Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By snowbot
  • 1 Post By Badger
  • 1 Post By lonestar6
  • 1 Post By TavaPeak
  • 2 Post By Badger

Thread: Stlylish Long Trench for Plus Sized people.

Stlylish Long Trench for Plus Sized people.

I would like to find one in black with removable lining (non wool) and a hood with enough room to layer thin fleece underneath.
    This coat is meant to fulfil all my cold rainy and snowy weather dress up requirements.

If you know of a large scarf pashmina like supplier of cotton knit scarves, I would be delighted.

I think one poster mentioned such item a while ago.

Of course my ideal trench would be made by Tom from Dyneema, until one is created, I need an alternative.

A Dyneema trench coat would be perfect for the frequent minimalist traveler in the Matrix.

I think it was LauraA who travels with a Synapse and her Fluxus scarf: Nomad Scarf - International Endeavor

Quote Originally Posted by snowbot View Post
    A Dyneema trench coat would be perfect for the frequent minimalist traveler in the Matrix.
    I have wished for Dyneema clothing in the halls of these fora in the past! Travel vests, foul weather gear, heck... even a bow tie!! But now that there is mention of a trench coat ... I could go for a Dyneema Duster in Iberian... ooooohhhh!! Even Santa would love one!

Someone please help me!
    I have BAS (Bihn Acquisition Syndrome)!!

The fluxus scarves are wonderful. They look good, adapt to any situation, and are easy to maintain. I have even used mine as a 'blanket' for transcontinental flights.

I finally ordered one this morning, lonestar6. Looks long enough even for me! We're heading to Kauai in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by TavaPeak View Post
    I finally ordered one this morning, lonestar6. Looks long enough even for me! We're heading to Kauai in the future.
    Ooh. Where are you going when you're there? If you're going to be near Poipu at all, I have a good lunch recommendation for you.

(Clearly, my Clif Bar is wearing off.)

I come in at 5' 10" if it helps with your estimate.

lonstar6, I'm 5'11". You've given me hope.

Give it up, Badger! Yes, we'll be in Poipu. Is there a Suddenly Luau? ;-)
    Janine likes this.

backpack, Travelsmith sells plus-sized trenches with removable liners. Women's Plus Size Double-Collar Raincoat

I bought a different style from Travelsmith many years ago. The liner didn't keep me warm enough in winter Boston-type weather, so for biz travel I take the raincoat, and layer with a packable down sweater/jacket (tall-size one from Pendleton) for warmth. I take silk long underwear to layer under slacks.

Yes, we'll be in Poipu. Is there a Suddenly Luau? ;-)
    Okay, then you must, must go to the Koloa Fish Market, located in Koloa (duh). You can buy fish there to grill if you're staying in a condo or something, but they also have these amazing plate lunches. They'll cook the fish you want to order, and they have loads of different kinds of poké, which is basically like ceviche. The best involves tuna, in my estimation. You can't really eat there because it's mostly a take-away sort of place, but if you buy a plate lunch to go, you can have it on the beach. Best thing ever.

Other recommendation: when you get to the airport, you'll be in the town of Lihui. In Lihui, go to Hamura Saimin. They have lots of different things, but ignore them. You want the noodle soup, which comes in a variety of sizes, but the large is filling but not too much. The grilled beef and chicken skewers are a good go-with. PS: use the chili pepper water. Amazing, crack-like condiment.

Finally, Lappert's ice cream. Coconut. Good God, the coconut.

*In the Poipu area, I imagine that there are luaus of both the sudden and grossly-overdetermined variety. Hahaha, Suddenly LUAU.

backpack, Travelsmith sells plus-sized trenches with removable liners. Women's Plus Size Double-Collar Raincoat

I bought a different style from Travelsmith many years ago. The liner didn't keep me warm enough in winter Boston-type weather, so for biz travel I take the raincoat, and layer with a packable down sweater/jacket (tall-size one from Pendleton) for warmth. I take silk long underwear to layer under slacks.
    Thank you so much TavaPeak, I'll do the same and skip the liner.
    I'll replace it with packable lightweight microfiber fleece, If anyone has a source for that as well, I would be grateful.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0