a new product or accessory, we can design it, figure out how to build it, add it to our website and be ready to ship it out our front door all within just a few weeks. How cool is that?
Intrigued? You can find out more about the unusual way we do business on our Company Philosophy page.
THE BIHN Guarantee
Everything you buy from us here at TOM BIHN is satisfaction guaranteed. We’ve been in business since 1972 and we stand behind what we make.
If something goes wrong and it's our fault, we'll fix it for free. Repairs due to normal wear and tear or due to other things that are not our fault will be performed, when possible, at a reasonable charge right here in our Seattle factory where your bag was made. Defects in materials or workmanship are uncommon and almost always evident while the product is still new. Keep in mind that bags and packs are often subject to extreme wear in everyday use: do not expect them to last forever. Only true love lasts forever! You can expect a TOM BIHN product to give years and years of hard service.
- Janice H.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Versatile, Good Storage Size2 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Versatile, Good Storage SizeRated 5 starsDeceptively practical
Beautiful bag! I love my plum and olive color combo. This bag is holds way more than I was expecting it to. I added a shoulder strap and will be using it as my personal item on the plane for an upcoming trip and then will use it as a crossbody purse during the days out exploring.
- Julie D.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Good Storage Size, Versatile, Thoughtful Design, Sewn in USA6 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Good Storage Size, Versatile, Thoughtful Design, Sewn in USARated 5 starsJust what I needed
The Grab Bag is the perfect size for my mobile phone accessories -- holds my wall charger & cord, power bank, USB drive, flexible phone stand, and over-the-ear comfort headphones. (some people are minimalists ;-) -- obviously I am not) When in my Maker's Bag, it gets tethered in by one of the shoulder strap rings. Handles on the top & ends so that whether it rides in a bag vertically or horizontally it's just as easy to pull out. Just enough structure to provide a bit of protection for the headphones. So much better than when the phone accessories were in bag pockets. Top handles can go over a doorknob, hook, etc. to keep things handy. The deep color looks sharp and blends in with my main bag colors. Love this purchase!
- DanielVerified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Comfortable, Made in USA, High Quality Craftsmanship, Unique10 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, Comfortable, Made in USA, High Quality Craftsmanship, UniqueRated 5 starsAwesome little bags
I bought two of these (boreal and parapack) not really knowing what I’d do with them, but I found that the size and shape is perfect for holding all the smaller tools I would usually keep in the “everything” drawer. I have a normal sized tool bag filled with hammers and wrenches and such, but that is usually overkill for little tasks around the house. The handles make all the difference! Really a great design.
For a recent move, I used a parapack grab bag for holding a bunch of ropes for tying furniture down in the truck and afterwards filled it with snacks for the drive. The boreal stuff feels stiffer and better suited for tools, while the parapack feels more like a general purpose material that can be used for random stuff like food or clothes.
- Jeremy B.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Finishings, Compact, Durable, Versatile4 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Finishings, Compact, Durable, VersatileRated 5 starsMulti-functional Perfection
These are some of the most useful bag/pouch/organizers you can find. Great for organizing things inside of other bags (kits, or things that need to go together, or standalone for taking something with you in a pinch.
I've probably used the grab bag a few dozen different ways. Carrying two cans of spray paint, or of beer, or a kit of cords/cables and a bluetooth speaker, or a small snack or lunch, and on and on and on.
They also are great as ultra-small packing cubes. For things like a set of workout clothes, or socks and boxers for a short trip.
- John D.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Craftsmanship, Made in USA, Good Storage Size, Versatile7 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Craftsmanship, Made in USA, Good Storage Size, VersatileRated 5 starsGrab Bag - where have you been all my life?!?!
I. Love. The. Grab Bag.
I bought two and plan to purchase more for myself and a friend who commented on one of mine when I used it as a “man clutch” (I think that’s what they’re called). Anyway, the two I have, I really use for the following purposes:
- computer peripherals such as mice, chargers, etc. I used to have a snake charmer, but dog ate it and never bothered to buy another…the Grab Bag is perfect size and fits perfectly in my Synapse 25. I have to carry two laptops and the Grab Bag fits everything for both easily!
- toiletry bag - I have a nice old leather one that is big and bulky and quite frankly not practical for the little trips I’m taking with family these days…the Grab Bag is perfect for everything I need, especially since it fits my elective toothbrush!
The color chooses are fun, craftsmanship is all Tom Bihn, and I know when I buy a Tom Bihn product, I’m supporting a company that takes care of its employees, its community, and its customers.