Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By moriond

Thread: mTrip Travel Guide apps for iPhone free today (December 18, 2012)

Volunteer Moderator

mTrip Travel Guide apps for iPhone free today (December 18, 2012)

Hi All,

Last year as a follow-on to jeffmac's Italia! thread I posted links to the mTrip iOS guides when they went free (since they included Rome and Venice). These were among the best travel planning apps that I've found (regardless of the free price). So I'm listing 6 of the mTrip apps that have gone free today, in hopes that other forum members with iPhones, iPads, or iPod Touches can make use of them. I've linked to the iTunes App Store URLs:

All these apps come with offline maps. Hope this is of interest, and that you can pick these up while they are free. (The last time I posted the free Fodor apps I got a notification from a forum member reporting the post as possible spam!)

moriond

Addendum: OK, here's the information. mTrip is launching version 2 of their travel apps this week, and starting today (Tuesday, December 18) they are releasing 6 of their apps as free for each day. Here's their blog post listing of the timetable (which seems to have left out Bangkok):

Tuesday December 18.
    Paris
    Amsterdam
    Vienna
    Tokyo
    Budapest

Wednesday December 19.
    London
    Berlin
    Madrid
    San Francisco
    Dublin
    Shanghai

Thursday December 20.
    New York
    Barcelona
    Rome
    Istanbul
    Singapore
    Prague

I don't know if there will be further free releases, but you might keep an eye out. Also, mTrip makes Android apps, too, so it's possible there might be a similar promotion there.

It turns out that the article is out at TUAW (The Unofficial Apple Weblog), but without listing the Bangkok app as free today:

mTrip's travel guide apps are free this week (Dec 18th 2012)

They seem to be repeating the first three days' of their September 2011 promotion, so if you want direct links to the app versions for the next two day, refer to the earlier TUAW article which gives links to each of the apps:

mTrip offers free iPhone travel guides (Sept. 6th 2011)
    Last edited by moriond; 12-18-2012 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Added link to mTrip blog with timetable for upcming free travel app releases and to TUAW articles

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0