Designed to be compatible with the Synapse 19, Synik 22, Synapse 25, Guide's Edition Synapse 25, Synik 30, Aeronaut 30, Aeronaut 45, Techonaut 30, or Techonaut 45, the 1" Padded Hip Belt allows you to carry some of the weight of a loaded pack on your hips rather than just your shoulders.
Sold as a matching left and right pair, the pads attach via Gatekeeper clips to the 1″ webbing loops which normally accept the simple webbing waist belt (the one that comes standard with the Synapse 19, Synapse 25, and Smart Alec).
Made of .375″ / 10mm EVA closed cell foam with a protective laminated cover of heavy duty polyester knit, the set of two pads joins front and center with a sturdy, dual adjust side release buckle. The pads are contoured and, when attached to the above mentioned backpacks, form a slight conical shape, encouraging the belt to ride on top of your hip bones.
The 1” Padded Hip Belt is available in one size that adjusts to fits hips measuring between 33″ / 84cm and 50″ / 125cm. Want a different size? We’d be glad to see what we can come up with in the factory: email@example.com.
The 1" Padded Hip Belt is available in your choice of two colors: Black or Coyote. Choose Black to match your Synapse 19, Synik 22, Synapse 25, Synik 30, Aeronaut 30, Aeronaut 45, Techonaut 30, or Techonaut 45, or choose Coyote to match your Guide's Edition Synapse 25.
Good thing to know: the benefits of utilizing webbing or padded hip belts or even a sternum strap, especially in smaller packs, are subjective. Some folks swear by it and others don’t find that it makes much of a difference for them. Our goal is to give you as many options as we can (within the confines of good design) so that you can create the best carrying experience and set-up for yourself. If you make good use of the webbing waist belt included with your Synapse and want a more comfortable version better capable to offset the weight of your pack, the 1" Padded Hip Belt could be a great option for you.
More good things to know: check out this blog post all about the 1" Padded Hip Belt and also Tom's history of Padded Hip Belts and our Guide To Backpack Frames.
Sewn in Seattle
Our bags are designed and sewn right here in Seattle, Washington, U.S.A.
That allows us to be control freaks in the best way possible; we have direct control and oversight of the quality of our materials, our products, and the jobs and working environment that we help create. It also offers us a unique spontaneity: when we have an idea for a new product or accessory, we can design it, figure out how to build it, add it to our website and be ready to ship it out our front door all within just a few weeks. How cool is that?
Intrigued? You can find out more about the unusual way we do business on our Company Philosophy page.
THE BIHN Guarantee
Everything you buy from us here at TOM BIHN is satisfaction guaranteed. We’ve been in business since 1972 and we stand behind what we make.
If something goes wrong and it's our fault, we'll fix it for free. Repairs due to normal wear and tear or due to other things that are not our fault will be performed, when possible, at a reasonable charge right here in our Seattle factory where your bag was made. Defects in materials or workmanship are uncommon and almost always evident while the product is still new. Keep in mind that bags and packs are often subject to extreme wear in everyday use: do not expect them to last forever. Only true love lasts forever! You can expect a TOM BIHN product to give years and years of hard service.
- Terri Y.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Craftsmanship, Sewn in USA, High Quality Finishings, Durable7 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Thoughtful Design, High Quality Craftsmanship, Sewn in USA, High Quality Finishings, DurableRated 5 starsWhat a BACK SAVER !
I purchased a Patagonia Black Hole Mini MLC 26L for traveling. At the time I was not educated enough about the value of hip belts. But after watching Pack Hacker videos on quality travel backpacks, I learned of Tom Bihn, Aer, Goruck, etc... Well, after perusing your website, I discovered accessories I could use to enhance lacking hardware on my MLC. Since I spent a lot for it, I needed to get my monies worth and adding the hip belt makes this backpack a whole lot better, thanks to Tom Bihn !
- Susan C.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Comfortable, Made in USA, High Quality Craftsmanship, Thoughtful Design, High Quality Finishings8 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Comfortable, Made in USA, High Quality Craftsmanship, Thoughtful Design, High Quality FinishingsRated 5 starsPerfection!
This hip belt works brilliantly taking so much of the weight off my shoulders. I do have to tighten as small as it goes but it fits perfectly when snugged up.
- Samantha R.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Comfortable, High Quality Craftsmanship, Easily Adjustable, Sewn in USA, Durable4 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Comfortable, High Quality Craftsmanship, Easily Adjustable, Sewn in USA, DurableRated 5 starsReally helps manage the weight - especially when my backpack is full of chocolate! :)
I travel for chocolate, and the weight of those bars really adds up on my trips. So I bought the padded hip belt to help me balance the load so to speak, and it's a game changer. Really helps shift the load from my shoulders to my hips and makes it easier for me to walk all over a new town, going from chocolate shop to chocolate shop, searching out new chocolately goodness. I can imagine it would do the same for you, no matter what you choose to stuff in your bag. #skiptheclothesmakemore roomfor chocolate
- Deborah R.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Durable, Compact9 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Durable, CompactRated 5 starsPadded hip belt for Techonaut
I bought this for my Techonaut 30 with the intention of international travel. I wanted to try it out and see if it made a difference. It does and I am keeping it. The 30 is not a heavy bag, but I am older and am happier with a bit less weight on my shoulders. FYI the clips are a bit stiff, but become more malleable once they warm up. It’s been a long winter….
- Manuel G.Verified BuyerBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Comfortable, High Quality Craftsmanship, Sewn in USA, Durable, Thoughtful Design2 months agoBought For MyselfProduct Standouts Comfortable, High Quality Craftsmanship, Sewn in USA, Durable, Thoughtful DesignRated 5 starsYour hips will thank you!
I don’t normally use this hip belt, but whenever I’ve had to carry a heavier load, it’s been a God send. I would recommend this as a must-buy if you regularly pack your bag to the max.