Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Bye bye Imago

Peregrina - despite the hassle, at least you have the new passport! Phew! As a Canadian too, I was not aware of the "four friends" required for a replacement. Good to know!

Glad that part worked out!
    Lani likes this.
    "Buy the best, cry once" - Pasquale

Sorry to hear of your horrible holiday luck. It must be a horrible feeling to lose so much gear at one time. Glad to hear the consulate was able to replace your husband's passport without maximizing the hassle!
    Aeronaut in Black/Iberian, Synapse in Black/Iberian, Small Cafe Bag in Linen/Steel, 4Z Horizontal Cache in Black, iPad Vertical Cache in Black, 3D Organizer Cube in Steel, Large Clear Organizer in Pouch Iberian, Medium Clear Organizer Pouch in Iberian, Mini Padded Organizer Pouch in Black, Mini Organizer Pouch in Iberian, 16" Key Strap in Sapphire, 8" Key Strap in Storm

So sorry for the loss and thank you so much for taking the time to share with us what you did to resolve at least part of the problem.

oh well, we lost mostly just *stuff*. Insurance will probably replace some of it... at least the bank cards and other IDs were not in the bag... that would have been more of a headache!
    In our household: Black/Steel Aeronaut (with 2 large packing cubes and Absolute shoulder strap), Forest/Steel Aeronaut (1 large and 2 small packing cubes), Olive/Wasabi medium Cafe Bag, Linen/Olive Medium Cafe Bag, Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi Imago, Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, Hemp Little Swift, Solar Shop Bag, Plum/Wasabi Side Effect, Black/Steel/Solar Smart Alec, Horizontal and Vertical Freudian Slips, TB Wallet, Hemp Little Swift, FOT pouch, Black/Olive ID

I'm glad to hear your husband's getting a replacement. Now that you can breath a sigh of relief over that, you mentioned his lightmeter was taken, but you didn't mention his camera. I hope that was safe and in another bag. I'm always so worried about the pictures I take while on vacation. I even have the cable to connect the camera to an iPad2 in order to save images, but didn't bother to use it the last time I was on vac. At least he can get another passport. I have a feeling the pictures are irreplaceable.
    Aeronaut (crimson) with Absolute Strap, Synapse (navy), Smart Alec (black/steel/solar), Shop Bag (solar), cache for MBP, cache for iPad2, and numerous pouches and key straps.

The camera was indeed in another bag, which is good since it was my husband's favourite camera, a minolta autocord:

He lost a few rolls of colour film (the only 3 rolls of colour film he brought, since he shoots mostly b&w), but that was about it in terms of photography.

Quote Originally Posted by malamalama View Post
    I'm glad to hear your husband's getting a replacement. Now that you can breath a sigh of relief over that, you mentioned his lightmeter was taken, but you didn't mention his camera. I hope that was safe and in another bag. I'm always so worried about the pictures I take while on vacation. I even have the cable to connect the camera to an iPad2 in order to save images, but didn't bother to use it the last time I was on vac. At least he can get another passport. I have a feeling the pictures are irreplaceable.
    Walker likes this.
    In our household: Black/Steel Aeronaut (with 2 large packing cubes and Absolute shoulder strap), Forest/Steel Aeronaut (1 large and 2 small packing cubes), Olive/Wasabi medium Cafe Bag, Linen/Olive Medium Cafe Bag, Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi Imago, Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, Hemp Little Swift, Solar Shop Bag, Plum/Wasabi Side Effect, Black/Steel/Solar Smart Alec, Horizontal and Vertical Freudian Slips, TB Wallet, Hemp Little Swift, FOT pouch, Black/Olive ID

THAT is a beautiful camera! Like, like, like!

Thanks Walker! We shot mostly digital for a while but then I picked up my own 35mm SLR and was astounded by the depth of colour and the quality of the images straight out of the camera. I still have my DSLR and a digital point and shoot (and I shoot a lot with my iphone) but we also shoot a LOT with film cameras and my husband is particularly into medium format, which he prefers above all else.

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    THAT is a beautiful camera! Like, like, like!

Quote Originally Posted by peregrina View Post
    Thanks Walker! We shot mostly digital for a while but then I picked up my own 35mm SLR and was astounded by the depth of colour and the quality of the images straight out of the camera. I still have my DSLR and a digital point and shoot (and I shoot a lot with my iphone) but we also shoot a LOT with film cameras and my husband is particularly into medium format, which he prefers above all else.
    Nothing beats the medium format. And while I appreciate how digital technology allows practically anyone to take photos and videos these days, film photography still rules IMO. There is active thought process and discipline that go into shooting film. Even the p&s film cameras required discipline and taking the shot in your vision before pressing the shutter. I am VERY happy that you did not lose your Minolta Autocord.

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    I am VERY happy that you did not lose your Minolta Autocord.
    I second that. Wow, what a camera.
    Aeronaut (crimson) with Absolute Strap, Synapse (navy), Smart Alec (black/steel/solar), Shop Bag (solar), cache for MBP, cache for iPad2, and numerous pouches and key straps.

The camera picture brings back memories. It reminds me of the Rolleiflex my Dad used when I was growing up.
    I'm glad you didn't lose your camera.

It is a beautiful camera: almost as much a work of art as the photos your husband takes with it. I'm sure it be far more difficult to replace than a digital camera, so I'm very glad it wasn't stolen, too.

Despite the hassle, stress, and aggravation of having to replace the passport, it would have been more of a heartache if anything happened to that beautiful classic camera!
    "Buy the best, cry once" - Pasquale

Walker,

You are right. When I shoot with my film SLR, nearly every picture in a roll is well composed and I like nearly all of them. With the DSLR, I don't know, perhaps I don't think as much but I shoot 50 pictures and like fewer than 10... if that...

One of the plus sides of shooting film is that we always meet interesting people. People see us with these old cameras and come to talk to us, to ask questions, etc... It's a really great conversation starter!
    Maria likes this.

New bag!

After I posted about my husband's loss of his Imago with all his stuff, another Tom Bihn forum member contacted me asking if I'd be interested on her Imago. She would send it to us free of charge since she felt she wasn't using it as much as she thought she would. I offered her my ID, which I also haven't been using as much and we swapped bags. The Imago arrived today and I'll be shipping the ID back to her tomorrow! Thanks once again Kim!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0