Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Frank II
  • 1 Post By Canonsue
  • 1 Post By Frank II

Thread: 6 Day Business Trip w/ workout shoes

6 Day Business Trip w/ workout shoes

This surely has been asked before, but does anyone have a way to pack a weeks worth of business clothes for a man along with workout clothes and shoes? All in carry-ons for international travel. Plus a laptop.

Assume I have all of Tom's bags...I almost do

Thanks!

Questions:

1) Do you plan to do this in one bag or one carry-on and one "personal" item?
    2) Saying "International Travel" is like saying I'm traveling by car on a highway in the U.S.--without telling us which highways. In regard to the airlines you're flying, do they have weight restrictions and number of bag restrictions?
    3) When you say "a weeks worth of business clothes" do you mean seven different sets of clothes or are you willing to do some laundry along the way?
    4) How big is your laptop?

Without knowing the answers to the above, the obvious choice is an Aeronaut for clothes with exercise shoes in one end compartment and some type of messenger/backpack for your laptop.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

The Aeronaut is the most likely suitable bag.

Does business means khaki attire or something more formal?

Are you going to warm or cold place(s)?

How big are your shoes or clothes?

Are you able to use hotel dry cleaning or a laundromat nearby?

I like the New Balance Minimus line of shoes for a light packable runner. You could fit a half dozen pairs into the shoe compartment on all the TB travel bags or maybe just one pair with lots of room left over for workout clothing in the shoe section.

For shoes, I now only wear SoftStar. I,can use the same shoe for exercise and business casual. These are very lightweight and flexible.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 2032
Size:  62.1 KB
    dorayme likes this.
    Synapse 19, Co-pilot, Travel Tray, PCSB, Western Flyer, all in Dyneema, Side Effect and pouchmania

ceb
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank II View Post
    Questions:

2) Saying "International Travel" is like saying I'm traveling by car on a highway in the U.S.--without telling us which highways. In regard to the airlines you're flying, do they have weight restrictions and number of bag restrictions?
    3) When you say "a weeks worth of business clothes" do you mean seven different sets of clothes or are you willing to do some laundry along the way?

Without knowing the answers to the above, the obvious choice is an Aeronaut for clothes with exercise shoes in one end compartment and some type of messenger/backpack for your laptop.
    Correct. There are many things to consider. Will you be interacting with the same people every day or with different people? Most people are notoriously bad at remembering what a male wore two days ago (unless it was unusual) so you could get by with one suit and two matching pants (think blue suit and beige and off-white trousers) with a handful of ties.
    When in trouble, obfuscate.

All great questions!

1) I do not need to go one-bag. A personal carryon is fine.

2) International: Asiana Air, LAX to Manila. Then a domestic flight in the Philippines on Philippine Air.

3) I arrive on. Sunday in Manila, fly out Tuesday morning to a small island, fly back on Wednesday to Manila, and head home on Thursday. I am not sure there is time for laundry, but I have limited experience on turnaround times.

4) Mac Book Pro, 15". I'd prefer to leave it and take an ipad, but I have a tremendous amount of Excel, PPT, and word to do, plus document review, so it has to come

Size 12 men 's shoes...
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank II View Post
    Questions:

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    The Aeronaut is the most likely suitable bag.

Does business means khaki attire or something more formal?

Are you going to warm or cold place(s)?

How big are your shoes or clothes?

Are you able to use hotel dry cleaning or a laundromat nearby?
    No suit or tie, but would like to being a Blazer and pants, long sleeve shoes. 4 total days of business out of 6.

The Philippines - tropics!

Size 12 shoes, size 52 jacket.

Happy to use laundry ... If they can get it done fast in the hotel.

It's good news/bad news time:

Asiana allows up to 10 kg/22 lbs of carry baggage. Phillipine Airlines only allows 7 kg/15 lbs or carry on baggage. (Air Asiana allows an extra laptop bag but I'm not sure about Philippines Air.)

At your size, bringing six days worth of clothes, workout clothes, and an extra pair of shoes, you might be able to make keep it under 15 lbs. with the laptop and its accessories in a separate bag. As you stated, the Philippines is tropical climate so you may want to change a shirt in the evening.

You might have time for hotel laundry if they offer same day service but it depends on the hotel and not all hotel laundry's are reliable. You could rinse out your own items if you have quick drying shirts. If not, they may take too long to dry.

From what you've stated, I'd suggest the Aeronaut for your clothes and toiletries, and your choice of laptop bag for the laptop and its accessories. If you pack lighter weight clothes, you should be able to pack it all in the Aeronaut. Just be prepared to have to check in once in the Philippines if they are strict about it. (I've never flown Philippines Air so I have no experience with them.)
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

ceb
    Quote Originally Posted by leftistelf View Post
    No suit or tie, but would like to being a Blazer and pants, long sleeve shoes. 4 total days of business out of 6.

The Philippines - tropics!

Size 12 shoes, size 52 jacket.

Happy to use laundry ... If they can get it done fast in the hotel.
    I've always preferred short sleeved shoes but that's just me.

Wear the blazer and you should be fine with everything else in a TriStar or aeronaut. The TriStar "looks" much smaller so you may have better luck with airlines.
    When in trouble, obfuscate.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0