Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Luggage tag recommendations?

Luggage tag recommendations?

Although I would love to see the triumphant return of the TB luggage tag, it doesn't seem like it's happening soon. (Beau or Darcy- feel free to correct me. Please!) Does anyone have recommendations for high-quality luggage tags? I'd like something for my Tri-Star and for my (preordered) Pilot. Smaller is likely better than larger, but something that'll hold up is definitely better than something that won't.

My apologies if I've missed luggage tag recommendations elsewhere on the forums; my brief searching didn't turn up much other than the discussions of the TB tags.

Thanks!

I use custom dog tags from Dog Tags, Pet ID Tags, and Cat ID Tags from Love Your Pets. They have a variety of shapes and colors.
    Lani and jmoz like this.
    Synapse 19, Co-pilot, Travel Tray, PCSB, Western Flyer, all in Dyneema, Side Effect and pouchmania

I have a copper dog tag on my S25 and I got one for Oliver, he is, after all, a dog. I think I got then at dogtag.com. They were custom printed and the pair was around eight dollars with free shipping. I really like them.
    Moose
    snowbot and jmoz like this.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Ooh, I like this idea! I hadn't thought of dog tags! Looking around, I found these, which seem cool, if a tad expensive.

I think I'll get the paracord to color coordinate with my TB. Can anyone who's better with colors than I am offer an opinion on whether "Navy" or "Midnight Navy" is a better match for the TB navy ballistic nylon and which yellow (regular or neon) is the best match for solar? I'd be very obliged.

I ordered the tag described above (after guessing on colors), and it's very nice. If anyone's looking for a nice tag (albeit not especially cheap), I recommend it.
    Last edited by jmoz; 01-23-2014 at 12:26 PM.
    Moose likes this.

A Mini Clear Pouch serves nicely for that purpose. Strong, it is a Tom Bihn item. Upgradable, a business card or a couple (reflecting the various stops in a multiple location journey) can be easily slipped in. Color Coded to one's bag.

Note that I know how to use one in the small pocket of the Brain Bag but I still have to brainstorm about making it work in the outside of the bag.

I am thinking a zipper pull threaded between the clip and the o ring behind the rotating mechanism but the more ideas are needed, especially from forum members who know a thing or two about paracords and various attachments mechanisms.
    Last edited by backpack; 01-23-2014 at 09:21 PM.
    Walker likes this.

I just did a quick search on Etsy and there are many options for beautiful, handmade luggage tags.

Etsy - Your place to buy and sell all things handmade, vintage, and supplies
    LCB, S19, SE, Co-Pilot, wallet, pouches

I don't know if these are interesting to you, but it use luggage tags from Rapha House. It's an organization that rescues girls out of trafficking. The girls are taught sewing skills, and then they sell the items they make. I am the ministry leader of our church bookstore, and I stock a lot of their items. I believe the tags cost $4.00 each. You can get them (I think) at www.raphahouse.org/take-action/freedom-store
    Here are a few photos:

And here are a couple others:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+1 on Moose's recommendation. Military Dog Tags Generator : Make and buy personalized Dog tags for people and pets with the online dogtag builder..

Approximately $8 for:
    --2 custom-embossed stainless steel tags (content on each tag need not be identical)
    --2 silencers (soft silicone rings that cover the tag edges and prevent clanging--your choice of several colors, colors need not be identical)
    --2 chains (your choice of material and long or short length, need not be identical)

Great value, good durability, silencers can color coordinate with your bag. Highly recommend!

AWESOME!!! Love that website!!! Thank you!!

If you don't mind price, this place engraves on both sides of the tag:
    Boomerang Pet Tags: Guaranteed to last. Mailed today, Free Shipping.

Just a tip for safety/privacy....luggage tags should never have your home address on them. People have checked names and addresses of travelers on their luggage tags as they then know that those travelers' homes will be empty for burglary. Best to use an office address or maybe a neighbors. Also, I have 2 friends who work at American Airlines and Delta. Both recommend the security luggage tags that have a flap that has to be opened to view the tag information, again to keep unscrupulous persons from seeing your information.
    DESPERATELY SEEKING: Black/Iberian Western Flyer, AND Black/Iberian Citizen Canine
    Cork/Iberian Swift, Cork Organizer Wallet, Cardinal OP, Iberian Yarn Stuff Sacks (all 3 sizes) Black/Iberian Side Effect, Black/Iberian Aeronaut, Iberian PCBP, Iberian PCSB, Iberian Travel Tray, Iberian Travel Stuff Sacks (all 4 sizes), Navy/Solar Synapse 25, Black/Iberian Ristretto for iPad

Good point, gotta keep that in mind for traveling in the future!

1. Luggage tags can catch on things, which is problematic for checked luggage. Sturdy ones become worse in that situation. So I use the ones provided by the airline, and enter just my email. Even then it's a secondary email account does not reveal gender.

2. A phone number is good if you have a local number instead of forcing a good samaritan to make an international call. I use my Google Voice number so it can't be looked up in a reverse directory, and in my destination country might right in the phone number from my temporary local SIM as well.

3. Be careful what I.D. you place INSIDE your bag in case it ends up in unfriendly hands.

Bonus: Manage your keys carefully. You don't want to have your home address and your keys taken at the same time. FedEx etc. can get your keys and address back to a local burglar before you can get home. Also, don't pack a password list in your travel bags or clothing.

So for me, accessory luggage tags, even those with privacy flaps, are non-starters.

I really like OKOBAN luggage tags and stickers (available at Brookstone and other locations). They're simple metal tags with ID numbers printed on them. You register the ID number(s) online with your info.

The great thing about the OKOBAN system is that it is part of the WorldTracer system, which is the lost and found database used by airlines, airports, train stations, TSA, etc. So if your tagged item is found by one of these organizations, they will enter your ID into WorldTracer and you will be automatically notified. If an individual finds your bag, they can enter the ID online and you will automatically receive a message that your item was found.
    ~Adam
    ~~~~~~~~
    Bags: Aeronaut, Tri-Star, Super Ego, Buzz, Brain Cell Size 4Z & 6X, {Small Cafe & Synapse - Controlled by Wife!}
    Accessories: Backpack packing cubes (aeronaut, tri-star), Various Packing Cubes, Passport Pouch, Absolute Straps, QAM, Various Other Pouches, Freudian Slip

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0