Like Tree9Likes
  • 6 Post By Darcy
  • 2 Post By Moose
  • 1 Post By moriond

Thread: Top travel sites (and the new One Bag, One World)

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar

Top travel sites (and the new One Bag, One World)

Curious: what are your go-to sites for travel tips/information?

And btw.. have you guys seen the new One Bag, One World? A very nice new design + new forums + even more new content (and lots of travel tips.)
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Darcy, I like OBOW. Frank does good stuff. A lot of experienced travelers hang around his site.

I also like journeywoman.com. They have a lot of tips from people's first hand experience. It is geared primarilly toward women but there are a lot of tips that guys can make good use of too.
    Moose
    Last edited by Moose; 07-12-2013 at 01:16 AM.
    SE in olive, plum S19, SE, pouches and Field Journal. uv S19, Shop Bag, Yarn Sack and organizer Pouches. Synapse25 in steel/uv. Medium Cafe Bag, Western Flyer, SE, Swift & Kit in black. Absolute Strap, steel Kit and small dyneema Pouch, wrist straps, kiwi Swift, Citizen Canine & Kit. Abergine Tri Star, Kit and SE. Wasibi & uv Organizer Cube Pouches, July 4th pouch, December 2011 & 2012 Mystery Gift, 2013 parapack mystery gift and last but not least I'm proud FOT.

Fodor's can be very helpful, particularly for country or destination-specific advice.
    ----
    Please bring back the Portable Culture patch!

Weather, airports, airlines, cities, regions and official countries sites.

If you rent a car, inquire about parking and city driving regulations, so you don't end up paying a fine.

Train travel:

If you go to Europe, Train tickets to Paris, Brussels, Amsterdam, Cologne - Thalys.com

Germany railway site is very good, it has informations in English about pretty much all the questions you should have. bahn.com - your online travel booking tool for rail journeys, holidays, city trips and car rental

Of course Frank site and journeywoman as well.

Frequent flyer forums are good to check.
    Last edited by backpack; 07-12-2013 at 10:00 AM.

If you're traveling to Italy, I don't think there's a better site than slowtrav.com. The majority of the content is written by frequent travelers to Italy, as well as people who have relocated there. They advocate "slow travel" (hence the name), in which you spend a significant quantity of time in one place and learn and practice the rhythms of daily life in addition to visiting major attractions and sites. Their user forums are very useful as well for all manner of questions, including when to buy airline tickets, traveling by train, and what technologies work best for the North American traveler, in particular.

I also find flyertalk to be useful.

One of my favorite travel blogs is marriedwithluggage. This couple sold all their belongings to travel indefinitely, and their archives are full of information on what they did to achieve this lifestyle.

Alright ladies.....this site will help you pack for months and months of travel in only one bag!

http://travelfashiongirl.com/

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Melissa View Post
    Alright ladies.....this site will help you pack for months and months of travel in only one bag!

http://travelfashiongirl.com/
    Butů I just read through the article on how to choose a backpack, and they didn't mention the Synapse! even though the author was also stressing the need to get a backpack that was correctly proportioned for petite (e.g., in her case 5'2" tall) women, (Just joking, but I had to insert that as a credibility check.)
    Darcy likes this.

Everything she mentions has an Amazon affiliate link. (Meaning, if you purchase from the link, she gets a commission.) Common practice with many blogs. (I also do it but I put in a disclaimer letting people know. That's the law in the U.S.)

If a blogger profits in any way from mentioning a profit or service, whether financially or if they received the product/service for free, they must mention this in the blog or preferably as a separate disclaimer at the end of the article.

That doesn't mean you can't trust the review it just lets you know how the blogger got the product or service or if they could profit from the mention.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0