Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Waterproof shoes for fall/winter walking

I'm very attached to my New Balance 978s. Comfortable, comes in various widthsm, and waterproof!

Audrey

There used to be no difference other than choices in finish/material, but now there is in structure. Dansko lost the patent to the footbed, last and sole for their stapled clogs. Sanita has the patent. Now the clogs for Dansko are made in China, Sanitas are still made in Denmark. Dansko's are now wider at the heel cup and toe box. Some have complained that the new Dansko last squeaks over time, though I haven't had this problem. If you are used to the original fit, then the new fit may not work as well. here's an article on the deets.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

i am a mailman and i have tried many brands. for the prize and comfort, i have chosen KEEN shoes for my work now. waterproof, light and very boxy up front in the shoes for the toes. keen does not use goretex. they use their own technology and it works and therefore keen waterproof shoes aren't as expensive as goretexed shoes. you should try a pair on. KEEN.
    aeronaut[black/solar]tristar[black/red iberian]western flyer[black/steel]synapse[black/steel]side effect[black/wasabi]medium cafe bag[black/wasabi]large cafe bag[black/wasabi]shopping bag[steel].

Thanks for the link, @dorayme! Nice, concise, and informative!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by blackfungi View Post
    KEEN.
    Yeah! I just found a pair of waterproof KEENs in black and purple. I have a pair of KEEN boots that I like well, but they aren't waterproof (found that out the hard way and had soggy feet all day!). The fit is very good, though, so I thought I'd give this brand another try.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    No kidding! That's definitely something to consider. Hubby was an REI member for a while. I wonder if his membership is up-to-date....
    I thought REI membership is lifetime. . . I could be mistaken though.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    I thought REI membership is lifetime. . . I could be mistaken though.
    You are mistaken about being mistaken! REI memberships are indeed for life. Were they always for life, or were they annual memberships long ago?

You are mistaken about being mistaken! REI memberships are indeed for life. Were they always for life, or were they annual memberships long ago?
    I remember being told when I signed up 10ish years ago that they were for life as long as you made 1 purchase a year. However, I don't think the purchase/year thing is the case, because my best friend's membership is still valid, and I know he didn't shop at REI when he lived on the east coast. You should still be good

KmK

Another vote for Keen

I love Keens for my preferred casual footwear...you can find them with a waterproof layer and they are supremely accommodating for wide feet. I've traipsed all over creation in several pairs worth of them. Durable leather comf and slightly funky...I ask little more from my shoes.

So, I got a pair of Keens and I love them. They are more hiking-bootish, though, and I wouldn't mind a pair of sneaker-like waterproof shoes. So I looked back for Lani's recommendation and you know what?

There's a pair of Brooks Adrenaline sneakers on my feet right now.

The pair of sneakers I've been wearing for the past year is the non-Goretex version. I am such a doofus! But at least I'm a doofus who can confidently order a specific size online, knowing that they will fit. :-D
    dorayme likes this.

Glad you found what works!

Quote Originally Posted by falconea View Post
    I'm very attached to my New Balance 978s. Comfortable, comes in various widthsm, and waterproof!

Audrey
    Hey Audrey, are these hiking shoes? If so, they look very nice! I've had New Balance shoes before and they fit my feet very well.

Hey Audrey, are these hiking shoes? If so, they look very nice! I've had New Balance shoes before and they fit my feet very well.
    They are hiking boots. Very comfortable.

Audrey

In 2009 I went to buy Blundstones in Tasmania, where they're from, and no one wanted to sell them to me. Reason: they transferred their manufacturing and Blunnies are now made in Korea. Instead, they steered me to Rossi boots in a similar style. I bought a pair of these (or something like them; they have lots of boots in that style and I can't tell the difference between models) and I've been wearing them ever since. best boots ever; they're waterproof, easy to pull on (good for airport security) and comfortable for walking miles and miles. And apparently they are also sold in the US.

How cool! I didn't know NB made hiking boots.

That's an interesting story about the Rossi boots. I'm glad they worked out for you!

I ordered a pair of the Gore-Tex Adrenalines from my local running shop this weekend. They didn't have my size in stock, boo. Two of the salespeople raved about Gore-Tex running shoes and how they are great for accidental puddle-stomping. That's perfect for me! I watch the weather carefully so I know how to dress my kids, but sometimes that information doesn't transfer over to how I dress myself.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0