Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Travel pillow

dlg

Travel pillow

I just booked a long flight, so I'm in the market for a travel pillow. I bought the one Eagle Creek makes, and it seems nice... But it's awfully bulky. Any recommendations?

"Nothing" doesn't count, the last time I fell asleep on a plane I kinked my neck so bad I couldn't hold my head up straight for a day after.

Thanks!

I would have a look at the inflatable one made by Thermarest as is compresses somewhat.

It depends if you like the kind that wrap around your neck and/or inflate, or something more like a regular pillow. I like this stuff sack from REI. The inside is fleece, so that if you turn it inside-out and fill it with a jacket or spare piece of clothing, it is a nice pillow. I find this useful when I had a window seat; not sure how it would work with a middle or aisle. The stuff sack itself doesn't take up a lot of space, and can also be useful while traveling.

dlg
    That's a good point, bchaplain. I think I want something that wraps around my neck.

I have bought the Seat Snoozer to try on my next long flight, but I haven't used it yet, so I'm not sure. I've never had good luck with travel pillows, but I like the idea of the Seat Snoozer, even though it looks ridiculous.
    snowbot, nsh and K9TB like this.

dlg
    That's pretty weird, jmoz.
    jmoz likes this.

jmoz, I am definitely looking forward to your review. Bonus points if you include a photo of yourself Seat Snoozing.

I use the Travelrest pillow. Another stupid looking solution. I like a pillow that sits between my ear and my shoulder. I do not like the pillow behind my neck, assuming I'm sitting almost upright in coach.

It wraps around me like a Miss America sash. My arm rests in it like it's a wrist sling. The weight of my arm keeps the pillow from moving, so I can move my head and the pillow stays put.

http://www.amazon.com/Travelrest-Inf...g_bs_3732121_9

A zippered pillowcase stuffed with the extra layers one doesn't need to wear when the flight is warm enough for sleep or leftover plastic bags which will be used to house dirty laundry on the way back or in between laundromat run, if the trip is long or one is particularly spill prone.

I got a cabeau evolution travel pillow from an inmotion store in the airport. It works really well and packs in to a small included pouch. You can find it here.

http://amzn.com/B004ZIDXK2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I second the Cabeau pillow. I've gone through a lot of travel pillows and this is by far the most comfortable. It wraps around your neck fully or you can leave it open in the front. It's filled with memory foam, which makes it both comfortable since it adjusts to the contours of your neck and head as well as packable.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Ikea sells U-shaped travel pillows in their travel section and I love them because they are inflatable. I have had mine for a few years now. 20 minutes before your flight lands, deflate the pillow, roll it up and put it in your bag. No space taken. Ikea sells them very cheaply. You can make them as firm or as soft as you need to.
    Pilot, Co-Pilot, Synapse 25, Side Effect,small shop bag, large shop bag, travel tray, 3D Organizer Cube

Quote Originally Posted by jmoz View Post
    I have bought the Seat Snoozer to try on my next long flight, but I haven't used it yet, so I'm not sure. I've never had good luck with travel pillows, but I like the idea of the Seat Snoozer, even though it looks ridiculous.
    For anyone who was wondering, I did not care for the SeatSnoozer after trying it. It did what it claimed, but it was somewhat uncomfortable, and it turns out that the wings on the headrest are far more effective. No photos because, well, I wasn't going to ask someone to take a photo of me wearing an absurd contraption that didn't even work well.

ostrich pillow light is the best travel pillow I've ever used.
    http://www.studiobananathings.com/?p...h-pillow-light

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Ilkyway likes this.

wow, those ostrich pillows are the craziest thing ever! i love that huge one that makes you look like an alien cyclops. amazing.
    Ilkyway likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0