Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By snowbot
  • 1 Post By Frank II
  • 1 Post By AHChappell

Thread: Travel laundry Kickstarter campaign

Travel laundry Kickstarter campaign

I thought this Kickstarter campaign for a travel laundry kit might be of interest to some of you. I backed it. It's a small and portable laundry bag for handwashing without hands. Laundreez - the smarter way to travel. by Laundreez — Kickstarter

I use either a 2 gallon Ziploc bag or a 2 1/2 gallon Hefty bag.....whichever I can find. Works great and weighs nothing.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

As the creator of Laundreez I would do the same until the Zips stopped being aligned or got bent. OR, after washing I would pour out the water AND the clothes all fell out and I would have to wash again. Unfortunately living in the UK we do not have access to as many disposable items. Always, trying to be 'Green' here.

Quote Originally Posted by roadpotato View Post
    65 Bucks for a plastic sack.

As the creator of Laundreez, it is nice to hear people ARE looking for practical, economical solutions for cleaning clothes when away from home.

I reviewed the "Scrubba" on my website. While it was well made, and could be of use on an extended camping or backpacking trip where clothes tend to get very dirty, I found it to be "overkill" for the average traveler. Too big, too heavy, too expensive.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Laundreez can also be used as a dry bag, a bag to carry water, a bag to carry wet items, a bag to carry in your big bag all those items which could leak (i.e. Toiletries). When travelling you might use it for so many things other than washing!

Interesting, thanks! I could see myself using that for workout clothes and swimsuits when travelling.

Good luck with your Kickstarter project, @AHChappell. I pledged for one, so I hope it succeeds!
    I have used Ziploc bags in the past to wash my clothes while traveling, but it looks like this will be easier to use.

@FrankII and @Skoop - way too expensive indeed. I still use my old but reliable sea2summit drysack for laundry if needed and I actually like handwashing so I don't mind so much.

Goodluck @AHChappell. I do totally support the great idea. I sincerely hope it would be an affordable innovation for an average traveler.

I'm on the Kickstarter website, but I don't understand the Pledge rewards - pledge 16 or more and you get 4 off the Laudreez, pledge 18 or more and you get 2 off? I thought it would be the other way around. I can't be reading it right... Can you help, snowbot, AHChappell or bchaplin? Thank you! Am really interested in this.

Quote Originally Posted by helen_uk View Post
    I'm on the Kickstarter website, but I don't understand the Pledge rewards - pledge 16 or more and you get 4 off the Laudreez, pledge 18 or more and you get 2 off? I thought it would be the other way around. I can't be reading it right... Can you help, snowbot, AHChappell or bchaplin? Thank you! Am really interested in this.
    The bag will retail for 20.00, the first 500 to back the campaign for with a pledge of 14.00 at a minimum will receive a Laundreez as token thank you. Kickstarter is a crowd funding vehicle. It is not a retail outlet. I hope that helps.

Many thanks for that AHChappell. Good luck with the Laundreez!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0