Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Off to Seattle! Got tips?

Off to Seattle! Got tips?

With apologies to Tom Waits for taking liberties with his "Heigh Ho!" (The Dwarfs' Marching Song):

Well, I dig dig dig
    Well, I dig in my closet the whole day through
    Dig for TB bags, that is what I like to do
    And it ain't no trick to get my TB fix
    If I dig dig dig, I'll find that perfect mix
    Dig dig dig, the whole day through
    Got to dig dig dig, it's what I like to do -- find TB treasures
    Because they give me a million pleasures
    I got to dig dig dig, from the morning till the night
    Dig dig dig up every bag and pouch in sight
    I got to dig dig dig, in the TB mine, in the TB mine
    Dig up TB bags by the score
    A thousand accessories, sometimes more
    But it is not enough what I am diggin' for, yeah

Heigh-ho, heigh-ho
    It's off to Seattle I go
    I keep on singing all day long
    Heigh-ho

Heigh-ho, heigh-ho
    Must visit the TB Store, I know
    Where I keep on swooning all day long
    Heigh-ho

Heigh-ho, heigh-ho, heigh-ho...
    Last edited by taminca; 07-07-2014 at 12:36 PM.
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Lol I going to smile all through the day with this one!!
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

Taminca, have a great visit, and enjoy your trip to the store. It is just too much fun playing "dress-up" with the bags there, and expect not to leave empty handed, other than perhaps missing part of your pocket book. If you need any specific city tips, let me know, and I would be happy to give some recommendations depending on how long you will be here and whether or not you have visited the city before now. If you prefer to PM, that works too.
    Last edited by NWhikergal; 07-07-2014 at 08:19 AM.
    taminca likes this.

Ah Seattle... What a great city, and one of the few US cities I could see myself moving back to the US to live in (most of the others being in Hawaii... ).

I sadly didn't have time to get out to the TB mothership when I was in town last year, but the wife and I had a great time nonetheless. Here are some interesting tours we did.

Bring your appetite; way too much good food in Seattle, especially the seafood and chowders (sorry New England...)
    taminca likes this.
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

The Dale Chihuly Garden and Glass exhibit is wonderful. It is at the Seattle Centre.

Dale Chihuly - Artist - Home

I say it a lot in this forum but: have fun, take pictures!

Maybe they let you sneak a peak at other colors of the new designs? What am I saying, maybe they let you see the new designs in person! What bag will be accompanying you? (Well what bag in, and which bags out in addition might be the better question ;-) ).

Ilkyway

Taminica is working out her Seattle schedule. Then we'll work on getting a Seattle meetup going! She's up for it!
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Treat her to a nice cop of Coffey and a piece of cake if possible. She has earned it big time!

Quote Originally Posted by monkeylady View Post
    Taminica is working out her Seattle schedule. Then we'll work on getting a Seattle meetup going! She's up for it!
    You betcha! Cannot wait. This feels very similar to TBAS
    -- David Whyte

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    What bag will be accompanying you? (Well what bag in, and which bags out in addition might be the better question ;-) ).
    Ilkyway, not sure yet which bags I will take. Since I will be doing some kayaking and camping, will need to one-bag it. Most likely the A45. SA or S25 if I really, really streamline what I bring. As for which bags out... I am afraid to think about it. I might actually end up needing a bigger closet!
    Ilkyway likes this.
    -- David Whyte

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    Treat her to a nice cop of Coffey and a piece of cake if possible. She has earned it big time!
    Oops. I am so primed to hit "Like" on posts by Ilkyway that I did so without realizing how self-serving that looks on this particular post

Am not expecting free coffee and cake (really!) but am just thrilled to spend time with some Bihnions, having not encountered even one in real life to date!
    Last edited by taminca; 07-07-2014 at 10:54 AM.
    -- David Whyte

I'm super jealous, taminca, but so happy you are going. I hope you take lots more pictures... I've enjoyed every one that you've been kind enough to share with us so far!
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

JLE
    I don't want to hijack the thread, but here's my dilemma! I am planning a family holiday in Canada next year. We'll fly into LA from Australia. How we get from LA to Vancouver is yet to be decided. Obviously Seattle needs to score a place on the itinerary, but the truth is the junior members of my family are unlikely to be dissuaded from the attractions an extra day in Disneyland just so that I can go to my own little TB amusement park!

So, how can I persuade them? What do I need to know about how great Seattle is to visit? Apart from the TB store, that is?!
    Last edited by JLE; 07-07-2014 at 07:55 PM.

How old are your kids?
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

I too am off to Seattle this summer (Aug 26-31) for a combination of sight-seeing during the week and a weekend wedding in Olympic National Park! I'd appreciate any tips or spots that we should visit. Definitely will have to check out the REI flagship store in addition to TB...

@JLE - I've just begun researching Seattle attractions myself, but it looks like they have a very nice aquarium which was always a favorite of mine when I was a youngster.

Thanks in advance to any and all suggestions! @itsablur - That Seattle bites tour looks right up our alley!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0