Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Input from the Road Warriors with a Family...

True story. We've been kicking around a move down toward Louisville or Lafayette or Erie. It's really nice up this way, but we wouldn't mind being closer to Boulder and Denver and maybe having a more "walkable" or "bikeable" community.
    Active Duty: Synapse 25 (Black/Wasabi) & Western Flyer (Black/Wasabi) for me & Imago (Cardinal/Hemp/Steel) for my wife
    Reserves: Cadet 13/15 (Black/Wasabi), ID (Black/Steel/Wasabi), Ristretto for 11" MBAir (Black/Steel), Medium Cafe Bag (Olive/Wasabi)

I don't have much to add, but I do really appreciate seeing all the thoughtful responses you've gotten here.

My hubby travels a fair bit, and I'm a homeschooling Mom to our 7 and 9 year old kids. When we're not able to travel with him, we make a point of using Skype to do regular video chats. It really helps all of us to stay connected that way. The kids get to tell him all about what we did that day, show off artwork, or whatever they want to show him. It's not always easy to solo parent when he's gone, but Skype really does minimize the distance felt by having him far away.

Good luck with your decision.
    --Amanda

Packing and gadget geek, collecting bags to disperse to my family.

Quote Originally Posted by lotuseater View Post
    I'd suggest a Front Range TB meetup, but we'd be most successful in holding it at DIA. One of these days, perhaps, we'll find a way to meet locally.
    That would be fun! (but not at DIA ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by TavaPeak View Post
    That would be fun! (but not at DIA ;-)
    What's not to like about getting up at 3.30am, driving all the way out to the Kansas state line, walking through the nudo-scope after a lengthy wait, and then paying $9 for a beer?

Any Denverites here who want to suggest a more central location for a meetup?
    Enlightened traveller since 2009

What's not to like about getting up at 3.30am, driving all the way out to the Kansas state line, walking through the nudo-scope after a lengthy wait, and then paying $9 for a beer?

Any Denverites here who want to suggest a more central location for a meetup?
    Surely there's a craft brewery that's centrally located.
    Active Duty: Synapse 25 (Black/Wasabi) & Western Flyer (Black/Wasabi) for me & Imago (Cardinal/Hemp/Steel) for my wife
    Reserves: Cadet 13/15 (Black/Wasabi), ID (Black/Steel/Wasabi), Ristretto for 11" MBAir (Black/Steel), Medium Cafe Bag (Olive/Wasabi)

My geographic bias would show through by suggesting Avery, Upslope or Oskar Blues.

My geographic bias would show through by suggesting Avery, Upslope or Oskar Blues.
    I love Oskar Blues! Winter is always a good time for an Old Chub.

I'm definitely a fan of Dale's Pale in Imperial Pint cans. Twist my arm, and I suppose I'll have to go visit the source. Who else is in?

Hi all -

I wanted to post a long-overdue update to this thread...

In late-January, I received a written offer from a consumer electronics company that started in a garage and is named for a fruit. The financial and other short- and long-term benefits exceeded my expectations so, after one more night of deliberation with my wife, I signed on the dotted line.

I was able to negotiate to give my school and district four weeks of notice so I start officially on March 4. I will spend the first two days at the corporate HQ in the Bay Area for orientation and I can honestly say that I am very excited for the opportunity. It's been tough to leave my school -- we've come a long way -- but working for this company has been a dream for as long as I can recall.

There is a high likelihood of a new piece or two of TB gear in my near future.

Thanks for the incredible advice here. It is much appreciated.

Congratulations, Scott. Well played! I had no idea this is what you were considering when you originally posted the question.

Apple have very strong ties to the education sector, dating back to the late 80s or early 90s when they realized that corporations were unlikely to adopt the Mac in large numbers, and they needed a market to drive adoption of the OS. When the Macintosh was launched, it provided a platform for statistical software that previously only ran on mainframes.

Let us know how your ventures go. And any time you're coming through/near Boulder you'll have to let me know so we can arrange a meetup at Oskar Blues in Lyons or Longmont.

I'd suggest a Front Range TB meetup, but we'd be most successful in holding it at DIA. One of these days, perhaps, we'll find a way to meet locally.
    Add me to the list for a Front Range meetup.

I would come to a Front Range meetup.
    Synapse 19, Co-pilot, Travel Tray, PCSB, Western Flyer, all in Dyneema, Side Effect and pouchmania

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0