Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By monkeylady
  • 4 Post By Frank II

Thread: I Am in Need of Backpack Travel Tutoring

Smile I Am in Need of Backpack Travel Tutoring

I have always used a pack for EDC on my travels, but I have never lived out of a backpack. I am going to south America for 2 1/2 weeks in Feb 2014. I will be staying at 5 different places in this configuration: 1. One night, 2. One night, 3. 4 nights, 4. 5 nights, 5. 5 nights. I am planning to take my Synapse 25 and a smaller handcarry and that's it. I've already practiced packed my pack and it works for my clothing. The Synapse will be my EDC at most locations.

My question has to do with how you manage to organize and keep track of your stuff when you are truly one bag traveling without losing your mind and wishing you had bought and brought a set of Samsonite. I have always used a small rolling bag and taken a pack with me. My suitcase becomes my "dresser" on the road. We will be staying at some pretty funky places that will likely have no place to store clothing when I need to unpack my Synapse for ED use.

I know the question is naive, but please humor an old lady. I would appreciate hearing how others manage this.
    Hollie likes this.
    Synapse 25 Steel D/Wasabi, Side Effects: Black/Wasabi, Steel D/Wasabi; PCSBs in UV, wasabi, and steel; Large Shop Bags: 2 Nordic, 2 Solar; 2 sm. Shop Bag UV; CoPilot Black D/Wasabi; black D/wasabi Pilot; 3 Travel Trays; 3 Clear 1/4 packing cubes;
    wallets; number padded pouches and clear organizer pouches, key straps, double carabiners galore, and soon to be the mother of an aubergine/UV SE AND an Aeronaut Junior!!!!!!!!! (Darcy says soon.)

JLE
    I am absolutely no expert at this, but if you use packing cubes or a PC backpack inside the Synapse, could these assist with storage and management of clothes during the day when the Synapse is out discovering South America?

Packing Cubes and Pouches. They will not only keep you organized but allow you to easily pull your contents out of the Synapse for daily use.

You already have a PCBP, Side Effect and other pouches. See how much they'll hold. If you need more, you can look at other Tom Bihn items or check out the ultralightweight Specter line at Eagle Creek.

If you can consolidate everything you're taking into 2-3 packing cubes, then all you'll have to take out at your destinations are those three items since everything else will be packed inside them.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0