Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Travel-friendly Halloween costumes

Travel-friendly Halloween costumes

I'm going to be in London for Halloween this year, as I'm doing a multi-week trip to Iceland/UK in late October/early November. I'm packing very minimal, boring clothing as I'm only bringing a S19 and SCB. What are some good Halloween costumes that don't take up a lot of room? I may just do what I did the last time I needed a costume abroad (buy some stuff there and leave it with my friends when I go), but I was wondering if anyone had any go-to travel costume ideas.

What about Groucho mustache and glasses, a vest, and a cigar?
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Folks in London may not get it though.
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Andy Warhol. Wear all black, gray wig (mussed up just so), optional glasses. I was going to suggest Rosie the Riveter at first, but I don't think that would make any sense overseas!

Actually, I recently returned from Ireland and saw Rosie's face multiple times there...I think I recall having seen her when I was in GB several months back. I am not sure about other parts of the world... :-)

Another option is to think about the Color(s) you typically travel with...any food, insect, character etc come to mind? Also consider the possibilities of large trash/leaf bags...I once saw someone dressed as a bag of jelly beans (clear bag, inflated balloons, ribbon around the neck). Also think about what you will have easy access to once you are at your destination. Have fun and remember to post photos. :-)
    Lots of assorted purples, some blues, and a bit of black: 2S19, 5SE, 2WF, MCB, SCB, Imago, 2S, LS, TT, K, 2QC, 5 3D, 4WFSBPC, 2WFBPPC, FJNB, 4Wallets, 4LSB, 2SSB, DLBP, Pilot, Assorted sacks, packing cubes, organizer pouches, key straps :-)

Hi *waves*

Long time browser, and just HAD to sign up to reply to this thread. WHERES WALDO. All items that can be used whilst travelling....

Beanie - (November, it will be a bit chilly)
    Red striped shirt - relatively light to pack and oh so fashionable hahaha (use as an under layer/pajamas for general travel use during trip)
    Pants - any blue pants/jeans/leggings
    Glasses - the plastic frames would be quite light
    Walking stick - tree branch from the hosts' garden

If you have a yellow top and red shoes you can go as a #2 pencil.
    Zombies are trendy and you can do that effect with makeup only, no costume needed.
    Wear all black and go as a ninja.

Eh, costumes.

Just take the clothes you would normally wear for clubbing, and if anyone asks what you are, say (with a perfectly straight face) "The hotness."

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Eh, costumes.

Just take the clothes you would normally wear for clubbing, and if anyone asks what you are, say (with a perfectly straight face) "The hotness."
    Or mess up said clothes and go as "hungover"

Quote Originally Posted by Rocks View Post
    Or mess up said clothes and go as "hungover"
    Hahaha—"I'm the Walk of Shame!"
    tCook likes this.

Magic 8 Ball. Wear all black. Cut Magic 8 ball circle out of poster board and hang around neck. Either have the standard "answers" on paper and draw them out randomly after person asks question and shakes you or download the magic 8 ball app on your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by hamiltee View Post
    Magic 8 Ball. Wear all black. Cut Magic 8 ball circle out of poster board and hang around neck. Either have the standard "answers" on paper and draw them out randomly after person asks question and shakes you or download the magic 8 ball app on your phone.
    One year, I wore all black, attached glow sticks to my tummy, and went as a lightning bug. I think I also made wings out of coat hangers, but I can't remember. I'm old and it was a long time ago.

Thanks for all the great ideas! I'll have to think on this some more but I'm leaning strongly towards the all-black-with-stuff ideas (or possibly "hungover").

Black cat. All u need is the headband that holds the ears, black t shirt, black leggings or jeans, a fuzzy homemade tail, black gloves with home made paper claws, and you're done. Maybe just the ears and some face paint for whiskers? That's my quickie goto costume when I need one.

Lady Godiva
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0