Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Volunteer Moderator

Tripwolf iOS Travel Guides free today

Hi All,

Those of you with iPhones, iPads, or iPod Touches might be interested in the Tripwolf travel guide apps. These are normally $5.99 each, and feature downloadable maps for offline use. They also make apps for Android. I'll list the apps that are currently free

moriond

Thanks for the heads-up! I've gone ahead and shared your info over on my Travelite site (and I will be downloading them, too)
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up! I've gone ahead and shared your info over on my Travelite site (and I will be downloading them, too)
    @Lani Tripwolf is continuing to add to the list of travel guides gone free. Here are some that showed up in the last hour:

Tripwolf started as a social media travel site in 2008 and they also issue mobile travel apps on the iOS and Android platforms. It's based in Vienna, and offers content in English, German, Spanish, Italian and French. Coincident with their fourth anniversary, they announced a new in-app Travel Tool: The Trip Planner, and are now rolling out updated versions of their (premium) app guides with this updated feature.

You can use their travel apps with or without joining Tripwolf to share your comments. There's a basic Tripwolf app that gives you access to information, and also lets you download premium versions of their guides for $5.99. What I find a bit confusing is that apparently you can't, at present, add these individual premium app guides to the basic guide (which would let you consolidate multiple travel guides into one app.) When they ran a promotion last December, where they offered 5 of their premium travel guides for free each day until December 13, you could download these either separately or into their consolidated app. If I search for the "free" premium guides in their consolidated app, these show up as available for purchase at $5.99.

HTH.

moriond