buying airline tickets in UK

hello folks

I have to fly from Glasgow to Southampton-- and my cousin said to do flybe.com
    It only gives me cost in pounds-- does anyone know if I can buy with US credit card?
    before u all laugh let me say that there are some airlines in India that won't let u buy with a foreign credit card; and I also ran into this elsewhere.

alternatively can someone buy it there for me? any issues?

thanks
    shiva

Not a problem. The banks will do the conversion for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Make sure your credit card company knows your dates and destinations of travel. This is for fraud protection on your card.

thanks for the quick response; and yes: will have to inform credit card company. do you know if there are restrictions for someone there buying a ticket for a US citizen?

There are no restrictions buying a ticket for a U.S. Citizen in most of the world. Remember, however, that the money conversion won't be made until the purchase is processed and many credit card companies will charge you a fee for buying in another currency. Check with your card company to find out how much.

You might be better off buying from a site like Kayak or Skyscanner in U.S. dollars and save the credit card fee. Just see if the fare is the same.

If you google "Currency Converter," a currency converter will come up. Just change it to which two currencies you want to compare.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva View Post
    thanks for the quick response; and yes: will have to inform credit card company. do you know if there are restrictions for someone there buying a ticket for a US citizen?
    With your credit card or someone else's? If someone there is purchasing for you, they may need to purchase on their own card and you reimburse. That person will need all your particulars: name and address, of course, passport info, DOB, etc. This shouldn't be a problem. After all, this is what travel agents do on your behalf in foreign countries.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0