Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Great iPhone App for Packing List & To-Do For Travelers: TripList

Hey TB folks,

I wanted to quickly share an interesting iPhone app for creating a packing and to-do list for traveling. It's called TripList, exclusively for the iPhone and iPad, sorry I don't think there is an Android version yet. I just downloaded it and created a packing list in about 5 minutes, very clean interface and simple to use. It's free with small ads on the bottom of the screen, there is an ad-free version for $2.99. I always seem to forget to pack at least one thing so this app should help me to bring everything I need. I hope this app is helpful to my fellow TB travelers. :-)

Thanks!!

Thanks for the tip! I currently use Packing Pro - possibly not as quick and easy as TripList, but I love the way you can build a custom list of bags and assign each item to one of them - perfect for the OCD organisers among us! (Though I have to resist the temptation to list every TB cube/pouch and its contents...). It also syncs between iPhone and iPad via the cloud, so I usually set up lists on my iPad and then use the iPhone to check everything off whilst packing.

QuinnScape - Packing Pro Travel App for the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
    Collections:
    Work EDC: SE + S19 (summer); SE + SA (winter)
    Leisure: some combination of SE/SCB/MCB/Swift/LS/FJN/DLBC/Imago/SSB
    Travel: WF + Pilot/DLBP + SE/SCB or SA + SE/SCB
    General organisation: More pouches, stuff sacks and cubes than you can shake a keystrap at!
    Favourite TB colours: aubergine, forest (sniff!), linen, wasabi, UV
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini + Moleskine; a Linen Side Effect; the return of Portable Culture!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by scribe View Post
    Thanks for the tip! I currently use Packing Pro - possibly not as quick and easy as TripList, but I love the way you can build a custom list of bags and assign each item to one of them - perfect for the OCD organisers among us! (Though I have to resist the temptation to list every TB cube/pouch and its contents...). It also syncs between iPhone and iPad via the cloud, so I usually set up lists on my iPad and then use the iPhone to check everything off whilst packing.

Packing Pro was the packing list app recommendation that Darcy passed on 4 years ago in this packing list apps for iPod touch please thread.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Packing Pro was the packing list app recommendation that Darcy passed on 4 years ago in this packing list apps for iPod touch please thread.
    Great minds think alike
    Collections:
    Work EDC: SE + S19 (summer); SE + SA (winter)
    Leisure: some combination of SE/SCB/MCB/Swift/LS/FJN/DLBC/Imago/SSB
    Travel: WF + Pilot/DLBP + SE/SCB or SA + SE/SCB
    General organisation: More pouches, stuff sacks and cubes than you can shake a keystrap at!
    Favourite TB colours: aubergine, forest (sniff!), linen, wasabi, UV
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini + Moleskine; a Linen Side Effect; the return of Portable Culture!

Quote Originally Posted by scribe View Post

No problem scribe, I'm always happy to share travel tips with my fellow TB board members. I'll definitely check out Packing Pro.

Thanks!!

Anyone have a good recommendation for Android? I haven't looked into any of the myriad options, but I thought perhaps someone might have....

@jmoz, if it helps: I use Evernote. I have all my packing lists tagged so I can look at them and assemble a new list quickly. I used to have some packing apps but I've found that Evernote is perfect for me and is available on all my devices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm the same as Badger. I use Evernote and have a separate Travel notebook, and have sub-folders per country. Packing lists for each trip are placed in those sub-folders and have a tag for "Packing List" and the name of the country.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0