Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Bag for walking around DC

Quote Originally Posted by dwschoon View Post
    Thanks for all the input and suggestions for activities in DC. I have settled on the Pilot with a cache for my rMPB. I may get a camera insert for walking about dc. Do you suggest upgrading to the ultimate shoulder strap?

Edit: I don't plan to carry my laptop when sightseeing. I'll probably carry my dell venue 8 pro though, along with a usb battery for our phones, a filter water bottle, and some snacks. I read somewhere else about the bobble fitting.
    Definitely upgrade to the Absolute Shoulder Strap, it is worth it, even with a minimalist packed bag.

It makes any TB Shoulder Bag feel weightless. All my Large Cafe Bags have one.

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Definitely upgrade to the Absolute Shoulder Strap, it is worth it, even with a minimalist packed bag.

It makes any TB Shoulder Bag feel weightless. All my Large Cafe Bags have one.
    +1. I have an absolute shoulder strap with my pilot and can't imagine using it any other way when carrying my 15" rmbp. For the co-pilot or for when you are carrying a lighter load, though, the standard strap is actually better than the absolute strap, especially if you carry your bags cross body / messenger style. The absolute strap doesn't really lend itself well to cross body carrying IMHO. This is because of the sticky material on the underside of the strap. The standard strap is much better for this as it allows you to quickly swing the bag around from the back to the front of your body/etc. I tried this with the absolute strap a few times and I could not figure out a good way to position the strap so I could swing the bag around my body to get quick access.

In any case, if you get the absolute strap you'll still have the standard strap so depending on the use for that day you can choose which one you prefer to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by tangfj View Post
    +1. I have an absolute shoulder strap with my pilot and can't imagine using it any other way when carrying my 15" rmbp. For the co-pilot or for when you are carrying a lighter load, though, the standard strap is actually better than the absolute strap, especially if you carry your bags cross body / messenger style. The absolute strap doesn't really lend itself well to cross body carrying IMHO. This is because of the sticky material on the underside of the strap. The standard strap is much better for this as it allows you to quickly swing the bag around from the back to the front of your body/etc. I tried this with the absolute strap a few times and I could not figure out a good way to position the strap so I could swing the bag around my body to get quick access.

In any case, if you get the absolute strap you'll still have the standard strap so depending on the use for that day you can choose which one you prefer to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Indeed, the Standard Shoulder Strap is wonderful when you have a lighter load. I used to prefer the Absolute Shoulder Strap because, as backpack mentioned, it magically makes your load feel lighter. But as of late, I prefer to carry a backpack if I am carrying a heavier load (and that means even if I am carrying my 13" Macbook Air). So if I am carrying a bag that has a shoulder strap, it means that I am carrying a fairly light load. And for that, I prefer the Standard Shoulder Strap.
    -m

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0