Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Off to Seattle! Got tips?

Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    Any frequent-flying kayakers/campers out there with packing advice?
    If you're used to camping trips where you can load up your car, I'd suggest just checking a big bag with all your gear (and focusing on your TB bag(s) for your carry-on personal items). I fly across the country to camp at a music festival every summer, and it's basically the only time I check a bag anymore. I load up my giant suitcase to close to 50 pounds (tent, sleeping bag, sleeping pad, portable chair that may be roughly equivalent to your seat cushion + lumbar pad, clothes and footwear for lots of weather including cold and downpours, snacks...). If I wanted to, I could probably pare it down and borrow a tent, but I like being self-sufficient and comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    Do you have a recommendation for an inflatable pillow? I have not had good luck with previous ones. What I have now is REI's Backpacker Pillow, somewhat comfy but it does take up a bit of space.
    I used to use a somewhat bulky compressible pillow, but I just got a new Cocoon one (Ultralight Air-Core Hood/Camp Pillow). I haven't tried it yet, but it's small enough packed that you could probably fit two in a Size 1 Travel Stuff Sack. And its color name is Wasabi (though a darker green than TB's Wasabi).
    taminca likes this.

In terms of camping gear, if you're careful, you can keep it pretty compact. I use this stuff sack pillow Therm-a-Rest Stuff Sack Pillow at REI.com which is really convenient, and I find the small size (big enough to be used as a stuff sack for most modern sleeping bags) comfortable to sleep on when stuffed with a compact down jacket and fleece (I'm small so a bigger person might use only their down jacket).
    taminca likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0