Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Anyone ever fly Lufthansa?

Anyone ever fly Lufthansa?

I'm taking Lufthansa for the first time on a trip to Europe in September, and wondered if anyone has any info on this airline. I've flown British Airways, and love the entertainment choices (TV on the back of the seat; many movies, tv and other entertainment) as well as the roominess of the seats. I'd appreciate hearing about any experiences with service, seats, overhead space, underseat space, etc. you may have. Thanks!
    Indigo/Solar Western Flyer, Aubergine/Steel Tri Star, Nordic/Steel Aeronaut, Indigo/Solar Synapse, Cocoa/Wasabi Small Cafe Bag, Black/Wasabi Small Cafe Bag, Black/Steel Co-Pilot, Aubergine/Hemp/Steel Imago, Wasabi Dyneema and Nordic Dyneema Small Shop Bags, Solar Dyneema and Nordic Dyneema Large Shop Bags, Indigo, Wasabi Dyneema, and Plum 3D Organizer Cubes, Wasabi Dyneema Travel Tray, Wasabi Dyneema Large Yarn Stuff Sack, Small, Mini and Pen/Pencil Pouches, an assortment of key straps

Flew Lufthansa years ago. I can't specifically address the details of storage capacity but I do remember the cabin crew as being gracious and professional. I also remember that the pilots, as on other European airlines, seem to turn off the seatbelt sign almost immediately after takeoff, something I am not used to on American carriers! And if you are traveling with a kid, they have a very cute character named Luftikus to teach kids about aircraft.

I remember liking both British Airways and Lufthansa for international travel very much. Sorry I don't have more specifics.

Their web page, travellers website like Flyertalk and SeatGuru should help you decide.

You will find the size, weight and number of carryon limit, the procedure for printing or downloading your eticket, on the first; the consistency of their level of service and the entertainment their offer from frequent flyers from the second and the best seat on your aircraft from the third.

Make sure to download a pdf of the airport you will be landing in and departing from and study it as well as means to leave from or get to it.

I just found this website when searching Lufthansa reviews:

Lufthansa Economy Class Seat Reviews | SKYTRAX

I have a soft spot for Lufthansa seeing as they were the first airline to upgrade me to first class, and have done so several times since. I still have the little Rimowa amenity kits somewhere... Their service in my experience is always very polite, efficient and consistent. In-flight entertainment is good, multi language consoles with plenty of selection of movies/programs/radio/map/games. Seats are cozy enough, food in all classes is above average. Overall they make you feel very willkommen!

Quote Originally Posted by Miking View Post
    food in all classes is above average.
    I just remembered - the delicious taste of Schweppes Bitter Lemon; I hope they still serve this on board. My German seatmate requested this and I followed suit. Absolutely delicious!

I've always heard good thing about them. I will be flying them for the first time in about a month on our way back from Italy.

I have to call them but although they have a wide variety of meal choices, they don't seem one that would fit my husband and I (dairy free vegetarian).

I, too, have heard wonderful things about Lufthansa. I haven't flown with them yet, but I will be next time I fly to Germany since I get a discount and automatic upgrade to business class as a job perk! Whoop whoop!

I fly from the UK to Germany almost every week with Lufthansa. Overall I think they give a good service ... flights are usually on-time and they don't charge for drinks and a snack on-board. Luggage-wise you get a carry-on and and a personal item in Economy. I always take my Tri-Star as a carry-on; if it can fit inside then my Cadet goes in the middle compartment of the Tri-Star, otherwise this is my personal item. Never been asked to check in my Tri-Star.

Quote Originally Posted by Leena View Post
    I've always heard good thing about them. I will be flying them for the first time in about a month on our way back from Italy.

I have to call them but although they have a wide variety of meal choices, they don't seem one that would fit my husband and I (dairy free vegetarian).
    I was on the website yesterday and found the special meals options. I believe the meal you would want to order is the Vegetarian (Western) meal. Here's the link where I found the vegetarian/no dairy option. Hope this helps!

Lufthansa United States of America - Special meals
    Leena likes this.
    Indigo/Solar Western Flyer, Aubergine/Steel Tri Star, Nordic/Steel Aeronaut, Indigo/Solar Synapse, Cocoa/Wasabi Small Cafe Bag, Black/Wasabi Small Cafe Bag, Black/Steel Co-Pilot, Aubergine/Hemp/Steel Imago, Wasabi Dyneema and Nordic Dyneema Small Shop Bags, Solar Dyneema and Nordic Dyneema Large Shop Bags, Indigo, Wasabi Dyneema, and Plum 3D Organizer Cubes, Wasabi Dyneema Travel Tray, Wasabi Dyneema Large Yarn Stuff Sack, Small, Mini and Pen/Pencil Pouches, an assortment of key straps

Quote Originally Posted by GoStanford View Post
    I just remembered - the delicious taste of Schweppes Bitter Lemon; I hope they still serve this on board. My German seatmate requested this and I followed suit. Absolutely delicious!
    Thanks for the tip! I love trying local food and drinks! This is definitely on my list for the plane now.

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Their web page, travellers website like Flyertalk and SeatGuru should help you decide.

You will find the size, weight and number of carryon limit, the procedure for printing or downloading your eticket, on the first; the consistency of their level of service and the entertainment their offer from frequent flyers from the second and the best seat on your aircraft from the third.

Make sure to download a pdf of the airport you will be landing in and departing from and study it as well as means to leave from or get to it.

I just found this website when searching Lufthansa reviews:

Lufthansa Economy Class Seat Reviews | SKYTRAX
    Thanks for the websites. I was familiar with SeatGuru but had never heard of FlyerTalk. Looks like they have a thread devoted to all things Lufthansa. Handy!

Quote Originally Posted by dwright17 View Post
    I was on the website yesterday and found the special meals options. I believe the meal you would want to order is the Vegetarian (Western) meal. Here's the link where I found the vegetarian/no dairy option. Hope this helps!

Lufthansa United States of America - Special meals
    Thanks a bunch! I totally missed that.

I flew KLM last May and they made me check my TRI-STAR which was my carry on item. I thought I was going to have a seizure. My friends flying on Lufthansa at the same time had no issues. Just beware any airline if you are connecting. It doesn't matter what is "allowed" when your first leg is your smaller plane.
    ~ one of virtually everything ~ Happy victim of Tom Bihn mind control

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by RhoFro View Post
    I flew KLM last May and they made me check my TRI-STAR which was my carry on item. I thought I was going to have a seizure. My friends flying on Lufthansa at the same time had no issues. Just beware any airline if you are connecting. It doesn't matter what is "allowed" when your first leg is your smaller plane.
    It's unfortunate that they made you check your Tri-Star. It's one of those bags that can even fit under the seat in front of you (provided you have a seat in front of you).

When I flew KLM a few years back, they wanted to verify that my Aeronaut did not exceed their carry-on sizing requirements. They were satisfied once they did -

I flew with them again in 2012. On that trip, I had my Aeronaut, as did 3 of my travel companions. There was also a Western Flyer in the mix. We had no issues on any of the legs we flew.

Another time, I flew Lufthansa. They didn't ask about the Aeronaut on my back. But my travel companion who had a roll aboard and a small backpack was made to check the roll aboard.

I think it just depends on who you get at the check in counter and at the gate, and how full the flight is.

Quote Originally Posted by GoStanford View Post
    I'm not sure if I could bring myself to drink a bitter citrusy beverage after the incident....

One time I went to World of Coca-cola in Atlanta and one of their features there is pop fountains where you can freely sample dozens of flavors that coke sells throughout the world. There was one named "Beverly" apparently an Italian soft drink which is billed as “Beverly, with its bitter flavor, is a popular non-alcoholic aperitif that stimulates the appetite before dinner.” What it should have said is "grapefruit death with the bitter taste of betrayal and hate with an ashtray aftertaste, guaranteed to suppress hunger and make you drink mop water to get the taste out of your mouth" it is like someone bottled the feeling you get when you lose something, it is really that offensive.

On a side note World of Coca-cola is usually included in the admission to the Georgia Aquarium which is absolutely stunning and highly recommended! Also I believe there are several other places like Las Vegas and Epcot center where you can sample Beverly in all of it's disgusting glory!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0